Very Impressive Dermarolling And Minxodil Results - From Tressless

hairnohair

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
No. You need to do 1.5mm minimum. I’ve seen some diagrams showing why this is the case but I can’t find it again. Otherwise I’d share it.
My skin is fairly thin, I tried with a needle and 1.5 feels like it's going to touch my skull, maybe the depth required to work is subjective? My two cents, I'm scared of causing skin damage.

Francky85

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Watch out for infections. The Derminator people recommend sterilizing your needles with this:
https://owndoc.shop/Dermaneedling/Creams, vitamins, serums, masks/Sterilizing agent Chloramine-T 20 g (0.7 oz)/

Applying antibiotic ointment to your wounds will help them heal faster too

Surely you should be using new needles every time you do a session...re-using wounding needles seems a big no no to me....especially as they are fairly cheap for a once a week session....getting and infection would be horrendous.

Anyway im starting my session tonight....Mrs is Cutting my hair and then going to do the whole top of my scalp...ill do it once a week and do minoxidil twice a day on every day that I dont do a session on....then when Trinov comes out, ill add that into the mix.

Will take pictures and if I get results, ill post them up.

ZLulic

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
My skin is fairly thin, I tried with a needle and 1.5 feels like it's going to touch my skull, maybe the depth required to work is subjective? My two cents, I'm scared of causing skin damage.

I think thats why it is recommended to use a numbing cream before the needling. I used 1mm for 4 months to get adjusted to the feeling, so I hope to try the 1.5 mm next.

hairnohair

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I think thats why it is recommended to use a numbing cream before the needling. I used 1mm for 4 months to get adjusted to the feeling, so I hope to try the 1.5 mm next.

I'm ok with pain, I'm just worried of causing more damage than necessary and creating more fibrosis.

justlol@you

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Watch out for infections. The Derminator people recommend sterilizing your needles with this:
https://owndoc.shop/Dermaneedling/Creams, vitamins, serums, masks/Sterilizing agent Chloramine-T 20 g (0.7 oz)/

Applying antibiotic ointment to your wounds will help them heal faster too

Surely you should be using new needles every time you do a session...re-using wounding needles seems a big no no to me....especially as they are fairly cheap for a once a week session....getting and infection would be horrendous.

Anyway im starting my session tonight....Mrs is Cutting my hair and then going to do the whole top of my scalp...ill do it once a week and do minoxidil twice a day on every day that I dont do a session on....then when Trinov comes out, ill add that into the mix.

Will take pictures and if I get results, ill post them up.

being someone who has stuck himself with intramuscular needles for about 5 years and even reused needles many times, believe me when I say getting an infection from dermarollers is really highly unlikely, especially since you're only breaking the dermis (think about how many times you've scraped or cut yourself and did absolutely nothing for it other than maybe a plaster/band-aid and nothing happened - these kinds of wounds have massively more exposure than the tiny ones created by dermarolling). You have to be a really dirty bastard or have a compromised immune system to get an infection

in fact that was pretty much the finding of a review on pre injection sterilization procedures - they found most of the sh*t they did with disinfectants did almost nothing that simply washing the skin didn't do (there was still bacteria present on the skin in all cases) so they came to the conclusion that the presence of bacteria prior to breaking the dermis was practically unavoidable and the cause of infections was probably related to immune compromise in individuals rather than poor procedure)

Francky85

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah you are probably right and it is very unlikely that you would ever get an infection....but regardless for me, the needles are so cheap (I already have 14) so that's enough for over 3 months, there is no point in me re-using them.

Sanchez1234

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Yeah you are probably right and it is very unlikely that you would ever get an infection....but regardless for me, the needles are so cheap (I already have 14) so that's enough for over 3 months, there is no point in me re-using them.
Which one you bought?

Francky85

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I read that the derminator gets stuck and that there are doubts about the depth.
Did you try 2mm? Any issues?

Tonight will be trying it for the first time at 2mm.

I very much doubt it would get stuck....and I think the guy on Reddit said he had not issues gliding it over wet hair and it worked for him.....ill give feedback tonight on how it went.

Sanchez1234

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Derminator or dermapen?
Derminator.
The depth doubts can be found here https://www.acne.org/messageboard/topic/368044-used-the-derminator-for-the-first-time-and/

The good news: that page was about derminator 1. Derminator 2 is a new device, so i hope issues got resolved.

These are the improvements of the Derminator 2 over the previous version:

1. The machine now uses cartridges with a silicone spring, with the advantages: (a) allowing the use of Chloramine-T as a disinfectant and (b) no blood serum can enter the hand unit anymore.

2. We offer the usual 1- and 9-needle cartridges but now also a 12-needle cartridge, making needling 33% faster.

3. The tip of the new 1-needle cartridge is not so "scratchy" anymore as the previous model.

4. The cartridges need much less rotational force than the previous ones to put on.

5. The maximum needling depth has been increased by 0.25 o 2.5 mm and a "cheat mode" exists whereby the max. needling depth of the 1-needle cartridge is increased to 3.5 mm.

6. The cable between the console and the hand unit is much more flexible and does not develop kinks. It also looks nicer, with a brighter white color.

Best regards,

Sarah

hairloss_user

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
being someone who has stuck himself with intramuscular needles for about 5 years and even reused needles many times, believe me when I say getting an infection from dermarollers is really highly unlikely, especially since you're only breaking the dermis (think about how many times you've scraped or cut yourself and did absolutely nothing for it other than maybe a plaster/band-aid and nothing happened - these kinds of wounds have massively more exposure than the tiny ones created by dermarolling). You have to be a really dirty bastard or have a compromised immune system to get an infection

in fact that was pretty much the finding of a review on pre injection sterilization procedures - they found most of the sh*t they did with disinfectants did almost nothing that simply washing the skin didn't do (there was still bacteria present on the skin in all cases) so they came to the conclusion that the presence of bacteria prior to breaking the dermis was practically unavoidable and the cause of infections was probably related to immune compromise in individuals rather than poor procedure)

Have you done needling? How is your hair? Has it maintained?

hairloss_user

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Just did my 2nd session and just got a few blood spots but the scalp don't seem red. Maybe hard to know with the hair covering? Should I do it again? Man it's really hard to know with a roller. Probably best to just use a pen.

hairloss_user

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I am no expert but my results are good and I've never bled a huge amount. Read the study: it says the dermaroller was used until mild redness was noticed but there is no mention of blood. This doesn't have to be barbaric.

Yeah that's the thing though. Can't see any mild redness, but I did get a few blood spots so maybe I did apply the right pressure. Temples are a bit red, but hard to know other than that.

Francky85

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Just finished doing the deed.....wasn't too bad....got the GF to do it after she cut my hair...I took some pictures, which I will post with some more pics to compare with in 3 months time and then 6 months time.

Felt exactly like getting a tattoo on my head.....ive got a sleeve so im used to that.....she went back and forth till my whole scalp was red and a few blood spots.

Glad ive got her to do it mind you....head feels like its on fire and sunburnt :p

malebiped

Reaction score
74775446, thanks for helping us out by sharing your success story.

So is this your brother-in-law? And has he ONLY been dermarolling, without pens, minoxidil or finasteride? What's the needle length on his dermaroller?

(apologies if these have been answered before, it's a long thread to plod through)