The negative prejudice against baldness in Hollywood is pissing me off

swingline747

My Regimen
Reaction score
never get the Vin Diesel and Statham comparisons.
These are actually 2 REALLY UGLY men.
They have ugly features and disproportionate heads.
The only reason they are considered attractive is because they are in hollywood and portrayed as tough guys.

Were either of these two guys simply electricians or mail men and at a bar they would get ZERO attention.

zdm632

Established Member
Reaction score
never get the Vin Diesel and Statham comparisons.
These are actually 2 REALLY UGLY men.
They have ugly features and disproportionate heads.

Yeah, sure, and now a picture of yourself to vary a bit??
And since when is a MAN analyzing the attractiveness of other MEN?? Isn;t this a woman's "job"??
Sure have you read women' s opinions about JS? You'd be surprised...
What you think as ugly features in a man may actually be considered attractive by a woman...

- - - Updated - - -

What, Fred, you can't accept the truth??
Why do you need to give me negative reputation for the second time in a single day???
Yes, i repeat it: this area is populated by some guys feeling really miserable about themselves, who desperately want that every other guy feel the same...and if he doesn't , they get really pissed off...
They just want to spread their negativity, it's almost pathological...I just tell my opinion, try to be a bit positive, and: BANG, they attack, insult me and give me negative...how "cool"...
Now waiting for your third negative "reputation"....maybe you will sleep better tonight. :)

slipy

Reaction score
Yeah, sure, and now a picture of yourself to vary a bit?? And since when is a MAN analyzing the attractiveness of other MEN?? Isn;t this a woman's "job"?? Sure have you read women' s opinions about JS? You'd be surprised... What you think as ugly features in a man may actually be considered attractive by a woman....
1st off. Never listen to what women say, they will sometimes try to a give you a politicaly correct answer when confronted, hiding their true feelings or thinking they're doing the right thing by trying to be polite. instead look at what they do, look at what kind of guys they're together with, look at their actions.

2nd. We men, usually are solely interested in the physical attractiveness of women. We don't care about the status or money of the objects of our desire. When it comes to women it's a bit more varied, then also money and celebrity status comes into eqation. The bottom line is - if a woman says that some celebrity is hot, it doesn't necessarily mean she's hot for him in a physical way, it's probably his money and status that makes her eyes alight.

3rd. Although Statham is fairly attractive for a bald guy, he doesn't in any way represent the avarage, normal bald guy + has status. So a woman claiming to be attracted to Statham online, doesn't mean good news for us unattractive and status-less baldies. Your point is invalid.

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
1st off. Never listen to what women say, they will sometimes try to a give you a politicaly correct answer when confronted, hiding their true feelings or thinking they're doing the right thing by trying to be polite. instead look at what they do, look at what kind of guys they're together with, look at their actions.

2nd. We men, usually are solely interested in the physical attractiveness of women. We don't care about the status or money of the objects of our desire. When it comes to women it's a bit more varied, then also money and celebrity status comes into eqation. The bottom line is - if a woman says that some celebrity is hot, it doesn't necessarily mean she's hot for him in a physical way, it's probably his money and status that makes her eyes alight.

3rd. Although Statham is fairly attractive for a bald guy, he doesn't in any way represent the avarage, normal bald guy + has status. So a woman claiming to be attracted to Statham online, doesn't mean good news for us unattractive and status-less baldies. Your point is invalid.

Truth.

CaptainForehead

Reaction score
The point is not just how there are some bald men who do not get crappy roles, it's that there tons of examples where baldness is mocked and ridiculed.

Try doing that to blacks or to latinos or to fat women in movies. There would be a massive uproar.
For Gods sake, there was a protest against the portrayal of two *robots* in Transformers.

People do not remember the neutral portrayals. Any negative portrayal however gets burned into brains.

swingline747

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah, sure, and now a picture of yourself to vary a bit??
And since when is a MAN analyzing the attractiveness of other MEN?? Isn;t this a woman's "job"??

