Tocotrienol\Toco-8

zeroes

Experienced Member
Reaction score
There is a huge thread on The Bald Truth forum, at Au$30 a month I am going to give it a go. It's a 3rd of the price of finasteride here and last an extra month, and without any sides.

I'm not expecting anything, but it should hopefully give me extra energy and improve my cholesterol levels.

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Toco-8 is like super Vitamin E.

From what we know, Vitamin E is known to reduce the number of androgen receptors in the prostate. If it could do the same to the scalp then that would help your hair.
Also, since the recent buzz about how PGD2 is causing hair loss, there was some study that found that Vitamin E can actually REDUCE PGD2 levels and that might also help your hair.

Jacob

Reaction score
Oh I'm sure I could find someone who's said they've grown hair from toco's. :woot:

The Natural

Established Member
Reaction score
Fueling Testosterone and Preventing Hair Loss with Tocotrienols

Eugene, OR (PRWEB) February 15, 2008 -- Hair loss (alopecia) and low testosterone (hypogonadism) have become common problems for middle aged men. The two most popular treatments for hair loss are finasteride (Proscar/Propecia) or the topical drug minoxidil (Rogain). Patient compliance with minoxidil therapy is generally a problem, while finesteride is often associated with undesirable side-effects. By overly suppressing DHT, finasteride can lead to erectile dysfunction, gynecomastia and general impotence.

Men with low testosterone often deal with the suboptimal lifestyle, or seek the traditional hypogonadal treatment of Testosterone Replacement Therapy (TRT). However, TRT is often associated with increased hair loss, thus requiring the need for aforementioned prescription hair loss drugs. This creates a negative cycle, and further reliance on prescription medication.

Recently, the natural ingredient manufacturer Carotech obtained a US patent (7,211,247) for the hair loss prevention, and hair regrowth benefits of a mixed tocotrienol complex. For this patent, a randomized, double blind, placebo-controlled study was performed. The participants supplementing with 100mg of the tocotrienol complex had an average 42 percent increase in hair count after 5 months, with no side-effects reported. The mechanism of action appears to be unrelated to DHT levels. It's been reported that the tocotrienols may protect and replenish the hair follicle by their potent antioxidant ability.

Research with animals and humans show that tocotrienols can support testosterone production by increasing production of luteinizing hormone (LH) from the brain. LH is the hormone that signals testosterone production from the male testes. Tocotrienols have also been found to increase testicular sensitivity the effects of LH, thus increasing the testosterone response from LH.