Tocotrienol\Toco-8

zeroes

Experienced Member
Reaction score
The Natural said:
Also, I think that it's worth repeating that Toco-8 has been around for years gentlemen. And during this time, I have never experienced or read of anyone in any of these forums stopping their hair loss with Toco-8.

Ever.

The study was conducted 3 years ago for hair growth, before than I can only assumed it was marketed for gym supplements.

On it's own, it's not likely to work for many. One of the users on The Bald Truth forum claimed it helped his, but he is also using Saw Palmetto.

zeroes

Experienced Member
Reaction score
douglasmich said:
nizoral is perfect when you leave it on for 3 minutes, zero scalp itch

It didn't work for me, itching continued. I don't think I have dandruff anyway. Next time I see my GP I will double check.

douglasmich

Established Member
Reaction score
it gave me itching when i left it on for 5 minutes

i swear my hair is thickening at the front!! my third week on toco 8

i have faith stil havnt used minoxidil

douglasmich

Established Member
Reaction score
I hope toco 8 does something for hair and its not a complete scam!

remeber the placebo effect ;) ;)

if i get diognosed with male pattern baldness il probs use minoxidil once a night on my crown because thats where its the worst thinned

When i wash with nizoral the day after my thinning is pretty much unoticable, but if i part and mess my hair up it looks like im nearly bald

Sparky4444

Reaction score
douglasmich said:

remeber the placebo effect ;) ;)

if i get diognosed with male pattern baldness il probs use minoxidil once a night on my crown because thats where its the worst thinned

When i wash with nizoral the day after my thinning is pretty much unoticable, but if i part and mess my hair up it looks like im nearly bald

Another thing to help with itching is to use epsom salts...What I do is I have a cup in the shower and I put about a tablespoon or more into the cup fill it partially with warm water and mix with your fingers until dissolved -- then put the shower on cold water (move to the side!) and fill the rest of the cup...then tilt your head back and let the cool epsom salted water run over your scalp..you can repeat this but pour it on your crown and let it fall down...

...do this after you use nizoral...you can even mix a little epsom salt in with the nizoral and then lather -- you'll really feel your hair thicken up after..

...also, to get this crap right into your scalp, get a derm-a-roller and needle your scalp before going into the shower -- the keto will really get in better...those needle rollers really do help with scalp absorption

Sparky4444

Reaction score
douglasmich said:

This stuff isn't really targeting male pattern baldness, it's targeting your overall cardiovascular health...Essentially, you need to buy a years supply and just take it everyday with your other vitamin's as part of an overall health regime...in fact, a person should just take it every day for the rest of their lives if they aren't getting this kind of Vitamin E from natural sources...

rwhairlosstalk

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Zeroes
Thanks so much. Really appreciate that. But you know what, I really wonder if you have male pattern baldness. And if you don't, what has or hasn't helped you likely won't affect me. Reason why I wonder, male pattern baldness doesn't make you lose just 50-100 hairs when you are not using anything. And ESPECIALLY when you are in the shower. On a regular day I can lose 200-400 hairs when I'm not using anything in 1 day. No meds no supplements no nothing, yeah lots of hair shedding. And don't mention it if I shower. To many hairs.

Then next I don't know a person WITH male pattern baldness where nizoral doesn't help. It's critical. One of the big 3. I tried using 2 of the big 3 leaving out nizoral and I shedded something awful.

So you may not have male pattern baldness.

zeroes said:
rwhairlosstalk said:
Yeah i'm like some of the others. All the studies are good yeah yeah yeah but

HAS THIS REDUCED ANYONE'S SHEDDING OR PROVIDED REGROWTH? IF SO PLEASE SHARE YOUR STORY OR POKE SOMEONE ELSE TO SHARE THEIR STORY.

That is the bottom line.

My shedding dropped by a huge amount. One thing to note I never paid attention to shedding prior to around Feb this year, but when I did I was shedding what seemed like 50-100 hairs every shower.

I started 20mg Citalopram (anti-depressant, my issues are 99% not related to hair why I started it) on 20120326, benefits to hair likely nothing and I had tons of fun with sides for 2-4 weeks. Can't wait for more fun when I can get off them in hopefully a few months. Regardless I am not going to exclude it from the story.

I completely dropped nizoral 2% on 20120405 after using it for 12 or so months. Did nothing for me, reduced dandruff if it was that at the time tops. I reckon I have psoriasis not dandruff anyway.

I started the following on 20120414: Toco8, one cap of Ginkgo Brahmi and 2 caps of Nurofen (was taking it for hip and knee inflammation) in the morning.

On 20120418 I noticed my hair shedding decreased to what appeared like 10-20 hairs.

Since than I have dropped Nurofen, but my hips have flared up so undecided if I should start it again. I have started taking one cap of Curcumin and Aged Garlic Extract as well.

I have had the odd days where I have shed badly.

douglasmich

Established Member
Reaction score
well im 16 and have diffuse thinning, at the mark of the horse shoe area and under its thick as hell! and curly, where on top its straighter!

trying toco 8 for 5 months

zeroes

Experienced Member
Reaction score
rwhairlosstalk said:
Zeroes
Thanks so much. Really appreciate that. But you know what, I really wonder if you have male pattern baldness. And if you don't, what has or hasn't helped you likely won't affect me. Reason why I wonder, male pattern baldness doesn't make you lose just 50-100 hairs when you are not using anything. And ESPECIALLY when you are in the shower. On a regular day I can lose 200-400 hairs when I'm not using anything in 1 day. No meds no supplements no nothing, yeah lots of hair shedding. And don't mention it if I shower. To many hairs.

