Tsuji Riken Hair Primordiums - Final 20 Questions

Grasshüpfer

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I am more than happy to trade the question I had for something that tells us if it will work, because if it doesn't, then my question is irrelevant. @Admin can schedule something with Kyocera to speak on the business side of it.

Not to dampen the enthusiasm here too much. But Dr. Tsuji doesn't know yet if it will work. They think it will work, that's why they want to test it on humans in two years.

So we won't get a definitive answer. We can just ask for the problems they found and encountered so far and build an opinion based on that.

But yeah, I'm stoked, too. :)

Baldybald1

Established Member
Reaction score
But why tsuji is so free giving away info that easy while the rest of the researchers are very secretive and work under the radar?

Dnpuntold

Reaction score
I'm so hyped ,I feel as if this needs more media coverage but I guess that will happen in time if he delivers

thomps1523

Established Member
Reaction score
But why tsuji is so free giving away info that easy while the rest of the researchers are very secretive and work under the radar?

Maybe it is easier for him considering he is now financially backed and it would be difficult for anyone to steal his work and get ahead of him

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Update on Tsuji Interview:

Tsuji has confirmed it will be a conference call with all parties he mentioned in the previous email. So that should be helpful. He did not reply as to whether he will be in the conference call himself however. That might indicate "no". A lot of these companies have begun adopting policies that any public-facing comments need to be carefully screened and spoken only be designated parties. Due to liability and "who knows" what other reasons. So maybe he's got to delegate the question-answering to the CEO and others. Or maybe he'll be on the call as well.

Estimated Timeline:

Completed Today: Swoop is both collecting the questions, and rewriting them in an "open-ended" fashion so that they encourage conversation, rather than short replies.

Compl Wed: Questions will be sent to our Science Writer who is fluent in Japanese. She will translate them into Japanese.

Compl Fri - Mon: Tsuji team will review the questions and prepare answers.

Compl Fri - Mon: Sending Tsuji's team a list of available dates and times for a conference. They will pick one and get back to us.

Phone Interview: Between Mon and Fri next week.

24-48 Hrs Post Interview: Translation from Japanese Audio to English Text.

72 Hrs Post Interview: Interview Published on the site.

Based on this extremely conservative timeline I am expecting to publish on Sept 19th. Sorry. I know. But interviews like this have a ton of work involved. HOWEVER: This is very conservative so that nobody feels stressed about miss deadlines. Its very possible all parts of this process will move much faster, and I'll be able to publish it much much sooner.

I promise to push for an aggressive timeline from all parties.

The plus side is that we've now got 3 people ready to answer questions of all types. So we can probably knock out many more questions, and have a much more fruitful batch of new information.

Admin

That Guy

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
The wait is killin' me, but I know it's going to be worth it!

Honestly, if researchers are working "under the radar" it tends to be a bad sign. Respectable scientists aren't really in it for themselves; they aim to make new discoveries that will better our lives and are open to others making improvements on their research. That is why any credible scientific data is published in a peer-reviewed journal like Nature or something. Businesses like Kyocera, on the other hand, are all about patents; they want to make money and secure exclusive rights to new tech as soon as they can.

This is one of the reasons everyone is so pumped about Tsuji: his team is quite transparent in their work. He has several published entries detailing the process, complete with pictures, charts, graphs and even video. If he were not to see his research through to completion, the information is there for all eyes.

Don't expect Kyocera to spill too many beans about the actual products they're developing and patenting, though.

I.D WALKER

Reaction score
Update:

Monday 4:30pm PDT USA: Questions have been fully reworded and sent off for translation.

Hello Admin.,
Again a big thanks to you and your collaborative team (Swoop, Translator),
for all your fluid and transparent updates and your apparent commitment to expeditiously
making what was until only recently a dream, actually materialize.

Looking forward to the conference interview transcripts in a couple weeks.
Towards the closing questions, if you are comfortable, maybe try to schedule a second interview follow-up ( approx. 8-12 months) in advance.
Best of luck!

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
My Regimen
Reaction score
if you are comfortable, maybe try to schedule a second interview follow-up ( approx. 8-12 months) in advance.

Good idea. Will do. I am feeling very thankful at the positive reaction we are getting from everyone in the research scene. They really are opening up. There is more communication to come from another team in the coming weeks as well.

Admin

Last edited:

Tomtom21

Established Member
Reaction score
Much appreciated admin! Hopefully you get ahold of samumed bc i would love to know what theyve been up to! Also dont forget to follow up with histogen as they should announce some sort of progress with mexico and/or china some time this month as per your interview with gail and eileen!

Roberto_72

My Regimen
Reaction score
Great job @Admin! I have a feeling this is going to be a very satisfactory turn of events!