Tocotrienol\Toco-8

The Natural

Established Member
Reaction score
Kirby said:
Nothing, like all "natural" hair loss remedies.

Spoken, er...rather, written like a real drug addict. Good for you Kirby!

Keep putting those drugs in your body, and watch your erections get smaller and smaller, and your boobies get bigger and bigger! Heck, you could be a C cup by Christmas :) .

The Natural

Established Member
Reaction score
Rocky V said:
natural, have you had any regrowth with your regimen?

My regimen controls my hair loss. As for regrowth, there is some (not a lot). And it's not very thick. But I am thankful for it.

zeroes

Experienced Member
Reaction score
rwhairlosstalk said:
enough of the rigamaroll WHO'S BENEFITED OR NOT FROM TOCO-8?

The Natural says he got nothing over a 3 year period if I remember correctly. However he was also using Toco Sorb. I'm going to be sticking with 8 only.

Over on The Bald Truth nothing positive either but it's early days for them as well.

For me, shedding from the scalp when showering definitely decreased since taking Toco8. My shedding has picked up a bit from time to time.

K

Kirby

The Natural said:
Kirby said:
Nothing, like all "natural" hair loss remedies.

Spoken, er...rather, written like a real drug addict. Good for you Kirby!

Keep putting those drugs in your body, and watch your erections get smaller and smaller, and your boobies get bigger and bigger! Heck, you could be a C cup by Christmas :) .
Jesus Christ. You have seriously mental health problems.

The Natural

Established Member
Reaction score
zeroes said:
The Natural says he got nothing over a 3 year period if I remember correctly. However he was also using Toco Sorb. I'm going to be sticking with 8 only.

Over on The Bald Truth nothing positive either but it's early days for them as well.

For me, shedding from the scalp when showering definitely decreased since taking Toco8. My shedding has picked up a bit from time to time.

I have tried three tocotrienol products during a three year period (Jarrow's Toco-Sorb, A C Grace's tocotrienols, and PP's Toco-8). I didn't regrow any hair with these products, and don't know who has - at least I've never read of anyone.

That stated, tocotrienols are good for your overall health. Don't expect anything more than a decrease in shedding, and thickening of existing hair.

rwhairlosstalk

Experienced Member
Reaction score
rwhairlosstalk said:
enough of the rigamaroll WHO'S BENEFITED OR NOT FROM TOCO-8?

zeroes said:

The Natural said:
That stated, tocotrienols are good for your overall health. Don't expect anything more than a decrease in shedding, and thickening of existing hair.

Thanks Zeroes and Natural, that's what I needed.

I'm trying it.

Anyone know where I can buy it cheaply?

Koga

Established Member
Reaction score
The Natural said:
douglasmich said:
yeah, my dcotor thinks its from scalp inflamation so he gave me some cream and the inflamation is gone, he said it should thicken up in 3 months, its been 2 and i cant tell the difference

I can tell you what has helped my chronic inflammation, and that is curcumin (Jarrow, Thorne Research, Now, Source Naturals) and resveratrol (Jarrow, Country Life, Nature's Way, Source Naturals).

I have since substituted aged garlic extract (Kyolic) for resveratrol. My inflammation and dandruff remain almost non-existent. I threw away dandruff shampoos and creams years ago.

This combination may help you too.

I don't have any inflammation, though I'm thinning diffusely. I don't want to get on any medicines right now (for various reasons) and minoxidil is a 'no way back'. You think curcumin or resveratrol can do something for me or has it only advantages for people actually suffering from inflammation?

J

jonson

Is there any difference between regular tocotrienol and toco 8 or some other product? Because i don't find toco 8 to my country.

The Natural

Established Member
Reaction score
Koga said:
I don't have any inflammation, though I'm thinning diffusely. I don't want to get on any medicines right now (for various reasons) and minoxidil is a 'no way back'. You think curcumin or resveratrol can do something for me or has it only advantages for people actually suffering from inflammation?

I don't know. Certainly couldn't hurt.

By the way, my results came from using both curcumin and resveratrol (since switched to aged garlic extract Kyolic).

Koga

Established Member
Reaction score
The Natural said:
Koga said:

I don't know. Certainly couldn't hurt.

By the way, my results came from using both curcumin and resveratrol (since switched to aged garlic extract Kyolic).

Yeah, couldn't hurt, I guess. You take it in supplement form, a pill? I might have read somewhere that curcumin also helps the blood flow. No info on resveratrol though.

The Natural

Established Member
Reaction score
Try iHerb.com. I listed in previous posts some of the brands that I've used in the past.

zeroes

Experienced Member
Reaction score
jonson said:
Is there any difference between regular tocotrienol and toco 8 or some other product? Because i don't find toco 8 to my country.

Yes, Toco 8 has other ingredients. I would prefer to use Suprabio as they did in the trials but I can't get it locally.

J

jonson

Natural how much mg of resveratrol and curumin do you took?

The Natural

Established Member
Reaction score
jonson said:
Natural how much mg of resveratrol and curumin do you took?

Go to iHerb.com: Look up Jarrow's curcumin and Jarrow's resveratrol. Take one capsule of curcumin and one capsule of resveratrol in the morning and the evening.

rwhairlosstalk

Experienced Member
Reaction score
zeroes said:
jonson said:

Yes, Toco 8 has other ingredients. I would prefer to use Suprabio as they did in the trials but I can't get it locally.

Oh really? They didnt use toco-8? I'd better go back and read that.

zeroes

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I think they are similar products. There is a thread on the bald truth covering it.

I have some bad news this morning i shed a ton of hair . I don't know how much stress and the freezing weather played it's part in it.

douglasmich

Established Member
Reaction score
what is curmcumin and reservatal effect on the body?? lower dht? im only 16 and i dont wanna be messing me up

The Natural

Established Member
Reaction score
Stress will accelerate your hair loss. So if you are under some, taking a vitamin B complex is a good idea.

The aged garlic that I take (Kyolic 101 formula) includes vitamin B1, 6, and 12 plus GABA, all to reduce the negative effects of stress.