Tocotrienol\Toco-8

inferno

Reaction score
Natural how did you find aged garlic to be a subsitute for resveratrol? Also did you get any negative effects from resveratrol? (joint pain) Thanks.

douglasmich

Established Member
Reaction score
what do you think of

flax seed, pumkin seed, nettle root extract and multi vitamins for hairloss

happy to maintain and thicken up, still thinking about minoxidil

The Natural

Established Member
Reaction score
inferno said:
Natural how did you find aged garlic to be a subsitute for resveratrol? Also did you get any negative effects from resveratrol? (joint pain) Thanks.

Both have blood thinning properties. But aged garlic extract is cheaper, and has more benefits from my experience.

No sides effects from resveratrol.

douglasmich

Established Member
Reaction score
So natural please tell me what i should use to thicken or stop my hair loss.

currently taking toco 8 and drinking tea alot

whats the go with curcumin and res, im only 16 so i need to know how it acts on the body?

and please link me where to get these cheap if you think it will hepl me

zeroes

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I shed maybe 20 hairs from the scalp this morning during my shower. One thing I have noticed is that i shed very few hairs from the horseshoe area. I tried to pull out hair from this area with forceand they wouldn't come out. Not sure if this was always the case.

douglasmich

Established Member
Reaction score
how do you determine a shed?? do you shake your hair and couint what falls out?

i find that i shed alot of hair from the sides and they are thick! i remember 3 months i could shed thin tapered hairs.

my hairloss is still only noticable by me, i can get nearly perfect coverage with a comb, revita has really helped my scalp, 3 months ago it hurt the tug my hair!

still hoping it will thicken up, 3 months pictures are due on the 27th :)

thinking about curcumin and resvertol but i dont know its mechanism of action

AND one other thing, im really into this giurl and she is into me, i want to get with her but i cant because im scared of my hairloss progressing then she would think WTF?

thanks

zeroes

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I use fingers from one hand when i shampoo my scalp, count or observe the hairs on the hand. I use both hands for the rest of the area. I let the shower wash out the shampoo without using hands.

I repeat the process with the conditioner. I don't count only observe hair fall during the day.

As for the girl, go for it regardless just don't mention anything about your hair or that your worried about it.

The Natural

Established Member
Reaction score
douglasmich said:
So natural please tell me what i should use to thicken or stop my hair loss. currently taking toco 8 and drinking tea alot whats the go with curcumin and res, im only 16 so i need to know how it acts on the body? and please link me where to get these cheap if you think it will hepl me

douglas,

I have no idea how your body will react to these herbs. Avail yourself of the Google search for more information. Search: curcumin resveratrol hair.

You can buy these products at iHerb.com. I have used the following curcumin brands successfully: Jarrow, Thorne Research, Source Naturals (note: Life Extension's Super Bio Curcumin caused me to shed-stay away from it!); and the following resveratrol brands: Jarrow, Country Life, Biotivia, Nature's Way.

This herbal combination eliminated my dandruff and stopped my hair loss. A few users have reported some regrowth, but from my readings, the majority of users experience a decrease in inflammation, but do not achieve regrowth.

Several months ago, I dropped resveratrol for Kyolic's aged garlic extract (because it's cheaper and has more internal benefits), and experienced no adverse effects: my dandruff and hair loss have not returned.

My advice to you is to research. Use the search engine here at Hair Loss Talk. And then slowly introduce herbs, vitamins, and/or minerals into your regimen. If you add everything at once, you will have no idea what is helping or hurting.

This is all the advice that I have for you, douglas. Hope it helps,
TN

zeroes

Experienced Member
Reaction score
douglasmich said:
thankyou

what dosage should i take mg?

It will have a recommendation on the container. They will all likely come to the same mg for recommendation.

Sparky4444

Reaction score
I've been on it for over 8 months and it hasn't slowed down my diffuse thinning...It MAY have helped to strengthen my healthy hair already, but I am also taking a host of other vitamins, plus I've used my laser helmut...

