Tsuji Riken Hair Primordiums - Final 20 Questions

Baldybald1

Established Member
Reaction score
Yes! Thank you admin, Riken and translator for the interview and making this clear. Hope for good news in few days:))

H

Reaction score
Regenerative medicine is still on early stage of development and we still have to learn a lot more new things about stem cells and that takes years of research. It is not easy at all like we think.

Many new stem cell treatments failed to give good results about heart and brain attacks.
What are brain attacks?

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
My Regimen
Reaction score
UPDATE:

Translation was finished and text was going for captioning onto video tonight for completion tomorrow. I received an email from the CEO of Organ Technologies requesting a copy of the final English even though they have already been sent the final Japanese. I thought we were good to go. So I sent him the final English. Unfortunately I then received the following email from him:

(corrected for proper english)

"I have received everything. Please wait for us to fully check the english text. We know you want to publish quickly, but we want to have a week to confirm the content, because this week is "Respect-for-the-Elderly" week. It is a public holiday in Japan. Sorry, and please understand."

Admin

FoucaultII

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
The Respect-for-the-Aged Holiday is on the 19th, on Monday. How come it lasts a whole week? Dunno ...:confused:

Driftwood

Reaction score
I was given permission to tell you all this much from the interview at least:

Human trials to begin 2018. Commercial availability still on track for 2020.

Admin

This is GREAT news! Even better than I could have thought! Sign me up

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score

Admin

I'm going out tomorrow and buying a bottle of champagne. Anyone in Toronto wanna celebrate with me?

That Guy

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score

Admin

Shocked-Fan-After-Undertaker-Loss-to-Brock-Lesnar.gif

yep78

Reaction score
First of all, they have to prove that this treatment works on humans. They don’t know that yet. Mouse and humans are not same in most parts. We have already seen treatments that works on rats, but failed to give results on humans.

That's mainly for drug type therapies. This is more cell based, hence the confidence they have that there should be no major problems when switching to humans.

Baldybald1

Established Member
Reaction score
But how can they make such a claim about the availability in 2020 and they don't know if this is going to work on human!?!

FoucaultII

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
That's mainly for drug type therapies. This is more cell based, hence the confidence they have that there should be no major problems when switching to humans.
May you elaborate on this claim, please?

Tracksterderm

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Admin
Admin, you tease...

I am not sure why anyone thought different than they would say commercially available estimated for 2020. They did announce the same less than 3 months ago. And estimations might very well be pushed backwards, but since they are Japaneese, I will give them the benefit of the doubt

I am looking forward to read the interview and understand more about density, price, hair color, direction, hurdles they are facing and so on.