The negative prejudice against baldness in Hollywood is pissing me off

zdm632

Established Member
Reaction score
You cannot be serious.
t baldness is also being associated with other negative traits, when this correlation does not hold in the real world.

Everyone in his right mind knows this.
Maybe only some dude who never got out, and stayed only in front of the computer watching hollywood crap may think that baldness is associated with whatever ****.
How dumb must someone be to think that a bald person is automatically a stupid/loser/criminal/pedophile/etc??
That a particular physical appearance(bald head) must be connecte with such things?
What are we talking about here?
And even if there are persons who would believe that connection, who should care? Those must be stupid as hell, and i would feel sorry for them being so ignorant.

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
Everyone in his right mind knows this.
Maybe only some dude who never got out, and stayed only in front of the computer watching hollywood crap may think that baldness is associated with whatever ****.
How dumb must someone be to think that a bald person is automatically a stupid/loser/criminal/pedophile/etc??
That a particular physical appearance(bald head) must be connecte with such things?
What are we talking about here?
And even if there are persons who would believe that connection, who should care? Those must be stupid as hell, and i would feel sorry for them being so ignorant.

Obviously WE know better. But do you actually have that much faith in society to think they know better themselves? You underestimate how incredibly STUPID the general public is.

- - - Updated - - -

Are you stupid? Women with androgenic alopecia doesn't have "plenty more hair than balding men" as you put it, it's just normally more diffuse than men's hair loss.
And if you had a little insight, you'd realize that that is NOT a good thing. Most bald men can have a transplant. Most women can't because of the diffuse hair loss, nor do we have access to the same treatments you do in terms of finasteride, dutasteride, etc.
Even if we did, it doesn't work in most women.
Aslo, the sooner in life you lose hair the more severe it will become. I am 22 started losing at 20 now I'm left with what you'd call a 5-head and diffuse thinning ALL OVER. There will be little to no hair left when this burns out.
I have tried everything! I cannot have a transplant, and nor do I have "more hair than balding men" like you say. Actually I'm way worse off!
The guys who say women have it easier are sooOOOooooOOOooooooOOOo ****ing WRONG!
I cannot stress this enough!!! if i was a guy i'd shaven my head slick bald ages ago, and just gone with it (even though I KNOW it sucks so bad for you as well, im not trying to say it isnt!).
It's socially acceptable for guys to go with a bald head although I understand it sucks, that you wanna chose how your hair looks, you wanna get "hot girls" and bla bla bla. I get it, everyone wants hair.
But at the end of the day, there is a huuuge difference between a bald man and a bald woman. There are plenty of women who doesn't mind if the guy is bald. I'm 22 like i said and several of my girlfriends (who are very attractive btw) have bald/balding bf's.
THEY DONT CARE! some women do care, but seriously there are so many who dont. before i lost mine i dated a guy who was a diffuser and was madly in love
But a bald women? You guys set so high standards for us, no wonder it feels like hell going bald. Hell with it, i should not be on this site at all cause reading all your comments on girls and worrying about getting hot girls if bald,
makes me even more sure that i'm forever alone than i already am.

Relax, I was obviously referring to women with regular female pattern hair loss. It's never as severe as mens. Obviously I didn't mean YOU with your case as I know your worse off than most women (save for alopecia totalis, etc) and all men and especially at your age. Believe me, I sympathize, but my point still stands that if you were to simply thin out at age 60 you'd have had 60 years of pleasure and better hair than most balding men anyway.

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
Then just wear a wig. No one will care. We men will **** anything and we're used to waking up next to women who look ugly without make up, or fat without spanx. Spend a lot of money on a wig that looks real and move on with your life. Women already wear hair extensions it isn't even that different.

Women are fake as sh*t either way;

Fake nails. Fake eyelashes. Fake skin. Fake tans. Fake bodies. Fake tits. Fake personalities.

Does anyone think fake hair will be where we draw the line? No. Women wear extensions and we still don't care.

All this fake crap that women put upon themselves and yet all of them want 'A REAL MAN'

Fvcking laughable.

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
How about instead of me explaining why your reasoning is wrong all the time you just do it yourself? Instead of making excuses consider this rationally, no one is perfect, most men do not look like Brad Pitt and women know this and accept this, just as we accept we're never going to **** jessica alba.

How about you stop trying to neutralize our valid point with irrelevant examples in an attempt to sound politically correct?

He is not talking about fvcking jessica alba you twit he is talking about putting an end to the slandering of bald men in modern media.

zdm632

Established Member
Reaction score
Who's Jessica Alba? (kidiing of course, but she's just a normal looking woman, doesn't impress).

