Very Impressive Dermarolling And Minxodil Results - From Tressless

Sanchez1234

Experienced Member
Reaction score
74775446, thanks for helping us out by sharing your success story.

So is this your brother-in-law? And has he ONLY been dermarolling, without pens, minoxidil or finasteride? What's the needle length on his dermaroller?

(apologies if these have been answered before, it's a long thread to plod through)
Takes you 15 minutes. You'll get educated in the meantime.

rxmn

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi bros, I would also like to try this and have a few questions:

I would like to buy the derminator and found the following:

www DOT derminator DOT com (can't post links)

Is this the correct one? In this thread people said that it is battery powered, but this has a charger.

iSlapBitches

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Dermapen. I think the guy promoting the Derminator must work for them. It's not 'medical grade' and it's a rip off.

Lol at thinking I work for derminator you loser. I live in the U.S. and derminator is from some shitty European country. And also lol if you think $200 is alot or can be a ripoff. If that's expensive for you then you dont have enough money.

Dermapens are fine for the most part, derminator is just better and the price difference isn't enough to not go with the better option.

kiwi666

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey guys. Stay civil :)

I raised the derminator because a lot of the guys are using it here and on other forums and also getting results. I think people use it because it is also easy to use and is known to be robust.

Enough people use it, so despite the site being ugly site it’s not a scam.

I’m seriously scratching my head now.... derminator... dermanpen... derminator... dermanpen... procrastinate...

kiwi666

My Regimen
Reaction score
I bought the pen from the Amazon link the guy on Reddit used with the 12 Needle heads.

this one:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Microneedl...eywords=dermapen+titanium+auto+electric&psc=1

How long did it take to arrive?

Would you be willing to post pics now of the box/unboxing and what your gf did or even an anonymous video of her doing it.

I ask because I’m going to ask my gf to watch your video and do the same thing for me... regardless of dermanpen or derminator.

Thanks heaps for sharing that!

justlol@you

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Have you done needling? How is your hair? Has it maintained?

I tried it very briefly before i had FUE and moved to another country upon which i didn't bring my stamp with me, and obviously it would be a bad idea to be needling immediately or in the weeks following post op, so as i was healing I just forgot about it and never picked it back up. That, and I find the side effects of minoxidil to be intolerable for me personally. So I cant report positive or negative.

I will be starting again soon since while FUE has restored my hairline it has been really disappointing in terms of density/coverage. But I will use rosemary oil in place of minoxidil.

kiwi666

My Regimen
Reaction score
I tried it very briefly before i had FUE and moved to another country upon which i didn't bring my stamp with me, and obviously it would be a bad idea to be needling immediately or in the weeks following post op, so as i was healing I just forgot about it and never picked it back up. That, and I find the side effects of minoxidil to be intolerable for me personally. So I cant report positive or negative.

I will be starting again soon since while FUE has restored my hairline it has been really disappointing in terms of density/coverage. But I will use rosemary oil in place of minoxidil.

Do you have any links to examples of that being effective?

Cheers man :)

justlol@you

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Do you have any links to examples of that being effective?

Cheers man :)

the rosemary oil?

according to this study rosemary oil was as effective as minoxidil 2% with less itching and dandruff: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/25842469

this study in rats suggests rosemary extract may inhibit DHT from binding to the AR: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22517595

Rosemary oil also supposedly increases PGE2. I dont have reference on hand for that one but I remember reading about it.

The evidence for rosemary oil being an effective agent is quite thin, but this is about the best you can hope for since no pharma in their right mind will invest millions of dollars in research into a naturally occurring substance they cant patent. For me its enough to justify giving it a really solid trial without feeling like I'm pissing in the wind.

kiwi666

My Regimen
Reaction score
I do NOT think the Derminator is a scam. In fact, it looks like a good piece of equipment. However, I do not think it is "medical grade", nor do I think it's worth the money when cheaper ones are on Amazon.

Why not give yourself even longer to think? Start out with a $10 dermaroller and if that gives you results you can consider upgrading to a pen.

I already have a stamp. I’m going to buy the pen.

malebiped

Reaction score
He has used minoxidil like I did but he has used ONLY the dermaroller. It cost £5.

Thanks. Do you know the needle length he uses?

I'm averse to cough up triple digits at this point, but dermarollers are practically free, so giving one a try seems a veritable nobrainer.

You do have to pick a needle length upon ordering though.

Francky85

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Well got to say, my head certainly feels alive today....can feel its warmth and the blood pumping up to it....usually my head feels dead/numb.

Looking forward already to my next session and 6 months time.

Derelict

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks. Do you know the needle length he uses?

I'm averse to cough up triple digits at this point, but dermarollers are practically free, so giving one a try seems a veritable nobrainer.

You do have to pick a needle length upon ordering though.

get a 2mm dermaroller

Capone

My Regimen
Reaction score
Of course. Shouldn’t make any difference. If you had just had the follicles placed, then yes, that’s no bueno. It can be argued that the trauma caused by the transplant actually has a positive effect on surrounding hairs and miniaturizing hairs by the same mechanism as microneedling.
I could have swore that happened on the side of my head where I had grafts placed.. one or two hair sprung up nowhere near the said grafts.

P.s My Dr Pen Ultima A6 arrived today.. happy days!!! :D

Last edited:

Badbald

Established Member
Reaction score
https://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT03491267

Dont know if people have seen this... Im sure those big on follica have its a shame about the 2025 completion date but anyway perhaps adding Retinoic acid to the regime could do something with the wounding?

"The investigators have recently found that retinoids, such as the tretinoin (retin-A) used in acne, can synergize with dsRNA and promote extra Wnt signaling.

The investigators therefore hypothesize that wounding of the area of scarring alopecia in CCCA, using a fractionated CO2 laser in combination with retinoid acid, will induce hair follicle regeneration."

HairSuit

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I could have swore that happened on the side of my head where I had grafts placed.. one or two hair sprung up nowhere near the said grafts.

P.s My Dr Pen Ultima A6 arrived today.. happy days!!! :D
Awesome. Waiting on my derminator. Yeah, my Doctor told me they see it al the time that the surrounding hairs benefit from a hair transplant. That should be encouragement enough that there is something to wounding as a treatment.

Capone

My Regimen
Reaction score
Awesome. Waiting on my derminator. Yeah, my Doctor told me they see it al the time that the surrounding hairs benefit from a hair transplant. That should be encouragement enough that there is something to wounding as a treatment.
It feels like a solid piece of kit..

Attachments

• 4D7383DF-9DC8-44FB-8E90-382E25E052DB.jpeg
    4D7383DF-9DC8-44FB-8E90-382E25E052DB.jpeg
    88.7 KB · Views: 767