Update: Follica's Presentation At The 2017 Aad Meeting

Swoop

My Regimen
Reaction score
Cotsarelis is joke. Although I respect him for the work he has put in. Highly erroneous, at times a clown.

Favorite quote by Cotsarelis:

"US $2 million would bring out a product that would be more effective than Minoxidil and Propecia but would not give a bald person a full head of hair. US $20 million will provide the kind of funding necessary to give someone who is already bald a full head of hair but it will take more years to accomplish".

Washenik is full clown.

washenik.jpg

Murrican research at work.

Asia will rise. In fact LET Asia rise. I'll gladly deliver my money to there.

Follica is led by the directors of Puretech anyway since the recapitalization in 2013.

Bottom line don't expect sh*t from Follica. They will lean on minoxidil mostly, says enough.

Last edited:

mr_robot

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Oh, but they have! Trentinoin increases minoxidil's absorption which in combination once daily produces an
equivalent efficacy rate to standard minoxidil twice daily. What is noteworthy about that finding is one of the authors of the study, Ohsang Kwon, has worked with Cotsarelis in the lab.

Tretinoin would have to once a day anyway, at night, because it greatly increases the skins sensitivity to UV. Tretinoin is also a PGD2 inhibitor in that the PTGDS enzyme that converts PGH2 to PGD2 is also a retinoid transporter.

Baldybald1

Established Member
Reaction score
Now I believe you swoop, it's dermapen and minoxidil. The reason why most people did not get results by doing it at home is the needle penetration I think or because we may need to throw 15% minoxidil to the whole treatment

nameless

Banned
Reaction score
Follica says "range of compounds" with an "s" which means more than one compound. Minoxidil is just ONE compound. This seems to indicate that even if minoxidil is involved there should be at least one more compound involved too.

Last edited:

br1

Reaction score
Follica says "range of compounds" which means more than one compound. Minoxidil is just ONE compound. This seems to indicate that even if minoxidil is involved there should be at least one more compound involved too.

The other could be water and zinc.

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
Follica says "range of compounds" which means more than one compound. Minoxidil is just ONE compound. This seems to indicate that even if minoxidil is involved there should be at least one more compound involved too.

Of course there will be other compounds. You can't just mark minoxidil up by 1,000%, and expect people to buy it without adding a few other cool sounding things.Which one it's the active ingredient though? Minoxidil may be the only one to have a significant impact. Like swoop said, it's all marketing. They say they don't have their final compund figured out yet, but they already have their packaging ready. That tells me they're creating a product around the sales pitch. They saw that wounding improves Minoxidil's efficacy, and set out to find a way to profit on that.

DrizzyD

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
If all this is is skin penetration with minoxidil then what the actual f*** is taking so long, and why the f*** are they so secretive. If that's all this is then these scientists should retire or blow their damn brains out.

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah, a few trolls on Twitter are going to make them say, "you're onto us", and then cancel the product.

coolio

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
What part of "Follica creates some new terminal hairs" is confusing to you guys?

We have zero better options.
We have zero other options that are equal to it, or even close.
We have zero other options that will arrive as soon as it will.
We have zero other options that will be so affordable & low-risk.

If Follica's likely results were coming from a more exotic drug/operation they would be getting a more optimistic response from the baldness community. It's not the end of our problem, and it's not what we hoped it might be when it got started . . . it's just the best new treatment to emerge since before many of us were born.

mr_robot

Experienced Member
Reaction score
If Follica's likely results were coming from a more exotic drug/operation they would be getting a more optimistic response from the baldness community. It's not the end of our problem, and it's not what we hoped it might be when it got started . . . it's just the best new treatment to emerge since before many of us were born.

As they have not released any of their own studies or been any clinical trials, I'd take anything they say with a pinch of salt. Too many people projecting their hope for a cure for something better than finasteride/minoxidil.

Of course there will be other compounds. You can't just mark minoxidil up by 1,000%, and expect people to buy it without adding a few other cool sounding things.Which one it's the active ingredient though? Minoxidil may be the only one to have a significant impact. Like swoop said, it's all marketing. They say they don't have their final compund figured out yet, but they already have their packaging ready. That tells me they're creating a product around the sales pitch. They saw that wounding improves Minoxidil's efficacy, and set out to find a way to profit on that.

It could just be minoxidil and they would sell it, hell there is that well known "hair loss centre" in London selling 15% minoxidil and finasteride at ridiculous markups.

champpy

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Oh, but they have! Trentinoin increases minoxidil's absorption which in combination once daily produces an
equivalent efficacy rate to standard minoxidil twice daily. What is noteworthy about that finding is one of the authors of the study, Ohsang Kwon, has worked with Cotsarelis in the lab.

Follica describes their at-home treatment system as a "range of compounds". Either that range is combined
into one applied twice daily (morning sun-orange, evening moon-blue) or there are two separate formulas:
Follica.jpg

or as the dispenser mock-up suggests, multiple nozzles:
Follica2.jpg

'hard to believe in though, Dr. Cots.
Screen_Shot_2017_03_23_at_8_57_08_AM.png

hard. to. be. lieve. in.

Looking at that calendar with the blue and orange drops I can't help but wonder if the blue is the days you're supposed to apply the compound and the orange signifies when you've actually done it.
Also it could be at the Orange drop signifies day and the blue one signifies night.
I find it interesting but the minoxidil is not applied daily though

RobinZain

My Regimen
Reaction score
Guys wtf did you do when you saw your hair fall off like f*****g flakes right in front of your eyes? I can't take this. I have a lot of hair on my head but I don't think it i going to last more than 6 months before everyone knows I am balding. f*** Brotzu, I thought that would prevent my balding and i would n't have to worry. f*** the direction in which my hairloss is going.

shivers20

Established Member
Reaction score
First visit to the clinic is to punch holes into your scalp and apply a egfr inhibitor or some other drug that needs to be applied by a professional in the correct and safe amount, the rest of the days you are applying minoxidil?

NorwoodGuardian

Established Member
Reaction score
Don't you guys feel a little bit excited? With the package and the detail leaked out, I think it's commercialization is just a matter of time. Although it may be using minoxidil which is at this moment a speculation, it claims it can have neogenesis. If that's true then we can pop the champagbe, if it's only better than finasteride+minoxidil, still good as it can give us maintenance plus one to twp norwood and bridges us to 2020.