CaptainForehead

Reaction score
It's socially acceptable for guys to go with a bald head
makes me even more sure that i'm forever alone than i already am.

And it's socially acceptable for women to wear wigs.

As for guys shaving their heads, it indeed sucks, but you are in a better position than most of the bald guys. With a wig, you have hair, and you can be open about it.
A slick bald guy often cannot pull of the bald look.

Why havent you gone the wig route? In this age of fake nail, hair extensions, fake boobs, veneers, guys wont care much about yet another artificial enhancement.

2bald2young

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Well there is no doubt in my mind that girls at the age of 18 or below find baldness a no.

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
This is one of the reasons I still post here, because there are things that are not right in the way our society treats bald men and I think it has to be acknowledged. But I see that a lot of people on the forum, mainly (only?) the guys below NW4 don't want to believe in this harsh reality that is now my everyday life.

Bullsh!t. I fully recognize the hardships and I'm under NW4 status, hell I've been QUITE vocal about society's hatred towards baldness.

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
Nobody's perfect is just an excuse to dismiss the fact that there are varying degrees of suffering depending on the seriousness of the condition. Some conditions are worse than others. I'm willing to admit that there are far worse things out there than baldness but that doesn't mean that I can't recognize that there are things that aren't as bad as baldness as well. Like being ginger, at least you have hair that you can always dye. Or being crosseyed or having a big nose or crooked teeth because all of those can be corrected with plastic surgery/dentist. If hair was as easy to replace as a tooth then you could compare hair loss to these other things but they aren't. C'mon, stop beating around the bush with these lame excuses and just admit that baldness is in a category all it's own in terms of being stigmatized and socially suppressed... moreso than any of the examples you provided. The only thing that comes close to baldness is being unusually short because that can not be reasonably corrected just like baldness.

BeardedOne

Established Member
Reaction score
What else do you need hair for except attracting women? It sounds like you have everything you want.

The bald jibes when you broke up were just because she knows you're sensitive about that and she could hurt your feelings that way.

I really disagree with this. For me it's not about women at all, it's about a loss of identity. Like it or not my hair is part of my identity - not how I style it but at least just having it. If I lose it then my identity changes, too. Even losing a little at the front impacts my identity, and with it my sense of self, confidence etc.

zdm632

Established Member
Reaction score
Haha Fred, you are 24, "you worked hard"... Give me a break...
Be honest, at 24 you had money to pay a 2000 graft FUE?? Let's be serious, your daddy &mommy paid that,
don't lecture us!!
What did you work till now? Except with the girl's pussies, of course.
This is the problem with guys like you, you have a very easy life, everything you want at your little finger, that's why you think baldness is the worst thing in your life...
Should you have to really work everyday to support yourself or a family, your main concersns wouldn't be that your hairloss stops you from banging many girls.

2bald2young

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Haha Fred, you are 24, "you worked hard"... Give me a break...
Be honest, at 24 you had money to pay a 2000 graft FUE?? Let's be serious, your daddy &mommy paid that,
don't lecture us!!
What did you work till now? Except with the girl's pussies, of course.
This is the problem with guys like you, you have a very easy life, everything you want at your little finger, that's why you think baldness is the worst thing in your life...
Should you have to really work everyday to support yourself or a family, your main concersns wouldn't be that your hairloss stops you from banging many girls.

Omg looks like you got mental powers and if you use them you know exactly how someone's life is and if he speaks the truth WOW!

resu

Reaction score
Where's dreamer? All these accounts with the same rhetoric and he stopped posting?

FlopTurnRiver

My Regimen
Reaction score
MV5BMTk1MjM3NTU5M15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMTMyMjAyMg@@._V1_SY317_CR14,0,214,317_AL_.jpg
les_grossman_29586.jpg

christian-bale-balding1.jpg

Colin+Farrell+Epic+Screening+NYC+VbZg9odTnCTl.jpg
article-0-0B3667C900000578-176_468x613.jpg

zdm632

Established Member
Reaction score
Ha-ha in the last picture Colin Farell has a fake balding wig/make-up.
It's vivisble on his forehead.
Did you think he's balding?

Vlatch

Established Member
Reaction score
Ha-ha in the last picture Colin Farell has a fake balding wig/make-up.
It's vivisble on his forehead.
Did you think he's balding?
None of these guys are balding :p (Tom Cruise, Christian Bale and yes, Colin Farell), the point is, in some Hollywood movies, to transform a handsome actor into an insecure loser, well, they make him wear a balding wig ! (Add Jamie Foxx in "The amazing Spiderman 2" to the list as someone pointed out)

CaptainForehead

Reaction score
Can black men even have hair like that???