Tocotrienol\Toco-8

douglasmich

Established Member
Reaction score
was the study even on male pattern baldness?

crazy scalp itch red scalp today!!!! :(

gonna hit nizoral tonight only for 3 mins though,

not shore if hair is thickening or not, but i swear to god the frontal area is thick as hell now

douglasmich

Established Member
Reaction score
lefit nizoral on for 4 mintues then conditioned with head and shoulders

scalp isnt too bad, hopefully no itch tommoz

i reckon toco 8 is helping your zeros

is this PGd2 stuff inflamation, i dont understand

Experienced Member
Reaction score
jonson said:
How much mg they took in the study?

All volunteers were randomized to receive one capsule comprising either (i) a mixture of tocotrienols and alpha-tocopheral, or (ii) a placebo, twice daily after food over a period of at least 5 months. They were seen for an efficacy evaluation every month throughout the study. The control was a placebo capsule containing 600 mg of soya bean oil, and the tocotrienol formulation consisted of capsules containing a mixture of about 50 mg of tocotrienols and about 23 i.u. alpha-tocopherol. The entire study took 15 months for completion.

one serving of toco-8 contains about 100 mg of tocotrienols and 30 mg of alpha-toco-pherol. 23 I.U = ~15mg. Double of everything that was used in the study :whistle:

Experienced Member
Reaction score
It doesn't mention male pattern baldness, just Alopecia in general...

Volunteers of 15 years of age or older and in good general health were recruited into the study. Alopecia must have present for least 2 months and the areas alopecia must not have any visual evidence of new hair growth. Volunteers previously exposed to minoxidil were ineligible to participate in the study, as were patients who have used hair-restorers or systemic drugs like steroids, antihypertensives, cytotoxic compounds, vasodilators, anticonvulsant drugs, ?-blockers, spironolactone, cimetidine, ketoconazole, estrogens or progesterons within the previous three months. Patients experiencing hair loss due to thyroid disease, adverse drug reactions, scalp or hair trauma, structural hair shaft abnormalities and lichen planus were excluded from the study.

abcdefg

Reaction score
This stuff does nothing for hair its a supplement the company can claim anything they want and believe me a small study can be biased to turn out results in your favor so tons of guys losing hair will spend money on it. If not for the hair loss claim it would be another pointless supplement combination to throw onto the pile. Supplements are way overrated in the claims they make.
They had 17 people in their official study? That is really small sample size. How do we know the hair increases were not from them using nizoral or propecia at the same time they took this crap? I dont think this stuff does anything and you guys are stupid for buying into the hype.

abcdefg

Reaction score
The Natural said:
Kirby said:
Taking a prescription medicine doesn't make one a "drug addict". :roll:

"Kirby," is it? Taking a prescription medicine has the potential to make one a lot of things including (but not limited to): addicted, impotent, and enlarged in the breast area (gynecomastia).

I, for one, would rather not :shakehead: be . But, by all means, you may.

The amount of cases of gyno were like barely statistically significant I mean it was like 1 in a thousand or something which could easily be from just natural causes because a lot of the guys were older in the merk studies. Taking all those natural supplements could easily do the same thing to you if they were powerful to do anything at all at a super high dose. As usual from the natural people they talk but no evidence anything works.
Natural supplements generally are safe and cause no sides because they actually dont do anything for hair loss. I mean its like eating an apple yeah its good for you with no sides, but thats because its not helping you with your problem that is why a drug was invented.

zeroes

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I think you will find Toco is marketed towards gym junkies.

Abcd what do you suggest we do stick to the big 3 that over the long term will lose it's effectiveness?

We are actually doing the community a favour by experimenting. If it doesn't work it means nothing to you, you haven't lost money or time.

zeroes

Experienced Member
Reaction score
douglasmich said:
lefit nizoral on for 4 mintues then conditioned with head and shoulders

scalp isnt too bad, hopefully no itch tommoz

i reckon toco 8 is helping your zeros

is this PGd2 stuff inflamation, i dont understand

If i have any improvements i am only willing to associate it with droppingNiz at this stage. My crown only thinned out during nizoral usage and my skin is sensitive. If the rest of my scalp shows regrowth that will be a different story.

My shedding has decreased but i am now wondering how bad my shedding was pre nizoral. Im pretty confident it has slowed down my shedding.

abcdefg

Reaction score
zeroes said:
I think you will find Toco is marketed towards gym junkies.

Abcd what do you suggest we do stick to the big 3 that over the long term will lose it's effectiveness?

We are actually doing the community a favour by experimenting. If it doesn't work it means nothing to you, you haven't lost money or time.

True yeah sorry I mean its no harm to anyone trying it. Maybe it does work for some people by some unknown method. Its atleast good for your if nothing else.

Diamond Dave

Established Member
Reaction score
zeroes said:
Welcome aboard, I think it's great you are using SupraBio like in the study. Keep us updated.

