The negative prejudice against baldness in Hollywood is pissing me off

I.D WALKER

Reaction score
Boys you know we have a rougher road to hoe ahead of us, when even deceased women get the last laugh. We never blamed you Audrey for being beautiful!:sun:
Godamn! I'm glad somebody finally mentioned that Audrey Hepburn commercial, it's on all the f**king time on UK TV and is like a constant, extremely blunt reminder of how inferior and pathetic we are in society's eyes.

Sends me into a private rage everytime I see it, lol, so disrespectful but you couldn't explain this to a woman or a full head,they just wouldn't get it. I'm sure every other UK baldite out there is privately shaking their head in disgust every time that cheap, classless ad comes on.

swingline747

My Regimen
Reaction score
[video=youtube;u92-XMv64Qs]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u92-XMv64Qs[/video]

Might be nothing but always hated this commercial.
NW1 Ashton flirting with the hot babe until her jealous bald boyfriend steps in. Of course they are on e beach and hes wearing some guido jump suit.

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
Isn't it obvious who really has the problem with baldness?

SOCIETY, not actual bald men.

Vlatch

Established Member
Reaction score
Actually Ashton Kutcher has had high temples for a few years now, even if he has very good looking hair, I wouldn't be surprised if he was taking a certain little pill to combat hair loss :p

resu

Reaction score
Goose from Top Gun:
goose1.jpg

His expression on the right says it all.

Eureka

Established Member
Reaction score
Serious as a hard attack, we're the ones with the problem.

His expression on the right says it all.

Indeed it does. 'A[FONT=arial, sans-serif] man without a moustache is rather like a woman with one' — Nick Cave[/FONT]

Eureka

Established Member
Reaction score
Evidently us, who else? It's far easier to blame society though. Big bad mean society, persecuting us left and right, etc so on and so forth. You make it sound like male pattern baldness is comparable to being black, or gay, or a woman for that matter.

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
Evidently us, who else? It's far easier to blame society though. Big bad mean society, persecuting us left and right, etc so on and so forth. You make it sound like male pattern baldness is comparable to being black, or gay, or a woman for that matter.

Easily one of the most ignorant comments made on the topic of hair loss I've ever read.

zdm632

Established Member
Reaction score
Easily one of the most ignorant comments made on the topic of hair loss I've ever read.

Why do you need to almost insult everyone you disagree with?
What does this say about your personality? And then you question why people reject you...and think it's only because of hair.

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
Why do you need to almost insult everyone you disagree with?
What does this say about your personality? And then you question why people reject you...

It's not about disagreeing with him. It's him (much like yourself in the past) being WRONG.

His comment suggests bald men are to blame themselves for being socially despised. So yes, it's an ignorant statement.

Eureka

Established Member
Reaction score
sounds stupid

Nick Cave is anything but stupid.

It's not about disagreeing with him. It's him (much like yourself in the past) being WRONG.

His comment suggests bald men are to blame themselves for being socially despised. So yes, it's an ignorant statement.

I'm wrong? I think not. We make a far bigger deal over hairloss than society does, look at your language, we are "socially despised? The fact that you can't hear the imbalance in such a statement is a diagnosis in itself. The majority of people 'suffering' from hairloss move past it and live their lives. male pattern baldness isn't some new development in the genome, we inherited it. My father didn't sit on forums soaking in self pity, he lived his life, a life no different than a person with hair, his brothers, his friends, my friends.. you act as if we are tarred and feathered for male pattern baldness. The only person who despises you is yourself, but far easier to blame society for your feelings, it's all their fault, no personal accountability on your part, which is a convenient way to justify your belief system.

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
Oh yes it must be our fault that we are villains in every action movie and are dissed on TV shows and commercials, of course.

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
Oh yes it must be our fault that we are villains in every action movie and are dissed on TV shows and commercials, of course.

Forget about that... we're villified in REAL LIFE. No thanks to the media though anyway.

FlopTurnRiver

My Regimen
Reaction score
Nick Cave is anything but stupid.

I'm wrong? I think not. We make a far bigger deal over hairloss than society does, look at your language, we are "socially despised? The fact that you can't hear the imbalance in such a statement is a diagnosis in itself. The majority of people 'suffering' from hairloss move past it and live their lives. male pattern baldness isn't some new development in the genome, we inherited it. My father didn't sit on forums soaking in self pity, he lived his life, a life no different than a person with hair, his brothers, his friends, my friends.. you act as if we are tarred and feathered for male pattern baldness. The only person who despises you is yourself, but far easier to blame society for your feelings, it's all their fault, no personal accountability on your part, which is a convenient way to justify your belief system.

Yes but what kind of a life? We can live with the most basic of needs such as breathing, food, water. These are at the bottom of Maslow's hierarchy of needs as posted by Hellouser before.

maslows-hierarchy-of-needs.jpg

However living a life and attaining higher needs is extremely difficult or not possible as a bald man.