Tsuji Riken Hair Primordiums - Final 20 Questions

I.D WALKER

Reaction score
Being a female with diffuse hair loss (as I believe is the case with most women suffering from Androgenetic Alopecia), I, too, was wondering if this method would be an option for me. However, I think that question would be answered in Question #10: Who would probably NOT respond to this treatment?

This was my conclusion also Joan.
For better or for worse, perhaps Q.1O will preemptively counter or dispel the detrimental effects the false hope/ expectations historically plaguing fellow sufferers?
Anyone can probably easily guess what I'm secretly hoping their (Tsuji) answer will be. :)

Last edited:

lemoncloak

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Sorry for the constant barrage of comments lately but with all this DUPA talk sth dawned on me. I remembered reading that DP number and hair shaft thickness are directly correlated (some quick google fu for reference http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3621486/ ) apparently hair shaft thickness, texture and cycling depend on the number of DPs in the follicle - at least on mice anyway. Could it be that they can adjust the DP number per primordium to create thick hairs for everyone? Kyocera's new technology may have sth to do with that too? Anyone want to change a question to include DP number for DUPA?

Billy-D2016

Reaction score
Sorry for the constant barrage of comments lately but with all this DUPA talk sth dawned on me. I remembered reading that DP number and hair shaft thickness are directly correlated (some quick google fu for reference http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3621486/ ) apparently hair shaft thickness, texture and cycling depend on the number of DPs in the follicle - at least on mice anyway. Could it be that they can adjust the DP number per primordium to create thick hairs for everyone? Kyocera's new technology may have sth to do with that too? Anyone want to change a question to include DP number for DUPA?
Very Intresting!

lemoncloak

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'd like to know how the above is relevant to the questionnaire.
Oh it has to do with one of the poll questions that didn't go through. Some people were interested to have the question asked so I thought I'd share just in case. I still think FUE will probably be preferred by the doctors for this method. For collection not transplantation.

FoucaultII

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Tsuji-sama is a SCIENTIST, who has mainly focused on tissue regeneration (he doesn't wake up and goes to sleep always thinking about us, the baldsies, :) ).
From what we have been told, he has managed to induce hair generation on a bald mouse, after injecting primordia, created by the interaction of derma papilla and epithelial stem cells. That was 2012. Back then, there were several obstacles, which needed be overcome.
Up until now, we have been let know that some of them have, indeed, been overcome, which is some great news. Others we haven't been informed about, which means one of two things: either that those obstacles haven't been overcome yet or that they have, but they need be self-restrained, as nobody knows how it is going to work on humans.
I suppose we all know that human scalp hair is several levels higher on the tissue complexity scale than mouse fur.
Nonetheless, hearing the news that a BIG corporate firm has joined the team and that vague timelines have been set, even I, the troll, thought for a second that this was it, a Nw0 by my early thirties. Superb, right?
After a while, my enthusiasm abated and reality hit me; it always does. "It's too good to be true. I'm being too optimistic.", I thought and still do.
And, then, a couple of days ago, I read about the upcoming interview. I was thrilled. That was it. I would have the scientific-based answers I needed to consolidate my faith in Tsuji's deed.
But, no, people want to ask a scientist how much it will cost, when the final product will be released, how the hair is going to look like, etc, when it is pretty clear that IT HASN'T BEEN TESTED ON HUMANS YET, for Allah's sake. He's a scientist, not a prophet!
(I deleted the insulting part of my comment, but wish members know I used the most common Greek curse word against That Guy)
Admin, I suggest you postpone it until Swoop is available.
Peace ✌ out.
:cool:

Last edited:

Billy-D2016

Reaction score
Tsuji-sama is a SCIENTIST, who has mainly focused on tissue regeneration (he doesn't wake up and goes to sleep always thinking about us, the balsies, :) ).
From what we have been told, he has managed to induce hair generation on a bald mouse, after injecting primordia, created by the interaction of derma papilla and epithelial stem cells. That was 2012. Back then, there were several obstacles, which needed be overcome.
Up until now, we have been let know that some of them have, indeed, been overcome, which is some great news. Others we haven't been informed about, which means one of two things: either that those obstacles haven't been overcome yet or that they have, but they need be self-restrained, as nobody knows how it is going to work on humans.
I suppose we all know that human scalp hair is several levels higher on the tissue complexity scale than mouse fur.
Nonetheless, hearing the news that a BIG corporate firm has joined the team and that vague timelines have been set, even I, the troll, thought for a second that this was it, a Nw0 by my early thirties. Superb, right?
Then, my enthusiasm abated and reality hi
Well the problem in the past has always been cell culturing.
This all started off when Jahoda injected Dp cells into his wifes arm and it sprouted hair. However for a treatment to be viable, the dp cells have to be amplified and cultured so that 1 hair can give rise to a 1000 hairs.
When Intercytex tried this, it did not work as the dp cells lost gene expression when cultured. Aderans tried to solve this by creating 3D scaffolds that mimicked the usual environment of DP cells. However they failed aswell.
Finally Dr Tsuji has solved this problem by culturing the dp cells with epithelial cells and this has helped dp cells maintain gene expression as they are amplified... So in theory he has just overcome the biggest obstacle. This should work!