What norwood level are you at?
I'll definitely keep the updates coming for those interested.

I have over all diffuse thinning with tons of miniaturized hairs all over top of my head from my topical. Hoping the combination of my topical and the tocotrienols will put me in the fast lane.

The Natural

Established Member
Reaction score
abcdefg said:
The amount of cases of gyno were like barely statistically significant I mean it was like 1 in a thousand or something which could easily be from just natural causes because a lot of the guys were older in the merk studies. Taking all those natural supplements could easily do the same thing to you if they were powerful to do anything at all at a super high dose. As usual from the natural people they talk but no evidence anything works.
Natural supplements generally are safe and cause no sides because they actually dont do anything for hair loss. I mean its like eating an apple yeah its good for you with no sides, but thats because its not helping you with your problem that is why a drug was invented.

abc, why must you troll this section of the forum with nothing but ignorant hunches and assumptions.

Every couple of days or so, a drug user musters up the courage to share his horror story with members here: Loss of libido or some such. Merck will now include a warning on its packages as to the potential for side effects. And when you consider the long term effects of using this drug, you should be asking yourself: Is it worth it?

Is maintaining your hair (temporarily) worth this risk to your health.

For the most part, and I have stated this on a number of occasions, natural supplementation can reduce scalp inflammation, dandruff, and hair loss. Some users have also reported regrowth (admittedly, not with same success rate as drugs). Extracts are used. Until you learn and understand the difference between an apple v. apple peel extract, you should just be quiet.

The Natural

Established Member
Reaction score
Also, I think that it's worth repeating that Toco-8 has been around for years gentlemen. And during this time, I have never experienced or read of anyone in any of these forums stopping their hair loss with Toco-8.

Ever.

I have come to the conclusion that if financially feasible, an FUE might be one's best course of action. Then, use natural supplements to maintain the rest. With all the money that I've spent over the years on supplements, I would've had a nice transplant by now :) . I will definitely consider this surgical option in the near future. I mean, the work done for patients at some of these hair transplant clinics looks extremely natural.

Experienced Member
Reaction score
The Natural said:
Also, I think that it's worth repeating that Toco-8 has been around for years gentlemen. And during this time, I have never experienced or read of anyone in any of these forums stopping their hair loss with Toco-8.

Ever.

I have come to the conclusion that if financially feasible, an FUE might be one's best course of action. Then, use natural supplements to maintain the rest. With all the money that I've spent over the years on supplements, I would've had a nice transplant by now :) . I will definitely consider this surgical option in the near future. I mean, the work done for patients at some of these hair transplant clinics looks extremely natural.

you calling yourself a natural and you're promoting a surgical operation?

The Natural

Established Member
Reaction score
2020 said:
you calling yourself a natural and you're promoting a surgical operation?

Think of it as your natural hair just "relocating" to another area of your scalp.

rwhairlosstalk

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Yeah i'm like some of the others. All the studies are good yeah yeah yeah but

HAS THIS REDUCED ANYONE'S SHEDDING OR PROVIDED REGROWTH? IF SO PLEASE SHARE YOUR STORY OR POKE SOMEONE ELSE TO SHARE THEIR STORY.

That is the bottom line.

douglasmich

Established Member
Reaction score
16 year old cant have FUE

people on gym forums claimed thickening

It gives me rand boners lol

Scalp feels better

zeroes

Experienced Member
Reaction score
rwhairlosstalk said:
Yeah i'm like some of the others. All the studies are good yeah yeah yeah but

HAS THIS REDUCED ANYONE'S SHEDDING OR PROVIDED REGROWTH? IF SO PLEASE SHARE YOUR STORY OR POKE SOMEONE ELSE TO SHARE THEIR STORY.

That is the bottom line.

My shedding dropped by a huge amount. One thing to note I never paid attention to shedding prior to around Feb this year, but when I did I was shedding what seemed like 50-100 hairs every shower.

I started 20mg Citalopram (anti-depressant, my issues are 99% not related to hair why I started it) on 20120326, benefits to hair likely nothing and I had tons of fun with sides for 2-4 weeks. Can't wait for more fun when I can get off them in hopefully a few months. Regardless I am not going to exclude it from the story.

I completely dropped nizoral 2% on 20120405 after using it for 12 or so months. Did nothing for me, reduced dandruff if it was that at the time tops. I reckon I have psoriasis not dandruff anyway.

I started the following on 20120414: Toco8, one cap of Ginkgo Brahmi and 2 caps of Nurofen (was taking it for hip and knee inflammation) in the morning.

On 20120418 I noticed my hair shedding decreased to what appeared like 10-20 hairs.

Since than I have dropped Nurofen, but my hips have flared up so undecided if I should start it again. I have started taking one cap of Curcumin and Aged Garlic Extract as well.

I have had the odd days where I have shed badly.