The negative prejudice against baldness in Hollywood is pissing me off

CaptainForehead

Reaction score
In a lot of serials/movies there is blatant prejudice against baldites. Many directors will have one bald guy amonst a cast of people with hair, and that one bald guy is portrayed as weak/corrupt/ineffectual.
-White house down
-House of cards

There are some directors which dont have this prejudice (Breaking Bad), but the vast majority just seem to be disseminating a pejorative view of baldites.

DannyBoyy

Reaction score
I think i rather be a bald badass blowing things up then some guy from a chick flick i mean you seen those films?

swingline747

My Regimen
Reaction score
I think i rather be a bald badass blowing things up then some guy from a chick flick i mean you seen those films?

Nope Ill take hot *** over explosions any day!

Anyway I wrote a topic on comic books and bald guys a while ago.
Heroes and Villians

Unless you are black or some kind of alien it is IMPOSSIBLE for a bald guy to be a hero

DannyBoyy

Reaction score
Nope Ill take hot *** over explosions any day!

Anyway I wrote a topic on comic books and bald guys a while ago.
Heroes and Villians

Unless you are black or some kind of alien it is IMPOSSIBLE for a bald guy to be a hero

Women dont just dig the guys from chick flicks they also dig the jason stathams but wait they like him for his money right?...but like fred said i would want to be a patrick stewart also...a guy who went bald at 19 he sure proved his haters wrong (if he had any)

DannyBoyy

Reaction score
wanna an other example ? View attachment 24036
Can somebody here imagine this guy with a full head of hair ??
Absolutely not !

- - - Updated - - -

propaganda begins from craddle

You cant see it cause his character is ment to be bald...cause you know they made it that way if he was ment to have hair he would...you know have it...its like trying to imagine woody from toy story without hair...speaking of toy story buzz was bald.

- - - Updated - - -

For the non-French speakers: the title was "Despicable Me" in English, but in French it literally was: "Me, ugly and mean".

So there you go: bald = ugly. One doesn't have to be an expert in semiology to get it.

So when you see a "ugly" guy with hair its the hair what make him ugly? or is it his face what makes him ugly?...

DannyBoyy

Reaction score
So if he had hair you would think of him as "hollywood good looks"?

swingline747

My Regimen
Reaction score
Charles Xavier.

ALSO Patrick Stewart lol, he is really the ONLY stigma of a proud bald guy

seriously though in the comics hes crippled, and shaved..... oddly he doesnt sport that N7 I highly doubt he just went slick bald all over.

- - - Updated - - -

So if he had hair you would think of him as "hollywood good looks"?

nope he would just be an ugly guy with hair.
Though most "attractive" (all 3) bald guys in hollywood would look much better with a nice head of hair, except staham... god hes just an ugly dude, hair or not.

DannyBoyy

Reaction score
Though most "attractive" (all 3) bald guys in hollywood would look much better with a nice head of hair, except staham... god hes just an ugly dude, hair or not.[/QUOTE]

Oh so you think he be "ugly" anyway...well so when fred said "me ugly and mean" its still cause he is bald?...nothing else to say i think the point has been made.

swingline747

My Regimen
Reaction score
Though most "attractive" (all 3) bald guys in hollywood would look much better with a nice head of hair, except staham... god hes just an ugly dude, hair or not.

Oh so you think he be "ugly" anyway...well so when fred said "me ugly and mean" its still cause he is bald?...nothing else to say i think the point has been made.[/QUOTE]

there are people who will be ugly or attractive regardless if they are bald BUT if you are attractive it is usually always magnified with good hair, EVEN if that good hair is cut crew with a kickin hair line.
You WILL NOT find a guy who is better looking shaved slick bald or thinning

DannyBoyy

Reaction score
there are people who will be ugly or attractive regardless if they are bald BUT if you are attractive it is usually always magnified with good hair, EVEN if that good hair is cut crew with a kickin hair line.
You WILL NOT find a guy who is better looking shaved slick bald or thinning

I have seen guys who are bald who are good looking and the look looks great on them...maybe they would look better with hair but still dont change the fact you be in denial to think otherwise...im sure if i got plastic surgery i would look better things like that thats silly thinking.

DannyBoyy

Reaction score
Maybe, but being bald it will never look better. A shaved NW1 will always look better than a shaved slick NW4+. There can be no debate about this.

Fred im on about the bald look in general nw1 shaved to nw4 plus shaved...i have seen with my own eyes guys looking good with the look (nw4 plus) like you for an example...maybe some would look better with hair i would look better with plastic surgery most probably but still dont change the fact if you look good...you look good end off.

VeprSuper

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Gru (bald guy in pic) is actually the good guy in part of the first movie and all of the second. He even marries an attractive she-spy.:woot:

CaptainForehead

Reaction score
Gru (bald guy in pic) is actually the good guy in part of the first movie and all of the second. He even marries an attractive she-spy.:woot:

But he is considered ugly in the movies. There is a scene where some lady is trying to set him up with someone, and she says looks are not important for the potential match.

I.D WALKER

Reaction score
My girl friend considers Ed Harris a sexy guy. I think his acting chops are stellar. Who can forget about the late, GREAT Yul Brynner. Now that bald dude was the quintessential king of Hollywood cool!

swingline747

My Regimen
Reaction score
My girl friend considers Ed Harris a sexy guy. I think his acting chops are stellar. Who can forget about the late, GREAT Yul Brynner. Now that bald dude was the quintessential king of Hollywood cool!

couldnt remember who ed harris was so i googled him.... heres him with HAIR! lol

beethoven200-7f678085f5b5812e87a4a94e53490da2d43555d5-s6-c30.jpg

Id say thats a vast improvement, guess they gave him hair for his role in "coping beethoven"

DannyBoyy

Reaction score
But he is considered ugly in the movies. There is a scene where some lady is trying to set him up with someone, and she says looks are not important for the potential match.

Yet he ends up married there is always excuses with you lot.

CaptainForehead

Reaction score
Yet he ends up married there is always excuses with you lot.

He ends up married because he has resources: minions, wealth and power.

DannyBoyy

Reaction score

VeprSuper

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Gru is broke in the second film and has no power. The minions have all been kidnapped and converted to psychos. I get what your saying but his character is very positive in the sequel, bald or no. It's made clear that the woman loves Gru for Gru.

DannyBoyy

Reaction score
Gru is broke in the second film and has no power. The minions have all been kidnapped and converted to psychos. I get what your saying but his character is very positive in the sequel, bald or no. It's made clear that the woman loves Gru for Gru.

Waste of time trying to convince them dude...trust me.