Very Impressive Dermarolling And Minxodil Results - From Tressless

Trichosan

My Regimen
Reaction score
Same here. Got mine coming with five extra heads. Hope it works well, it's dirt cheap compared to the real DermaPen:

Your item has been processed through our facility in ISC NEW YORK NY(USPS) at 9:56 pm on October 19, 2018.

I've has shipments from Italy, Romania, Poland, CZ and none have ever taken months. Usually about the same as a coast to coast US postal ship. It's not liquid or a restricted import so shouldn't be much of a hold in customs. Unless the customs inspector is bald. :confused:

Aliens

Established Member
Reaction score
Same here. Got mine coming with five extra heads. Hope it works well, it's dirt cheap compared to the real DermaPen:

Your item has been processed through our facility in ISC NEW YORK NY(USPS) at 9:56 pm on October 19, 2018.

I've has shipments from Italy, Romania, Poland, CZ and none have ever taken months. Usually about the same as a coast to coast US postal ship. It's not liquid or a restricted import so shouldn't be much of a hold in customs. Unless the customs inspector is bald. :confused:

You are talking about the derminator? If so where is it send from?

rupture

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
damn dude not to discount your own awesome results but I think your bro-in-law might have gotten better results. impressive !

ToLGuy

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Damn it. How is this even possible? Everyone on this forum has been winning about the lack of effective treatments for regrowth or even maintenance in 2018, especially complaining about how useless science has been in finding a damn solution..... And now this dermarolling thing has started to draw attention, even though it has been there, overlooked for years.... Hell this is shocking. Worst case scenario is that these two cases are unusual hyper responders, although the couple of studies conducted so far has proven the method to be satisfactory on a broader case.
The most important question here is: Are these impressive regrowth results permanent over time (assuming weekly dermarolling for life of course)? or it is going to be like minoxidil, in which there is regrowth at the start of the treatment and after the first year everything goes to sh*t again.
I guess more long term studies need to be undertaken to answer this question, and also we need more anecdotal evidence of people doing these for a year and beyond.

kiwi666

My Regimen
Reaction score
Damn it. How is this even possible? Everyone on this forum has been winning about the lack of effective treatments for regrowth or even maintenance in 2018, especially complaining about how useless science has been in finding a damn solution..... And now this dermarolling thing has started to draw attention, even though it has been there, overlooked for years.... Hell this is shocking. Worst case scenario is that these two cases are unusual hyper responders, although the couple of studies conducted so far has proven the method to be satisfactory on a broader case.
The most important question here is: Are these impressive regrowth results permanent over time (assuming weekly dermarolling for life of course)? or it is going to be like minoxidil, in which there is regrowth at the start of the treatment and after the first year everything goes to sh*t again.
I guess more long term studies need to be undertaken to answer this question, and also we need more anecdotal evidence of people doing these for a year and beyond.

There’s only one way to find out bro...

justlol@you

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Damn it. How is this even possible? Everyone on this forum has been winning about the lack of effective treatments for regrowth or even maintenance in 2018, especially complaining about how useless science has been in finding a damn solution..... And now this dermarolling thing has started to draw attention, even though it has been there, overlooked for years.... Hell this is shocking

adherence adherence adherence

you can have the best treatment modality in the world it means nothing if people don't adhere to it. Caloric restriction is proven by metabolic ward studies to induce weight loss in 100% of people yet we still have an obesity epidemic. Dr Kempner proved over 50 years ago that a diet of white rice and sugar/fruit juice reverses type 2 diabetes (similar findings have been repeated in the past 30 years with a much less bland plant/starch based diets), but fat c**** would rather shoot insulin everyday if it means they can continue eating mcdonalds.

Like I said in my previous post in this thread, this community had a "community trial" for dermarolling... only ONE guy stuck with it. You can lead a horse to water....

furrydome

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
now this dermarolling thing has started to draw attention, even though it has been there, overlooked for years

It hasn't been overlooked. People who regrow tend to GTFO of here. Who really wants to show pics anyway?

