Tocotrienol\Toco-8

zeroes

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I didn't notice crown loss 6 months ago, it wasn't even a thought in my head. I only started becoming concern Feb this year.

My scalp hair is thin and has decreased in density. Hairdressers have said I have really fine\thin hair, and these where hairdressers from +10 years ago. I was never concern about it back than because I had so much of it.

douglasmich

Established Member
Reaction score
i never noticed mine because i never used another mirror for the back of my head, now i do everyday to style

please make a before and after for the 6 months and now when you get a haircut

zeroes

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I've being taking weekly pics since mid March. You should see my Picasa album, I have about 100 pics. The problem with most of them is I used the front camera which is of lower quality. I am now using the rear camera as well which is of much higher quality.

I took a bunch of pics last night, and will be taking a bunch more today after I get my hair buzzed.

When I used to get my hair cut, I always get the back squared of so I always ask to see it, I never noticed my crown lose until late last year, didn't think much of it at first, only got concern the 2nd time I had a hair cut as it became bigger.

zeroes

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Grrrr barber is closed. Time to call in a favor, I hope she comes through.

zeroes

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Buzz complete. Went to #1 all around. I'm not planning to buzz again for a couple of months.

Probably no different than when I went #2 a month ago. I'll take that as a win.

Douglas, if it helps the girl that buzzed my hair said it looked thick before she buzzed it down, but said she noticed it was thinner after she buzzed it down. I didn't ask her what she thought of my scalp hair now compared to the last time she cut it, which was 10-15 years ago.

Attachments

• 20120513_155140.jpg
    20120513_155140.jpg
    161.6 KB · Views: 219

douglasmich

Established Member
Reaction score
nice!

upload a pic of yours buzzed as far back as possible!

i would say the toco is helping, i want to buzz my head but i will get sh*t for it at school cause i will look retarded

zeroes

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Douglas, if it helps the girl that buzzed my hair said it looked thick before she buzzed it down, but said she noticed it was thinner after she buzzed it down. I didn't ask her what she thought of my scalp hair now compared to the last time she cut it, which was 10-15 years ago. <- repeating just in case you missed it.

At school you will probably get sh*t for buzzing, however I didn't get any sh*t last time I buzzed at work, I doubt I will get any again and I have gone even shorter this time. Once you finish school people tend to mature and are more rapped up in their own lives to care about others.

Attached one further back, my camera is quite close to the en-suite down lights.

8mp with flash on:

http://i.imgur.com/dvrZg.jpg

None of these are going into my Picasa album, I will be taking ones for my album once it gets dark.

Attachments

• 20120513_161557.jpg
    20120513_161557.jpg
    193.6 KB · Views: 235

zeroes

Experienced Member
Reaction score
It looks better when its left longer.

My hair also seemed thicker when it was longer.

It's still early days. Big positive if it's worst it isn't by much and the loss has decreased in acceleration.

Diamond Dave

Established Member
Reaction score
douglasmich said:
keep hope, we have our own private toco 8 study
:punk: Hey guys...long time lurker who has tried everything out there including the kitchen sink.

I just started Tocomin SupraBio tocotrienols this week. I think tocotrienols could be the answer for guys like me with a ton of miniaturized hair on their head that need the kick in the @ss to stimulate them.

I am responding well to the topical I've been using for several months now. As far as I know I am the first one to use this product for male pattern baldness. Its available everywhere including stores like Walmart/Target, etc. It contains coconut oil and castor oil. Its dirt cheap and I simply apply it before bed time. Zero side effects.

So count me in on the Tocotrienols study... :bravo:

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Malignant murine melanoma (BL6-F10) cells convert arachidonic acid primarily to PGD2, PGF2alpha, PGE2, PGI2 in descending order of magnitude. Supplementation with 1-10 microg/ml vitamin E succinate resulted in a significant (P < or = 0.05) decrease in PGD2 levels at vitamin concentrations of 3, 5, 7 and 10 microg/ml respectively, while PGF2alpha levels were significantly decreased at 1, 3, 5 (P < or = 0.05), 7 and 10 microg/ml (P < or = 0.01) vitamin E succinate. BL6-F10 cells supplemented with 7 and 10 microg/ml vitamin E succinate showed a marked increase in PGE2 levels with a significant increase occurring at 10 microg/ml (P < or = 0.025). PGI2 levels followed a similar trend to PGE2 with a significant increase (P < or = 0.05) occurring at 10 microg/ml.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/9223656