..if anything, my skin is reeeeeally in great condition...I am going to stay on it because I believe it is really good for a person...

rwhairlosstalk

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Sparky4444 said:
I've been on it for over 8 months and it hasn't slowed down my diffuse thinning...It MAY have helped to strengthen my healthy hair already, but I am also taking a host of other vitamins, plus I've used my laser helmut...

..if anything, my skin is reeeeeally in great condition...I am going to stay on it because I believe it is really good for a person...

Thanks Mitch. This is what this thread is REALLY about. People who are taking this, how much, how long and coming back with updates.

I'm still thinking of taking it and seeing how it helps me. If I do, I'll update.

As a review, I take 25mg of spironolactone. This cut the shedding by half.

Take 450mg of dry leaves in a capsule Saw Palmetto. It has other anti androgens like beta sitosterol, pyguem, etc. Cut shedding by a half.

Was taking 1200mg of MSM. Cut shedding by another half. I'm doing to about 60 to 50 hairs a day.

If I use nizoral 2% every 3 days it would go down to about 10 hairs shed a day, but darn it's so drying and causes such a havoc on my hair and therefore so much work, it just tires me out before I can finish so I hardly use it. `

WOULD LOVE TO HEAR FROM OTHERS WHO'S TRIED TOCO-8 / TOCOTRIENOLS / VIT E / TOCOSORB and whether it WORKED.

zeroes

Experienced Member
Reaction score
If you are taking spironolactone orally whats the point of taking Toco 8 or anything else really?

squeegee

Banned
Reaction score
rwhairlosstalk said:
Sparky4444 said:

Thanks Mitch. This is what this thread is REALLY about. People who are taking this, how much, how long and coming back with updates.

I'm still thinking of taking it and seeing how it helps me. If I do, I'll update.

As a review, I take 25mg of spironolactone. This cut the shedding by half.

Take 450mg of dry leaves in a capsule Saw Palmetto. It has other anti androgens like beta sitosterol, pyguem, etc. Cut shedding by a half.

Was taking 1200mg of MSM. Cut shedding by another half. I'm doing to about 60 to 50 hairs a day.

If I use nizoral 2% every 3 days it would go down to about 10 hairs shed a day, but darn it's so drying and causes such a havoc on my hair and therefore so much work, it just tires me out before I can finish so I hardly use it. `

WOULD LOVE TO HEAR FROM OTHERS WHO'S TRIED TOCO-8 / TOCOTRIENOLS / VIT E / TOCOSORB and whether it WORKED.

I took every kinds of Tocotrienols for years. stop the madness. still taking it ..just a good add-on.. not a difference maker in the hairloss game.. Really good anti oxidant.

zeroes

Experienced Member
Reaction score
In the study they used patent Toco, so you needed to be taking SurpaBio or 8 I believe.

According to data provided by Dr Ling, the Malaysian researchers conducted a double blind placebo-controlled clinical trial on volunteers with androgenetic alopecia using Carotech’s Tocomin SupraBio, a patented tocotrienol complex reported to increase oral absorption of tocotrienols by 300 per cent.

douglasmich

Established Member
Reaction score
been on toco 8 for a week, nearly zero scalp itch, just sometimes a crawling feeling

take fish oil and use nizoral once a week and revita twice a week, really feel like my hair has thickened since i destroyed the inflamtion 2 months ago,

keen to take my 3 month photos in 3 weeks, then if its not any better DERM time

squeegee

Banned
Reaction score
douglasmich said:
been on toco 8 for a week, nearly zero scalp itch, just sometimes a crawling feeling

take fish oil and use nizoral once a week and revita twice a week, really feel like my hair has thickened since i destroyed the inflamtion 2 months ago,

keen to take my 3 month photos in 3 weeks, then if its not any better DERM time

Doug.. Fish oil is really good.. It help the body producing the good prostaglandins .. get a good brand with a lot of EPA/DHA ,take it with Borage oil.. Overdose it... 10 grams a day.. that would help a lot.. Revita is all hype. Just like pretty much all their product lines.