There are lots of things that work, with science to back them up, but you'll have to dig to find them. A lot of the best discussions happened years ago and some stuff was deleted.

Maybe if we had a private forum for people who want to experiment with everything and document all their results... one that isn't ultra-exclusive and ban happy. hint?

HairCook

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
https://www.docdroid.net/MOV3ZCA/101007-at-s00266-018-1248-1.pdf

Here are also some nice results on temples on old lads with female pattern hair loss. Ignore the prp part, endogenous growth factors is what you already get from wounding.

You want real growth factor cocktails (fgf9. egf), PGE2 (pray that some stable, affordable 15-PGDH inhibitor for topical use comes around) or wnt agonists (licl, vpa, WAY, dkk1 inhibitors...) after wounding to enhance chances of neogenesis. Ofc this gonna be even greater once CRTH2 antagonists are going to be wideley available as crth2+pgd2/pgj2 inhibit neogenesis of hair follicles.

Sanchez1234

Experienced Member
Reaction score
https://www.docdroid.net/MOV3ZCA/101007-at-s00266-018-1248-1.pdf

Here are also some nice results on temples on old lads with female pattern hair loss. Ignore the prp part, endogenous growth factors is what you already get from wounding.

You want real growth factor cocktails (fgf9. egf), PGE2 (pray that some stable, affordable 15-PGDH inhibitor for topical use comes around) or wnt agonists (licl, vpa, WAY, dkk1 inhibitors...) after wounding to enhance chances of neogenesis. Ofc this gonna be even greater once CRTH2 antagonists are going to be wideley available as crth2+pgd2/pgj2 inhibit neogenesis of hair follicles.
When do you think CRTH2 antagonists will be widely available?

HairCook

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
When do you think CRTH2 antagonists will be widely available?

Fevi 2020/2021. They currently plan 2020, but I imagine that the roll-out with marketing etc gonna take a bit longer.

hairloss_user

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Could we still get hair transplants if you do this long term though? Just wondering how this will effect it.

justlol@you

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Could we still get hair transplants if you do this long term though? Just wondering how this will effect it.

there is nothing here that would effect a transplant. Of course, you probably shouldn't do it after a transplant, at least for a few months. You wouldn't want to or need to anyway - the transplant process itself already induces massive wounding (and I believe is both overlooked and responsible for at least some of the final results)

bigjimmy

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I started using my pen at 2mm this morning, it's not that uncomfortable at all, I had some slight redness and little blood.

It feels like a mild case of sunburn on your scalp afterwards.

ToLGuy

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Like I said in my previous post in this thread, this community had a "community trial" for dermarolling... only ONE guy stuck with it. You can lead a horse to water....
I had no idea that there was such a trial here. It is weird that ONLY ONE guy stuck with it. We are not talking about an every damn day routine here. We are taking about 15 minutes of dermarolling ONCE a week. Are people that lazy? Or is this thing way too painful that people give up early?
Did the guy that stuck with it get insane regrowth like the guy we've been discussing in this thread?

badgenetics1

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
There was a pretty massive thread on dermarolling about 5 years ago. Then some idiot posted a picture of themselves after a dermarolling session and it was incredibly graphic...an extreme amount of blood. Thread was shut down promptly afte that.

There was a lot of motivation back then and there were a fair number of people who tried it (myself included). Anecdotally, I did the once per week dermaroll session with 1.5mm needles for about 4 months and my crown was almost completely filled in by the end. Before starting I had significant crown loss.

Hard to say that all the regrowth I experienced came from dermarolling since I had started both Finasteride and Minoxidil a few months prior, but based on others’ experiences I don’t think I would have experienced the regrowth I did without needling / wounding. I haven’t dermarolled in almost 5 years but have continued Finasteride and Minoxidil and have maintained my hair. If my regrowth was at least in part due to dermarolling, Finasteride has helped keep those regrown hairs intact.