Update: Follica's Presentation At The 2017 Aad Meeting

Grasshüpfer

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
so close to your brain.

There's the skull in between. I don't think a superficial infection can cross it.

I have no medical knowledge whatsoever thought.

br1

Reaction score
There's the skull in between. I don't think a superficial infection can cross it.

I have no medical knowledge whatsoever thought.
I believe you would feel it (the infection) locally first..

I have been dermarolling (light, 0.5mm needles, no blood) once a week for a while now. I think it helps.

Swoop

My Regimen
Reaction score
I have understood that you maintain with finasteride and RU periodically. When on RU - is there
any reason why you don't already dissolve it in minoxidil?

I have used RU in combination with minoxidil (dissolved in Kirkland minoxidil). I have used minoxidil in high amounts actually. It worked great. But I simply opted for a minimum maintenance treatment at one point. The regimen I had was simply nuclear and not sustainable for a long amount of time.

But eventually when I have to bump up my regimen a bit I can always do obviously, for instance by adding minoxidil again. But I'll do it in a normal way and won't go overboard unless necessary.

RegenWaiting

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
@hairblues

I believe those people having success, and it doesn't really come as a surprise given the amount of evidence we now have on the topic of wounding and also financial backing behind this mechanism.

I'm happy for you and hope your success is sustained and results even improve over time. You've got a good point about the dilemma of newer (unproven) treatments, and the balance of benefits versus downsides. With existing (proven) treatments one can at least create an image for one self and decide if the risks are outweighted by the benefits. Still, an easy approach with dose-titrating is what I personally would prefer.

Swoop also scratched the dilemma of how good an approach to treating Androgenetic Alopecia can be and that it's highly individual of how high level of dedication is really worth it. That's why he's probably chosen a minimalistic approach. Again, downsides<benefits.

In the end, many people (including me), will find a very time-consuming regimen as confining and prison-making as the problem itself. Therefore I really hope and believe that Follica can both optimize and streamline this mechanism which clearly is efficacious. If they achieve this, it would i.m.o. be a huge accomplishment. Because, let's face it; we are not all willing to go the ''kitchen-sink'' way.

That said, I respect most wiews on Androgenetic Alopecia as a decease and it's clear we are all differently affected. For someone it may be perceived as worse than cancer and they'd be willing to try about anything to solve the negative effects of losing hair. On the other hand, there are others for whom it's not a ''dealbreaker''.

:)

Last edited:

kiwipilu

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
@hairblues as long as you use your very own dermaroller(for obvious reasons) (preferably not made in china but a trust seller), you do it on a clean washed scalp, you rinse it with hot water after(to remove dandruffs/sebum,..) and you plunge it in at least a alchol 70% /distilled water solution before and after during at least 15min. I don’t see the "risks"? The goal is to make the skin red(erythema), not bloody., Another obvious point is to change dermaroller every 6months(Well that’s what I do). I have been using dermaroller for a while(1mm) I have never seen any problem, and my blood tests are always fine ; )

coolio

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
We have to weigh the pros & cons of using 46 treatments at once because we don't have one single treatment that is worth a sh*t. The cost/benefit ratio of doing ANYTHING about baldness is PATHETIC for most guys up to now.

I'm not trying to rant but it's the simple truth of the matter. If a legitimate regrowing treatment came out then none of us would be using these existing treatments ever again.

RobinZain

My Regimen
Reaction score
I have been lurking and sometimes commenting for more than a year now, it is the same old sh*t though, 'Something is coming in a year'. Now I know why the veterans on this site don't get excited easily. f*** us new guys going all hilly billy. We are all going to be bald fucks. Damn, I can't believe I will be called 'That bald guy'.

thomps1523

Established Member
Reaction score
I have been lurking and sometimes commenting for more than a year now, it is the same old sh*t though, 'Something is coming in a year'. Now I know why the veterans on this site don't get excited easily. f*** us new guys going all hilly billy. We are all going to be bald fucks. Damn, I can't believe I will be called 'That bald guy'.

I've been on this site for over 10 years, and I'm extremely excited for this...

thomps1523

Established Member
Reaction score
Well, you are bald already then. And has it ever been different than something is coming?

I'm sitting at an nw3, and nothing has come since propecia and minoxidil so this is huge in my eyes. This is actually coming, in the past it has just been a hope that things hit the market.

That Guy

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm sitting at an nw3, and nothing has come since propecia and minoxidil so this is huge in my eyes. This is actually coming, in the past it has just been a hope that things hit the market.

When something is in Phase III you're still going to get "LOLz it's never coming"

When its Phase III is completed, you'll hear "Lol like I said, it's never coming, you pussies."

When it's 2 months away from being released, they'll say "2 months? More like 20 years."

When it's on the market, you'll either get excuses as to why it's "ineffective" and they can't/won't do it or you'll see them at the clinic.

mikes23

Reaction score
do you have to use a certain cream or anti-disinfecting after derma rolling?i tried it once on my scar and it wasn't to bad hoping to use it to lessen the color of my scars, but also use it all over my head. was wondering if any thing needs to be applied afterwards or the needles are not going to deep where it doesn't matter. also does It matter if you leave it out in the air or should you put it a bag after using?

@Swoop do you feel derma rolling will help slow down hairloss. say you were going to bald in 6 months, do you believe it will slow it down to where you would bald per say in 12 months or 18 months? I got to get back on regimen and i'm trying to attack this from multiply angles. trying to get my RU from anagenic, and will add min and stemoxydine. want to try these treatments before going back to finasteride. But if this regimen can buy me another 2-3 years ill be happy. After that if there is no sign of a cure or a better treatment in 3 years I might just give up on all treatments. don't want to mess with all of these drugs for to long.

mikes23

Reaction score
@pegasus2 yeah I understand the whole mode of Ru and yeah I just placed my order at anageninc. I did pop finasteride on Friday and may take another .50 mg tonight but once the Ru comes in ill stop. i'm just trying to avoid taking to much of these drugs. I like el dutasteride's approach where he hits hairloss from multiple angles so he can take less of RU, while getting the same effective. btw are you on RU? if so, how is it going?
and yeah I believe something will be here in the next five years. the way 3d printing is moving I think something will be in trials by then. or at least a better growth promoter.

I still want to know if we have to use any type of cream after derma rolling or are you fine to just shower?