Very Impressive Dermarolling And Minxodil Results - From Tressless

justlol@you

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I had no idea that there was such a trial here. It is weird that ONLY ONE guy stuck with it. We are not talking about an every damn day routine here. We are taking about 15 minutes of dermarolling ONCE a week. Are people that lazy? Or is this thing way too painful that people give up early?
Did the guy that stuck with it get insane regrowth like the guy we've been discussing in this thread?

yes, yes and yes.

people are lazy and avoid discomfort like the plague.

The guy that stuck with it (someone else could help me remember the name, i think it was butterfly something or other) had seriously impressive regrowth.

Aliens

Established Member
Reaction score
I am hesitating between a dermapen or a derminator. Is the tearing they are talking anout something we should worry about it?

hairloss_user

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Derminator seems nice but what makes it different from a regular dermapen? I read it doesn't cause microtears. So a normal pen does?

MP4

My Regimen
Reaction score
I had 2 hair transplants some years ago. Is it save to use a dermapen if you had a transplant?

HairSuit

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I had 2 hair transplants some years ago. Is it save to use a dermapen if you had a transplant?
Of course. Shouldn’t make any difference. If you had just had the follicles placed, then yes, that’s no bueno. It can be argued that the trauma caused by the transplant actually has a positive effect on surrounding hairs and miniaturizing hairs by the same mechanism as microneedling.

iSlapBitches

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Derminator seems nice but what makes it different from a regular dermapen? I read it doesn't cause microtears. So a normal pen does?

Derminator is professional lever microneedle instrument and those pens are just re-purposed tattoo needles. Plus the derminator has a lifetime warranty and its still only $200. Do more research, I read about these things for like a month before I chose one. Was using a simple roller at first.

Thebaldcel

My Regimen
Reaction score

I have both. The pen seems more like a vibration of the needles (going up and down weakly) while the derminator has a lot more force like it can actually puncture skin. I can believe the microtearing claims just based on the high speed of the pen.

Kirby

Established Member
Reaction score
There was a pretty massive thread on dermarolling about 5 years ago. Then some idiot posted a picture of themselves after a dermarolling session and it was incredibly graphic...an extreme amount of blood. Thread was shut down promptly afte that.

There was a lot of motivation back then and there were a fair number of people who tried it (myself included). Anecdotally, I did the once per week dermaroll session with 1.5mm needles for about 4 months and my crown was almost completely filled in by the end. Before starting I had significant crown loss.
I remember that (sadly long deleted) thread very well! The results from users were conclusive enough, and I’m still convinced as I always was that there is something positive in all this.

bigjimmy

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Derminator is professional lever microneedle instrument and those pens are just re-purposed tattoo needles. Plus the derminator has a lifetime warranty and its still only $200. Do more research, I read about these things for like a month before I chose one. Was using a simple roller at first.

You’re right, I’ve been reading up on it all day, just purchased the derminator.

wc5269

My Regimen
Reaction score
I just bought the derminator. I think it's going to provide the most consistent wounding, and therefore the best results. I'm also going to change the needle every time to ensure peak performance. I'll be doing it at 1.5mm weekly while applying min nightly.

Hopefully I'll get it in a reasonable amount of time. For anyone on the fence, I did read on their site that November though April they experience delays shipping to the US of up to 3 months. Might want to jump on it now.

Sanchez1234

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I have both. The pen seems more like a vibration of the needles (going up and down weakly) while the derminator has a lot more force like it can actually puncture skin. I can believe the microtearing claims just based on the high speed of the pen.
Why do you have both and which do you reccomend? Derminator?