Tsuji Riken Hair Primordiums - Final 20 Questions

That Guy

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Think about it this way...the interview was planned to be released last weekend. Been more than a week since and we are all still holding our breath(nothing against the Admin or Ryken, they did the best they could). Now imagine meeting a deadline for commercializing a cutting edge medical procedure. 2020 would be f*cking amazing but let's try and temper our expectations for the release date.
Not being negative here, just realistic.

Because an interview's timeline is totally comparable and of equal priority to actual medical research.

barfacan

Experienced Member
Reaction score
This is exactly what happens when you have business affairs with the Japanese. Delays, change of heart, last minute backing out, etc. It's a part of their business culture.

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
My Regimen
Reaction score
UPDATE:

Sorry I should've known saying a question was removed would cause curiosity. Wasn't intended. It was question 13. In that question there was a study referenced. Its possible that Japanese politeness and meekness came into play, but I am only speculating. During the answering of the question, the individual who answered expressed some dissatisfaction with the way the study was conducted. Its possible that upon reviewing the audio, they felt that it was inappropriate to criticize the other study, and that this would be impolite. The reason given was that the answer he gave was also incredibly complicated, and the translation was not sufficiently conveying what they wanted to say. They told me that instead of risking a misunderstanding, they would prefer that the question be removed.

I gave @Swoop the question and the answer privately to review it for me, because I'm a suspicious person like all of you :rolleyes: . I wanted to be sure there wasn't anything in their answer that may have prompted their removal due to "Saying too much" or "Letting the cat out of the bag" (that sort of thing). He told me "Nah" ... it was basically an inert, not too relevant response, and there wasn't anything in it that really was that important to the interview as a whole anyways. Had he told me that their response contained pertinent information, I would've asked Organ Tech to let me at least include part of the answer.

The answer they gave was just an analysis of the study mentioned in the question, and his opinion of it.

--------

So update: The text version of the interview is finished and captioning of the video is going on right now. (10pm pacific USA time). He will be working through the night, and I hope that when I wake up, it will be done. If not, I am fairly certain you guys will have me dragged into the town square and publicly flogged.

I can't tell you all how much I appreciate your patience. What a perfect storm of unexpected, and crazy-long delays. Can't believe it. First Tsuji's week-or-two vacation, only to find that he isn't the one doing the interview anyway, followed by another week delay waiting for the interview, and once complete - yet another week delay for the review.

The edits they requested - by the way - were wording edits. We had used 'Hair primordiums' incorrectly and they wanted us to change several instances of that to "hair germs". None of the edits were scandalous in nature :)

Fingers crossed Im publishing this thing noon tomorrow.

When i wake up in the morning, I will tell you where the captioning is at, and an updated publishing time.

Admin

thomps1523

Established Member
Reaction score
This is exactly what happens when you have business affairs with the Japanese. Delays, change of heart, last minute backing out, etc. It's a part of their business culture.

I can attest to that, I have this issue time after time with my bulk orders for my business in several Asian markets... Seems to be how they operate, but I will say companies like riken are likely a little more professional, and may be more inclined to act the part.

Last edited:

monoid

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I can attest to that, I have this issue time after time with my bulk orders for my business in several Asian markets... Seems to be how they operate, but I will say companies like riken are likely a little more professional, and may be more inclined to act the part.
Riken is not a company. It is Japan's premier scientific research institution.

That Guy

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Riken is not a company. It is Japan's premier scientific research institution.

"Institution" is synonymous with "Company"

Riken is therefore a "company".

Blackber

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I know a lot of posts have been lost and this treatment is a long ways off. Instead of going back and forth assuming things about availability and pricing I think it'd be more constructive to talk about and possibly put together a list of reputable hair transplant surgeons in Japan - particularly any close to Riken's home base.

We all know the hair transplant surgeons with good reps in North America and Europe. I haven't heard of anyone speak about Japanese hair surgeons. Obviously that's probably due to the language barrier but I think it would be more constructive to talk about Japanese surgeons who have a good rep and may be a part of Riken's business model in the future.

H

Reaction score
I know a lot of posts have been lost and this treatment is a long ways off. Instead of going back and forth assuming things about availability and pricing I think it'd be more constructive to talk about and possibly put together a list of reputable hair hair transplant surgeons in Japan - particularly any close to Riken's home base.

We all know the hair hair transplant surgeons with good reps in North America and Europe. I haven't heard of anyone speak about Japanese hair surgeons. Obviously that's probably due to the language barrier but I think it would be more constructive to talk about Japanese surgeons who have a good rep and may be a part of Riken's business model in the future.
This proves to be difficult feat I've looked for surgeons in Kobe Japan but haven't found any concrete names.

FoucaultII

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I know a lot of posts have been lost and this treatment is a long ways off. Instead of going back and forth assuming things about availability and pricing I think it'd be more constructive to talk about and possibly put together a list of reputable hair hair transplant surgeons in Japan - particularly any close to Riken's home base.

We all know the hair hair transplant surgeons with good reps in North America and Europe. I haven't heard of anyone speak about Japanese hair surgeons. Obviously that's probably due to the language barrier but I think it would be more constructive to talk about Japanese surgeons who have a good rep and may be a part of Riken's business model in the future.
It's 4 years and sufficient epithelial cell amplification is still a joke.
So, I suggest we be just patient.

H

Reaction score
How is it still a joke? Didn't they say we are expecting to resolve this problem based on our latest research results
Don't question him Billy his answer would only confuse us just trust that he knows exactly what is going on at Riken cuz well he's him.

GoldenMane

My Regimen
Reaction score
This proves to be difficult feat I've looked for surgeons in Kobe Japan but haven't found any concrete names.
I've looked at a few, was contemplating getting a hair transplant in Japan but could t find any with impressive looking results galleries

That Guy

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I would expect once news of this thing's success breaks, hair transplant surgeons from other countries could very well relocate and I'm sure the Japanese government would welcome it.

The potential for everyone involved to make serious $ is high.

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
It's not exactly easy, or a quick process, to move to Japan. I don't forsee surgeons trying that when they just have to wait five years for it to come to them, and in the meantime they will stll have lots of hair transplant business.

thomps1523

Established Member
Reaction score
It's not exactly easy, or a quick process, to move to Japan. I don't forsee surgeons trying that when they just have to wait five years for it to come to them, and in the meantime they will stll have lots of hair transplant business.

If tsuji figures this out in the next year, and proves it to work effectively is that last statement true? Or will people be willing to wait 2 years for an unlimited donor supply rather than get a big fut scar, or thin out their donor area?

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
If tsuji figures this out in the next year, and proves it to work effectively is that last statement true? Or will people be willing to wait 2 years for an unlimited donor supply rather than get a big fut scar, or thin out their donor area?

It's more than likely going to be significantly more expensive, on top of requiring one or two trips halfway around the world. Add on to that the fact that people are impatient, and I don't think hair transplant surgeons are going to be too anxious to upend their practices and lives to make the transition a couple years sooner.

H

Reaction score
The way people make it sound itll take 12 years to get in the states...
It's more than likely going to be significantly more expensive, on top of requiring one or two trips halfway around the world. Add on to that the fact that people are impatient, and I don't think hair transplant surgeons are going to be too anxious to upend their practices and lives to make the transition a couple years sooner.