Then next I don't know a person WITH male pattern baldness where nizoral doesn't help. It's critical. One of the big 3. I tried using 2 of the big 3 leaving out nizoral and I shedded something awful.

So you may not have male pattern baldness.

zeroes said:
rwhairlosstalk said:
Yeah i'm like some of the others. All the studies are good yeah yeah yeah but

HAS THIS REDUCED ANYONE'S SHEDDING OR PROVIDED REGROWTH? IF SO PLEASE SHARE YOUR STORY OR POKE SOMEONE ELSE TO SHARE THEIR STORY.

That is the bottom line.

My shedding dropped by a huge amount. One thing to note I never paid attention to shedding prior to around Feb this year, but when I did I was shedding what seemed like 50-100 hairs every shower.

I started 20mg Citalopram (anti-depressant, my issues are 99% not related to hair why I started it) on 20120326, benefits to hair likely nothing and I had tons of fun with sides for 2-4 weeks. Can't wait for more fun when I can get off them in hopefully a few months. Regardless I am not going to exclude it from the story.

I completely dropped nizoral 2% on 20120405 after using it for 12 or so months. Did nothing for me, reduced dandruff if it was that at the time tops. I reckon I have psoriasis not dandruff anyway.

I started the following on 20120414: Toco8, one cap of Ginkgo Brahmi and 2 caps of Nurofen (was taking it for hip and knee inflammation) in the morning.

On 20120418 I noticed my hair shedding decreased to what appeared like 10-20 hairs.

Since than I have dropped Nurofen, but my hips have flared up so undecided if I should start it again. I have started taking one cap of Curcumin and Aged Garlic Extract as well.

I have had the odd days where I have shed badly.

Go back a couple of pages I have pics that show's I have male pattern baldness. What works for me may not work for yourself, especially since your female.

I have temple loss, crown loss and diffuse thinning over the scalp. Also my dad and his dad both have/had male pattern baldness. My hair for the horseshoe area is rock solid.

I have also said multiple times that if i have any improvement its probably down to dropping nizoral. Maybe my shedding decreased drastically dropping nizoral, but i doubt it.

It might be because I have really sensitive skin, I am also not the only person that thinks nizoral may have hurt their hair. We might be a small percentage of users though. I may have missed used nizoral. I was using 2%, twice a week. For the most part. I wouldn't use any other shampoo for the week and I would only use conditioner the next day.

It's possible that Toco8 with Ginkgo Brahmi helped reduce my shedding.

zeroes

Experienced Member
Reaction score
It apparently boost test. It's really a performance product marketed for gym users. I wouldn't worry about the test boost.

douglasmich

Established Member
Reaction score
yeah im fine with that, Lots of people say supps are only meant for a dificency but toco 8 works for test and hair growth??

I really hope it does SOMETHING

zeroes

Experienced Member
Reaction score
If you don't think it's working or not happy to take it drop it for now. There is a few of us using it. Looking at your last set of photo's you don't seem to have lost any more ground and that was pre-toco8.

douglasmich

Established Member
Reaction score
im gonna keep it for 3 months,

My hair is getting a little harder to style, (could be a good sign as my hair is becoming curly on top again!)

not sure but i wear a hat eveyday now

rwhairlosstalk

Experienced Member
Reaction score
It boosts Testosterone? Oh that's not good. I believe that is what DIM does and I tried DIM twice and twice it took me through a shed like no other.

So if this boosts test. then I don't need to buy it.

zeroes

Experienced Member
Reaction score
douglasmich said:
im gonna keep it for 3 months,

My hair is getting a little harder to style, (could be a good sign as my hair is becoming curly on top again!)

not sure but i wear a hat eveyday now

I presume you're still in high school?

I know it's hard and I can't understand since I never had male pattern baldness at your age, but do not let this ruin your life.

douglasmich

Established Member
Reaction score
yeah im in highschool

i shoudnt be thinning i should be receding in my 20"s thats my genetics!

its not notciable ATM but if it is it may get be really down

I dont wanna use minoxidil than find out it would have thickend on its own

Hairline still holding, maybe just maturing

Hopefully back to the doctor in a few weeks

If i legit was balding i guess i would buzz it down and wait it out then get a scalp tatto

Sparky4444

Reaction score
douglasmich said:
yeah im in highschool

i shoudnt be thinning i should be receding in my 20"s thats my genetics!

its not notciable ATM but if it is it may get be really down

I dont wanna use minoxidil than find out it would have thickend on its own

Hairline still holding, maybe just maturing

Hopefully back to the doctor in a few weeks

If i legit was balding i guess i would buzz it down and wait it out then get a scalp tatto

Dude...if you keep creating "what-ifs" in your head, you're going to drive yourself crazy...Me and a few other guys thought we were losing our hair when we were 17 and in the end, I didn't start to get to the noticeable stage until I was in my early 30's...You just don't know what may happen -- you may lose a bit and then it may stop...There are guys who get to a certain point and then they just don't lose anymore..you see it all the time...

...3 months on Toco won't do you any good...Buy 8 months worth and just use it as part of your health regime...It's not going to give you any results in 3 months...The studies even say that it took at least 8 months...

...In the meantime, keep active, eat right and maybe also take a good B-complex vitamin... -- use nizoral (maybe Nioxin as well) with that epsom salt trick I showed you...You can also take epsom salt baths with 4 cups of the stuff and soak your head in there as well to help with itching and inflammation..works like a hot damn...

zeroes

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Don't do the scalp tattoo you will likely end up regretting it later in life. They will also likely smudge and fade.