That Guy

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Tsuji-sama is a SCIENTIST, who has mainly focused on tissue regeneration (he doesn't wake up and goes to sleep always thinking about us, the baldsies, :) ).
After a while, my enthusiasm abated and reality hit me; it always does. "It's too good to be true. I'm being too optimistic.", I thought and still do.
And, then, a couple of days ago, I just read about the upcoming interview. I was thrilled. That was it. I would have the scientific-based answers I needed to consolidate my faith in Tsuji's deed.
But, no, people want to ask a scientist how much it will cost, when the final product will be released, how the hair is going to look like, etc, when it is pretty clear that IT HASN'T BEEN TESTED ON HUMANS YET, for Allah's sake. He's a scientist, not a prophet!
That Guy, I'm not a troll. I can tell you, though, what You are: A MALAKAS.
Sorry, Admin, but I had enough with him.
In addition, I suggest you postpone it until Swoop is available.
Peace ✌ out.
:cool:

I don't need to use Greek to cast insults - you're a shithead.

However, a shithead with a point in this post.

I do agree and think that the business questions may be best left for Kyocera. Tsuji is at the helm of the science, but it does seem apparent from the partnership and press release that Kyocera is dealing more with the business end of things. Tsuji may not have much knowledge or even say in what happens with the commercialization of the technology.

GoldenMane

My Regimen
Reaction score
Sorry to insist, but please ask for woman too... as not much is done for us ATM. Every new treatment (except for Histogen) seem to be dedicated to men... it's great for them and I know they are a lot, but we are more and more affected by Androgenetic Alopecia (maybe because of pills !) and it's not socially accepted for us.
It's pretty much a given that this should work on any type of allopecia where stable hair exists. So it should work for Androgenetic Alopecia in women too. Perhaps not Allopecia Universalis

MoMoney

Reaction score
I agree, Less questions on cost and more questions on detail and expectations of procedure.

The most important question to me is what kind of hair can we expect to have if we have slight thinning on back and sides and if he can make hair grow over a scar from a trasnplant. Will we have a hairline that is natural to the way we had it pre hair loss? and not like a transplanted hairline

Bill Sussman

My Regimen
Reaction score
if you scroll up a bit and see lemoncloaks reply he posts an interesting thing regarding the number of DP cells effecting thickness of the hair. Maybe that could be a solution for diffuse thinners, especially if we have a near unlimited supply.
But the thing is, Women with Androgenetic Alopecia often have a diffuse... :(

thomps1523

Established Member
Reaction score
I don't need to use Greek to cast insults - you're a shithead.

However, a shithead with a point in this post.

I do agree and think that the business questions may be best left for Kyocera. Tsuji is at the helm of the science, but it does seem apparent from the partnership and press release that Kyocera is dealing more with the business end of things. Tsuji may not have much knowledge or even say in what happens with the commercialization of the technology.

I agree! I had a question that made the cut with regards to getting a local punch, sending it to be cultured, then returned for injection, but like those previous have mentioned I think it is more important to speak science to the scientist rather than business. I am more than happy to trade the question I had for something that tells us if it will work, because if it doesn't, then my question is irrelevant. I think it would be a good idea to compose a list of strictly the science aspect of things so we can get an idea of the reality of this treatment. Once we get that settled maybe @Admin can schedule something with Kyocera to speak on the business side of it.

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Tsuji Interview Update:

Good news. I have heard from Dr. Tsuji and he has confirmed his willingness to conduct a phone interview. As my biggest concern was being limited to email, and getting very short responses, this is great news. He has also suggested something even better. He is going to put us in touch with the CEO of their company to address questions we may have about the commercialization and plans for publicly available use. (his words were: "for questions about the development of the therapy itself"). For questions related to basic research, he is going to bring on board a "core member of hair regeneration research team". He said that he wants to "arrange the person according to the type of question". This left me wondering if he himself would be answering any questions, so I replied asking about that.

Now we just need @Swoop to finish the list, and I will schedule the call with them.

Admin