Tissuse And J. Hewitt: Smart Hair Transplant Trial In 2019!

Ljames

My Regimen
Reaction score
So no one really knows if it’s an injection or a transplant?

I don't know for sure but it has transplant in the name, not injection. So my money would be they take the follicles and do whatever magic they need to, then part of the 45 days it to allow them to grow to a transplant-able state.

But that is 100% speculation

AlexanderTheGreat

My Regimen
Reaction score
So no one really knows if it’s an injection or a transplant?
I stumbled upon this on another hair loss site. I hope it's of some help.

''The scientists from TissUse include Dr. Roland Lauster from the University of Berlin who has been researching hair regeneration for years. They have been very quiet for a while but the direction of his research was creating proto hair follicles like Tsuji, not injecting cells. He is on the board of advisers of TissUse and his colleague Dr. Uwe Marx is in the board of directors.
TissUse licensed its “Smart Hair Transplant” technology to J. Hewitt in Japan. J. Hewitt is a medical device and equipment firm based in Japan but the CEO is American, Dr. Jon Knight. They specialize in medical devices for dermatologists and cosmetic surgeons.
We hadn’t heard anything from Dr Lauster in quite a while. His initial research looked very promising, and this really answers a lot of questions about what Dr Lauster has been doing lately.''

MrV88

My Regimen
Reaction score
Folliclethought says from his Indication of conversations with J Hewitt that it will be not in The 100.000$ range and be much LESs than other estimates. But we have to wait before celebrating
New Model S P100D+ AND hair instead of Ferrari Tsuji, seems legit. Hope they deliver. Any other news about the new questions?

Emanoel900

My Regimen
Reaction score
Have they examined the method on animals yet? I couldn't find such results in their report. Then, how they are so optimistic about their approach? I guess they are just advertising to get some funds for their research.

MeDK

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Could be they base their study on their own HUMIMIC Chips, which can be used for different applications, they also did hair studies with their chip

2011, BMC Proceedings, Human hair follicle equivalents in vitro for transplantation and chip-based substance testing
R Horland, G Lindner, I Wagner, B Atac, S Hoffmann, M Gruchow, F Sonntag, U Klotzbach, R Lauster, U Marx

2013, Lab on a Chip, Skin and hair on-a-chip: in vitro skin models versus ex vivo tissue maintenance with dynamic perfusion
B Ataҫ, I Wagner, R Horland, R Lauster, U Marx, A Tonevitsky, A Azar, G Lindner

whatevr

My Regimen
Reaction score
ur a clown same as that whatevr guy do us all a favour and dissappear

Oop! Oop! The human equivalent of the crap-flinging zoo monkey addresses me in vain once again. Back to your cage now, feeding time's soon.

MeDK

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
just a side note i have heard the term hair cloning quite a bit in regular media in the recent months and if you google it there is a lot of hits that

If its going to be hair cloning, as in they grow the hair separate and then insert them into the scalp as a transplant, its going to be quite expensive.

First a doctor have to extract the healthy HF for multiplying, multiplying, and then the doctor insert HF into the scalp.

To me it seems a bit more expensive, then just having stem cell injections, because we don't need to do a transplant with individual HF, but only one or multiple injections with a syringe, that would be a lot faster at least.

And we are still stuck with the problem, which doctor can actually reproduce a trust worthy hairline and so on. We might have the benefit of "unlimited" HFs but what does that help if it still looks like the most fake hairline of the year.

I still learn towards of the regenerative part, so you might get back what you had before extensive hair loss.

NilesCrane

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Never...

Does anybody even read this sh*t or is everybody just asking the same questions every 2-3 pages?!
This hasn’t been discussed. The ceo made it seem like we will know if it’s successful very soon. But the new interview with Tissuse states that trials are estimated to take three years. So this is actually pretty far away.

BigOl'BaldingHead

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Don't you think they could have meant 3 years from when the interview took place? Which corresponds with them starting trials in 2019, which might take a year.

What they said in 2017:

HairLossTalk.com: When will the method be tested out in humans as a proof of concept study? If everything goes well, when would be the quickest release on the market so that everyone can access it?

This depends on available funding for a proof of concept. We estimate it will take at least 3 years to finalize the first clinical trials.

Last edited:

el_duterino

Reaction score
this is a joke - if this technology was real they would partner with a real pharma firm experienced with trials not a tiny medical equipment sales office with zero experience in drugs development and testing

look at their homepage the last "press release" announcing something new is from 2005

http://www.jhewitt.co.jp/contents/index.php?cID=2

Last edited:

MeDK

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
this is a joke - if this technology was real they would partner with a real pharma firm experienced with trials not a tiny medical equipment sales office with zero experience in drugs development and testing

look at their homepage the last "press release" announcing something new is from 2005

http://www.jhewitt.co.jp/contents/index.php?cID=2

If its just a question for Tissuse to get the foot inside the door in the japanese market, then why not a small player? Maybe the thought is that the have bigger control and still the benefits of early japanese market release, with their own product to conduct human trails, if they can use their own technology they have developed.

Its harder to create change and fast decisions in a big company, also bigger companies usually needs a bigger cut if they need the risk of their name in a business that have a hard time accepting official failures.

Just saw on their page, that they actually have a strategy of using their launching their Product Brand HUMIMIC, so it does makes good sense to bring their own and show that their technology can be used for like hairloss treatments