Update On Prostaglandin Protocol. Officially An Alternative To Finasteride And Minoxidil.

HairSuit

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Did you dermaroll? Thats very important for regrowth.
I did roll. I have since switched to the derminator for better results. I was not looking for regrowth from Seti, however. Was hoping for maintenance. If my hair has stayed where it was, I would have been happy as a clam. Unfortunately not the case. Of course that’s assuming that the stuff from Lyphar and Zhe Chem was legit. I would assume it was.

HairSuit

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Just for the record, switching Seti for finasteride doesn't = Prostaglandin Protocol.
Correct me if I’m wrong..... this was based on Seti, dermarolling, and some form of growth agent like PGE2 or minoxidil, correct? If that is the case and I have been doing Seti, rolling and minoxidil since Feb of this past year, I can definitively say I have lost ground on my hairline and that this has not maintained, let alone regrown, but maybe I am missing something.

layabout

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Ok, so OP's regimen comes out to around/about $4,471 yearly.

200.gif

And not even close to having anywhere near enough density so it looks like he isn't very obviously balding. Like, OP, I'm glad there's some visible progress, but like... to everyone outside... you're still a balding guy. I don't see any life improvement whatsoever looking at the those pics.

You could have gotten a high quality 2500+ graft transplant in Turkey and been close to 75% recovered at this point with that amount of money and you would be able to present s thick hairline, dense front of hair to the world.

just lol

brohawk

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Correct me if I’m wrong..... this was based on Seti, dermarolling, and some form of growth agent like PGE2 or minoxidil, correct? If that is the case and I have been doing Seti, rolling and minoxidil since Feb of this past year, I can definitively say I have lost ground on my hairline and that this has not maintained, let alone regrown, but maybe I am missing something.
It was based on dht down (finasteride, dutasteride, ru, cb, etc), pgd2 down (seti, sulfa, etc), pge2 up (real pge2, sulfa, uvb, etc), and wounding + wnt up (licl, vpa, way-316606, etc). Basically everything known at the time from Follica, Kythera and Cots' studies rolled into a diy regimen by Swiss and others.

Westonci jumped ahead by skipping the use of an AA, testing Kythera's hypothesis that pgd2 is the culprit of hair loss, not dht, as have you. And while that is still in trials, Cots has said before that some may not be responders to solely blocking pgd2, which could be the issue for you too.

Further, there are conflicting studies on minoxidil re: whether it increases pge2 or pge1, and its other effects, good or bad, on hair, so it was never actually included in the regimen.

Hoping for just maintenance on the regimen you took is certainly logical enough though, and I'm sorry to hear that it didn't work out for you. I hope you didn't take that my previous post was to in any way correct you, but rather to clarify to everyone following this thread as things got pretty murky between all the posts. To reiterate, full pg protocol was devised for regrowth, and technically did not entail replacing seti for finasteride, though theoretically it is/was a possibility. Hope that makes sense.

hz123456

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I see little if any difference. Even in photos suggesting you have gains (minimal as they are), I'm noting change of camera and decreased lighting as compared to the original photos.

I think you did an incredible job documenting your journey, but I really don't think this method is working :/

HairSuit

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It was based on dht down (finasteride, dutasteride, ru, cb, etc), pgd2 down (seti, sulfa, etc), pge2 up (real pge2, sulfa, uvb, etc), and wounding + wnt up (licl, vpa, way-316606, etc). Basically everything known at the time from Follica, Kythera and Cots' studies rolled into a diy regimen by Swiss and others.

Westonci jumped ahead by skipping the use of an AA, testing Kythera's hypothesis that pgd2 is the culprit of hair loss, not dht, as have you. And while that is still in trials, Cots has said before that some may not be responders to solely blocking pgd2, which could be the issue for you too.

Further, there are conflicting studies on minoxidil re: whether it increases pge2 or pge1, and its other effects, good or bad, on hair, so it was never actually included in the regimen.

Hoping for just maintenance on the regimen you took is certainly logical enough though, and I'm sorry to hear that it didn't work out for you. I hope you didn't take that my previous post was to in any way correct you, but rather to clarify to everyone following this thread as things got pretty murky between all the posts. To reiterate, full pg protocol was devised for regrowth, and technically did not entail replacing seti for finasteride, though theoretically it is/was a possibility. Hope that makes sense.
Absolutely. I get that. For me the hope of this thread was that possibility of maintenance without the need for finasteride. For Seti as an alternative. I got stung bad with PFS after 15 years on finasteride. Unfortunately, the maintenance was not be had. Again, this may work for others, but it didn’t for me.

