The negative prejudice against baldness in Hollywood is pissing me off

swingline747

My Regimen
Reaction score
1329763439-justinboniver.jpg

Thing is in American Hustle Bale was sort of the hero yet his hair issues were the FIRST things brought up in the film and referenced a few times. He was still sort of the sobby loser guy always getting out of trouble though, but cool in a way.

In Tropic Thunder Cruise was just a dick. An angry unlikable dick. Rich and powerful but sleezy and hated. Easy to hate a bald guy. If he was just Cruise with that attitude people would consider him a smart savvy hard core business man. Strip his head and hes angry at the world and a sleaze ball.

Whats worse is in Horrible Bosses Farrells dad was played by Donald Sutherland. WHO HAD A FULL HEAD OF HAIR! (for a 70 year old guy)

CaptainForehead

Reaction score
A while back I saw an old movie from Germany, some fairytale, apparently it gets played a lot during christmas. Story about a poor girl, who is naturally super pretty, prince gets smitten, yada yada yada. The evil stepsisters are fat. There is a ballroom scene where the prince is dancing with several girls who want to be his bride; there is one girl who is fat, not a nice smile (teeth), and it is portrayed as comedic whenever her turn comes to dance with the prince.

This of course would not fly in current hollywood, but the blatant mockery of fat women in the movie struck me as very similar to the mockery of bald men currently going on.

swingline747

My Regimen
Reaction score
A while back I saw an old movie from Germany, some fairytale, apparently it gets played a lot during christmas. Story about a poor girl, who is naturally super pretty, prince gets smitten, yada yada yada. The evil stepsisters are fat. There is a ballroom scene where the prince is dancing with several girls who want to be his bride; there is one girl who is fat, not a nice smile (teeth), and it is portrayed as funny whenever her turn comes to dance with the prince.

This of course would not fly in current hollywood, but the blatant mockery of fat women in it struck me as very similar to the mockery of bald men current going on.

yes because bald men and fat women are supposed to end up together. Then they can breed the sub slave race of mole people to work the mines for the "gifted"

twitter-trolls.jpg

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
Hot tub time machine is another movie that kicks bald men in the nuts. Basically by saying if the bald character in the movie had the guts to chase his dream and not be such a looser he would have never lost his hair in the first place. Such blatant baldism in that movie!

CaptainForehead

Reaction score
^ Yeah, WTF was that about?!!!!!

Eureka

Established Member
Reaction score
Hot tub time machine is another movie that kicks bald men in the nuts. Basically by saying if the bald character in the movie had the guts to chase his dream and not be such a looser he would have never lost his hair in the first place. Such blatant baldism in that movie!

Another lowest common denominator film.. suffice to say with such movies you're in stereotype country. Not least of which in that movie is the chubby nerd who lives in the basement and plays second life.

FlopTurnRiver

My Regimen
Reaction score
Not Hollywood but it annoys me every time I see the Audrey Hepburn Galaxy chocolate commercial. The way they make her take the hat off the bald bus driver (just moments after he smiles at her thinking she is approaching him with interest) and gives it to the guy with a full head of hair is typical of the negative prejudice against baldness. It is downright disrespectful. Notice how the bald guy is driving a bus and how the guy with a full head of hair is driving a nice car. He is the successful one in life and so obviously that means they cast a guy with a full head of hair.

[video=youtube;gx9eDoS76LM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gx9eDoS76LM[/video]

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
Not Hollywood but it annoys me every time I see the Audrey Hepburn Galaxy chocolate commercial. The way they make her take the hat off the bald bus driver (just moments after he smiles at her thinking she is approaching him with interest) and gives it to the guy with a full head of hair is typical of the negative prejudice against baldness. It is downright disrespectful. Notice how the bald guy is driving a bus and how the guy with a full head of hair is driving a nice car. He is the successful one in life and so obviously that means they cast a guy with a full head of hair.

Something tells me nobody in the commercial was actually cast....

FlopTurnRiver

My Regimen
Reaction score
Something tells me nobody in the commercial was actually cast....

What do you mean? I know they created Hepburn using cgi but I thought everything else was real?

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score

slipy

Reaction score
well, all i can say at this point is they mother****ing did it again.

i watched ninja turtles the other day , and yeah Shredder was ****ing bald, you guessed it. Not buzzcut or anything, bald.

They just can't resist, can they?

Muzzle

Reaction score
well, all i can say at this point is they mother****ing did it again.

i watched ninja turtles the other day , and yeah Shredder was ****ing bald, you guessed it. Not buzzcut or anything, bald.

They just can't resist, can they?

Gargamel is also bald in smurfs lol

Primo

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Godamn! I'm glad somebody finally mentioned that Audrey Hepburn commercial, it's on all the f**king time on UK TV and is like a constant, extremely blunt reminder of how inferior and pathetic we are in society's eyes.

Sends me into a private rage everytime I see it, lol, so disrespectful but you couldn't explain this to a woman or a full head,they just wouldn't get it. I'm sure every other UK baldite out there is privately shaking their head in disgust every time that cheap, classless ad comes on.

swingline747

My Regimen
Reaction score
Godamn! I'm glad somebody finally mentioned that Audrey Hepburn commercial, it's on all the f**king time on UK TV and is like a constant, extremely blunt reminder of how inferior and pathetic we are in society's eyes.

Sends me into a private rage everytime I see it, lol, so disrespectful but you couldn't explain this to a woman or a full head,they just wouldn't get it. I'm sure every other UK baldite out there is privately shaking their head in disgust every time that cheap, classless ad comes on.

Well maybe someone can CGI Statham drop kicking the model out of the car and going all Transporter on Hepburn, stuffing her in the trunk and driving like a maniac!

peter079

Established Member
Reaction score
What about Gollum from Lord of the Rings?
I never watched The Lord of the Rings movies. Never understood them really. But that Gollum character always looked a bit strange.
Then one day, they were playing the Lord of the Rings trilogy on TV, so I decided to watch and try to see what it was all about. That's when I finally
understood the background to this Gollum character. He was a normal good looking NW1, until he became obsessed by the evil power of the ring, and
of course started to loose his hair (like all evil people do..... apparently).

That's when I thought....great....more prejudice against bald men.

swingline747

My Regimen
Reaction score
What about Gollum from Lord of the Rings?
I never watched The Lord of the Rings movies. Never understood them really. But that Gollum character always looked a bit strange.
Then one day, they were playing the Lord of the Rings trilogy on TV, so I decided to watch and try to see what it was all about. That's when I finally
understood the background to this Gollum character. He was a normal good looking NW1, until he became obsessed by the evil power of the ring, and
of course started to loose his hair (like all evil people do..... apparently).

That's when I thought....great....more prejudice against bald men.

That one MIGHT be pushing it.
He also lost his teeth, turned blue and grew enormous eyes. He pretty much turned into a hairless lizard. I really don't think the baldness applies here lol

Eureka

Established Member
Reaction score
That one MIGHT be pushing it.
He also lost his teeth, turned blue and grew enormous eyes. He pretty much turned into a hairless lizard. I really don't think the baldness applies here lol

Might? He was hundreds of years old.. he lost his hair because he was half dead. Honestly your guys' ability to see offense where there isn't any is incredible.

CaptainForehead

Reaction score
I am watching an episode of That 70s show, season 4 ep 2.
Red Foreman is surprised that his wife has never been dumped as she has some annoying qualities.
The wife retorts "You're bald!".

I guess this is a realistic viewpoint, whatever you do, your partner will always view baldness as a flaw.
As Fred says in my sig.