Update: Follica's Presentation At The 2017 Aad Meeting

Trouse

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It doesn't really bridge us to 2020 if it comes out mid-way thru 2019. If Follica was definitely launching within 12 months I'd be excited, but we have no clue about their timeframe and even the treatment's efficacy is a mystery.

Agent

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Why is it that ppl think they'll have a new product 2020? There is NO guarantee that the japanese will have a treatment ready by that time or even succed with their research. If Tsuj is ready by 2020 it could still be very long before any of us will be able to buy it.

Last edited:

hairblues

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Don't you guys feel a little bit excited? With the package and the detail leaked out, I think it's commercialization is just a matter of time. Although it may be using minoxidil which is at this moment a speculation, it claims it can have neogenesis. If that's true then we can pop the champagbe, if it's only better than finasteride+minoxidil, still good as it can give us maintenance plus one to twp norwood and bridges us to 2020.

I was thinking that today I was looking at website...why would they do a website if they would not get approval soon? AND not looking for investors?

I think it's going to be like a year but to me that is not that far off to grow new hair follicles. Im saying this for myself my own hair and progress..i can wait a year eve two.

I know for people further along its got to be hard to wait for something like this. Time tics by.

coolio

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Why is it that ppl think they'll have a new product 2020? There is NO guarantee that the japanese will have a treatment ready by that time or even succed with their research. If Tsuj is ready by 2020 it could still be very long before any of us will be able to buy it.

This.

If Follica was posting the same results up to now, but doing it after a decade of steady press coverage & using their own new drug, the baldness community would be thrilled.

It creates some new terminal hairs and thickens existing areas.
The hairs will look normal. No funny direction, no lack of color, etc.
It's getting very near the market now.
It's almost surely safe.
It's probably compoundable if you give it a period of years to accumulate.
It probably won't even cost much.
It's less invasive than a transplant or many other of the potent multiplication ideas.

We should be f*cking happy about this.

br1

Reaction score
"probably", "maybe", "should".

Yeah.. super happy and excited about it..

Grasshüpfer

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Guys wtf did you do when you saw your hair fall off like f*****g flakes right in front of your eyes? I can't take this. I have a lot of hair on my head but I don't think it i going to last more than 6 months before everyone knows I am balding. f*** Brotzu, I thought that would prevent my balding and i would n't have to worry. f*** the direction in which my hairloss is going.

finasteride? Ru58441?

If I get a lung infection in winter I'm going to die, unless I take antibiotics.

Follisket

Established Member
Reaction score
Can we just stop comparing side effects like limp rubbery dicks and suicidal tendencies to f*****g headaches?

This is a hair loss forum, I'm pretty sure the people who come here are aware finasteride exists and have either explored that option already or rejected it - not without grounds.

It's true, there's little else to try but we don't have to be dicks about it (especially given it's the new research, studies and technologies section). The lack of alternatives doesn't make it an obvious solution. I mean, would we be condescendingly telling people to just cut their balls off if it wasn't for finasteride? (Not that there's much difference, necessarily)

Last edited:

baldingAF

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
http://puretechhealth.com/programs.php#follica

This is pure techs page about follica and RAIN and the first sentace says it does t just improve existing hair but also creates new ones. So even those at any level of thinning can go in.

They're still trying to get a trial in before release right? Or is it just them looking to get their medical device approved by FDA then train dermatologists?

That Guy

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
http://puretechhealth.com/programs.php#follica

This is pure techs page about follica and RAIN and the first sentace says it does t just improve existing hair but also creates new ones. So even those at any level of thinning can go in.

They're still trying to get a trial in before release right? Or is it just them looking to get their medical device approved by FDA then train dermatologists?

That's exactly what is says on Follica's site.

Anyway, the trial they hope to begin soon is the "pivotal" trial. It's the big kahuna of trials for safety and efficacy. Pass it with flying colours and you can get yourself FDA approved.

br1

Reaction score
That's exactly what is says on Follica's site.

Anyway, the trial they hope to begin soon is the "pivotal" trial. It's the big kahuna of trials for safety and efficacy. Pass it with flying colours and you can get yourself FDA approved.

So, how many decades away from the market?

Royaume

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Very interesting news from HLC2020 about Follica's treatment

Copied from HLC2020 (Steves Comment)

"Hey Admin,

I’ve stumbled across something amazing. I was doing a bit of digging around Follica’s potential treatment (I went through a load of patents). It boils down to this – Laser skin perturbation followed by an aplication of Lithium Gluconate (8% w/v). The at home topical compound will include a BMP-inhibitor (they namecheck Dorsomorphin), a WNT modulator, and an EGFR inhibitor.

I didn’t really think that much about the EGFR inhibitor at first, but as I was reading something became quite apparent. The names! The drugs listed in the patents include:

Canertinib
Vandetanib
Pelitinib
Various other with XX-yyy code names

Notice the “nib” ending to these names? All of these drugs are Tyrosine Kinase inhibitors! What makes this interesting is that a Janus Kinase is just a type of Tyrosine Kinase!

This is exciting for all sorts of reasons –

1) Gives strong evidence that Dr Christiano is correct about kinase inhibitors
2) Shows that Follica is much more than the “dermarolling plus minoxidil” nonsense you read on some of the forums
3) We could have access to kinase inhibitors way before Aclaris are done
4) Follica could now potentially be the company to prove your prediction correct!"

Furthermore someone found out that Dr. Neal Walker (President and CEO of Aclaris) is also on the board of directors in follica.

Huge news if you think about the potential power of JAK inhibitors in
connection with follicas laser skin disruption.

baldingAF

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
That's a solid find on his part. In most aspects from the believed cyclosporine a method of helping hair loss (nfatc1) to BMP inhibitors you always find a mention of STAT/JAK pathway being involved but I was always put off by its relation to the androgen aspect. For sure gonna look more into these listed compounds

Swoop

My Regimen
Reaction score
HLC is a terrible site if you want to get educated and get as close to the "truth" as possible. It's a blue pilled site. You step into unicorn land if you read there. Great site if you want to feed on your hope though.

If you want to swallow the red pill I advise you too engage in other sources of information and use your own brain and discuss it with people who do the same.

Furthermore someone found out that Dr. Neal Walker (President and CEO of Aclaris) is also on the board of directors in follica.

Is that a good thing, that he is involved in both? It surely gives food for thought for the people who like to fly to the sky and dream away.

Meanwhile I literally dominated Neal Walker. He relied on observations of a rodent model while I relied on observations of actual humans. Few weeks later studies come out which prove that I was right and Neal Walked was wrong.

A nobody like me dominating a CEO like that. It doesn't even move me, but it is somewhat comical.

butler

My Regimen
Reaction score
Before writing this did you at least read the comment or look at the link to the patent thy was posted?

Infinti24

My Regimen
Reaction score
Swoop I'm pretty sure you said JAK inhibitors would never work for Androgenetic Alopecia. Hasn't been proven yet but signs are starting to point in the right direction at least. Not sure why you're so quick to shoot it down.