Kagaho

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
@westonci highly likely your results are from dermastamping for the most part. I would keep doing that if I were you.

Seti and the other stuff is useless crap, sorry if I sound a bit harsh. Setipiprant its worthless for Androgenetic Alopecia, thats why Alergan drop it, pretty sure you already know this.

My advice: Buy an electric dermastamp and go 1.5 or 2 mm 2 times per month at least and use minoxidil 2 times a day. Much simpler than your regimen.

westonci

Experienced Member
Reaction score
@westonci highly likely your results are from dermastamping for the most part. I would keep doing that if I were you.

Seti and the other stuff is useless crap, sorry if I sound a bit harsh. Setipiprant its worthless for Androgenetic Alopecia, thats why Alergan drop it, pretty sure you already know this.

My advice: Buy an electric dermastamp and go 1.5 or 2 mm 2 times per month at least and use minoxidil 2 times a day. Much simpler than your regimen.

That is my hunch as well. Got most of my results when I started PGE2+microneedling.

I was too scared to drop seti so I wasnt sure how much the seti was helping.

yayapapaya

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
That is my hunch as well. Got most of my results when I started PGE2+microneedling.

PGE2 did nothing for me as far as I could tell. Only using seti+wounding+LiCl now. Was losing ground on minoxidil fast, switched to seti recently and gaining everything back quickly.

HairSuit

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
PGE2 did nothing for me as far as I could tell. Only using seti+wounding+LiCl now. Was losing ground on minoxidil fast, switched to seti recently and gaining everything back quickly.
You’re using it topically, right?

Seuxin

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Some interresting to have now some feedback about seti...And yeah i agree about the fact westonci maybe get most of results with pge2 and dermaroller, but i'm pretty sure minoxidil in high dose with dermaroller could do the same !

dietcoke1987

My Regimen
Reaction score

Westonci you said before somewhere regarding PGE2 something about 5 minutes. I was hoping you could clarify. Was it that you have to mix it in water fresh before applying it everytime because after 5 minutes it degrades. Or did you mean that it just has a short half life and only lasts for around 5 minutes in the scalp after applied? I'm just wondering if it's ok to mix it into another topical like stemox that has ethanol in it or a cream, or say a DMSO solution. Because mixing it fresh each time is a pain to measure and all that but good to know if that's what has to be done.

yayapapaya

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Where did you get your seti from? I got mine from Kane and have been using it topically too in stemox, it hasn't done me any luck
same source is westonci im guessing - private forum. Every time someone says they got it from Kane, they always say it didnt do anything. I think i'd rather try my luck with alibaba than him if i were to buy elsewhere.

RU serious

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Some interresting to have now some feedback about seti...And yeah i agree about the fact westonci maybe get most of results with pge2 and dermaroller, but i'm pretty sure minoxidil in high dose with dermaroller could do the same !

IIRC he said he got his regrowth from PGE2, but setipiprant was his only 'maintenance' treatment and he was on it from day 1 whereas the others were introduced later. He at the very least maintained baseline after 2 years and that has to be down to setipiprant. I took setipiprant for 1 year at 1G a day (with nothing else) I maintained at least 80% of baseline which is significant considering the rate of my hair loss, I quit because it is simply too expensive and too much uncertainty around shipment delivery/purity, as well as the dose probably being too low anyway. You could be right about dermarolling+minoxidil possibly producing better results, it would be really interesting to see those two used in conjunction with high dose setipiprant.

HairSuit

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
IIRC he said he got his regrowth from PGE2, but setipiprant was his only 'maintenance' treatment and he was on it from day 1 whereas the others were introduced later. He at the very least maintained baseline after 2 years and that has to be down to setipiprant. I took setipiprant for 1 year at 1G a day (with nothing else) I maintained at least 80% of baseline which is significant considering the rate of my hair loss, I quit because it is simply too expensive and too much uncertainty around shipment delivery/purity, as well as the dose probably being too low anyway. You could be right about dermarolling+minoxidil possibly producing better results, it would be really interesting to see those two used in conjunction with high dose setipiprant.
I’ve been doing it. At 1.8-1.9g a day Seti. Still lost ground. Again, that’s just me, but..... take it for whatever it’s worth.