squeegee

Banned
Reaction score
2020 said:
Malignant murine melanoma (BL6-F10) cells convert arachidonic acid primarily to PGD2, PGF2alpha, PGE2, PGI2 in descending order of magnitude. Supplementation with 1-10 microg/ml vitamin E succinate resulted in a significant (P < or = 0.05) decrease in PGD2 levels at vitamin concentrations of 3, 5, 7 and 10 microg/ml respectively, while PGF2alpha levels were significantly decreased at 1, 3, 5 (P < or = 0.05), 7 and 10 microg/ml (P < or = 0.01) vitamin E succinate. BL6-F10 cells supplemented with 7 and 10 microg/ml vitamin E succinate showed a marked increase in PGE2 levels with a significant increase occurring at 10 microg/ml (P < or = 0.025). PGI2 levels followed a similar trend to PGE2 with a significant increase (P < or = 0.05) occurring at 10 microg/ml.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/9223656

Good find 2020! :punk:

squeegee

Banned
Reaction score
Tocotrienol-rich fraction of palm oil exhibits anti-inflammatory property by suppressing the expression of inflammatory mediators in human monocytic cells.
Wu SJ, Liu PL, Ng LT.
Source

Department of Health and Nutrition, Chia-Nan University of Pharmacy and Science, Tainan, Taiwan.
Erratum in

Mol Nutr Food Res. 2009 Feb;53(2):309.

Abstract

Tocotrienol-rich fraction (TRF) of palm oil has been shown to possess potent antioxidant, anticancer, and cholesterol lowering activities. In this study, our aim was to examine the effects of TRF on LPS-induced inflammatory response through measuring the production of inflammatory mediators, namely nitric oxide (NO), prostaglandin E(2) (PGE(2)), inducible nitric oxide synthase (iNOS), cytokines (TNF-alpha, IL-4, and IL-8), cyclooxygenase-1 and -2 (COX-1 and COX-2), and nuclear factor-kappaB (NF-kappaB) in human monocytic (THP-1) cells. At concentrations 0.5-5.0 microg/mL, TRF dose-dependently protected against LPS-induced cell death. At same concentrations, TRF also showed potent anti-inflammatory activity as demonstrated by a dose-dependent inhibition of LPS (1 microg/mL)-induced release of NO and PGE(2), and a significant decrease in the transcription of proinflammatory cytokines. TRF at 1.0 microg/mL significantly blocked the LPS induction of iNOS and COX-2 expression, but not COX-1. This anti-inflammatory activity was further supported by the inhibition of NF-kappaB expression. These results conclude that TRF possesses potent anti-inflammatory activity, and its mechanism of action could be through the inhibition of iNOS and COX-2 production, as well as NF-kappaB expression.

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Results from their official study:

aevTi.png

yCANw.png

ccsdA.png

Subject 7: +149% increase in hair count! :punk: :punk: :punk:

Experienced Member
Reaction score
squeegee said:
These results conclude that TRF possesses potent anti-inflammatory activity, and its mechanism of action could be through the inhibition of iNOS and COX-2

toco-8 inhibitis COX-2? :woot: :woot: :woot:

zeroes

Experienced Member
Reaction score
According to new finding cox-2 and pgd2 are evil, toco and vit-e reduces both.

This is my opinion on what 2020 and squeegee are saying.

Toco is suppose to be safe wonder if we can turn it into a topical? perhaps if we over load our body with Toco and vit-e orally and come up with a topical it could help.

zeroes

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Fan Halen said:
douglasmich said:
keep hope, we have our own private toco 8 study
:punk: Hey guys...long time lurker who has tried everything out there including the kitchen sink.

I just started Tocomin SupraBio tocotrienols this week. I think tocotrienols could be the answer for guys like me with a ton of miniaturized hair on their head that need the kick in the @ss to stimulate them.

I am responding well to the topical I've been using for several months now. As far as I know I am the first one to use this product for male pattern baldness. Its available everywhere including stores like Walmart/Target, etc. It contains coconut oil and castor oil. Its dirt cheap and I simply apply it before bed time. Zero side effects.

So count me in on the Tocotrienols study... :bravo:

Welcome aboard, I think it's great you are using SupraBio like in the study. Keep us updated.

What norwood level are you at?