Well considering I'M VERY confident in my personal sexuality as straight I can YES very well judge another man comfortably. Why do you want a pic of me? Did I ever say I was soooooooo attractive (in fact quite the reverse since I started losing my hair), or is it you just have a crush on Statham yourself and are a bit offended?

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
The point is not just how there are some bald men who do not get crappy roles, it's that there tons of examples where baldness is mocked and ridiculed.

Try doing that to blacks or to latinos or to fat women in movies. There would be a massive uproar.
For Gods sake, there was a protest against the portrayal of two *robots* in Transformers.

People do not remember the neutral portrayals. Any negative portrayal however gets burned into brains.

What's interesting though, is that nobody batted an eye at the transformers protests but if men we're to voice themselves after baldness humiliation... you can be SURE that the response to that would be that of further humiliation and mockery.

Society has little respect for baldness.

CaptainForehead

Reaction score
What's interesting though, is that nobody batted an eye at the transformers protests but if men we're to voice themselves after baldness humiliation... you can be SURE that the response to that would be that of further humiliation and mockery.

Society has little respect for baldness.

You are wrong in ascribing society's response to baldness hate.

The real reason is that any issue which affects only *men* is marginalized.

If baldness was prevalent amongst women, hollywood would not dare make fun of baldites.

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
You are wrong in ascribing society's response to baldness hate.

The real reason is that any issue which affects only *men* is marginalized.

If baldness was prevalent amongst women, hollywood would not dare make fun of baldites.

Oh, I know that, I've often said that if women we're to go bald in the same numbers and to the same degree as men, we'd have had a cure a long time ago. But men's health is largely downplayed. Just look at breast cancer vs. prostate cancer funding and awareness. It's disgustingly disproportionate.

BeardedOne

Established Member
Reaction score
I was watching 'The Other Guys' the other day and I came across an archetypal example of how Hollywood portrays bald men. He is the cuckolded husband of a beautiful wife who longs for her former sexual relationship with Will Ferrell's character. She's seen here saying blatantly that she did things with Will that she would never do with her husband. The husband is shown to be some sort of weird, childish deviant who basically begs Will's character to have sex with his wife.

The makers are not stupid, they held him up as a figure of ridicule and chose a bald guy for maximum impact. This is something that constantly reinforces the bald=loser bias.

hqdefault.jpg

Eureka

Established Member
Reaction score
I suppose I disagree with the logic that because there are a few prominent films, with gay characters portrayed positively that homophobia isn't present. The majority of bald/balding characters are played against stereotype, however in this echo chamber you act as if balding men are victims of persecution.

Oh, I know that, I've often said that if women we're to go bald in the same numbers and to the same degree as men, we'd have had a cure a long time ago. But men's health is largely downplayed. Just look at breast cancer vs. prostate cancer funding and awareness. It's disgustingly disproportionate.

Perhaps, but hair is more tied to a woman's beauty than a mans.

As for cancer awareness, you can look at breast cancer vs any other form and the disparity is incredible. Lung cancer is a great example, a cancer that affects both sexes, is far more deadly, yet is under researched and underfunded comparatively. It should be noted that the organs involved play a role, the prostate is not something anyone really wants to talk about and 9/10 cases of lung cancer are smoking related.

Last edited:

CaptainForehead

Reaction score

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
Post menopausal women all have hairloss and hate it. You think women like having short hair?

They still got PLENTY more hair than bald/balding men.... nor do they have a receding hairline that destroys the frame of their face. Can you imagine how a woman would look like with a Norwood 3 hairline? Can you imagine the efforts in saving women's hair if they were to end up as norwood 7s?

I dont doubt that a lot of women don't like short hair (some do, my mom for example, has always had short hair)... but that's nothing compared to having NO hair. I read a comment once by some shrew that she was pissed off about a cure for baldness coming out before a treatment for greying hair. Where the fvck does she get off with that kind of priority? Grey hair can *EASILY* be remedied.

CaptainForehead

Reaction score
Post menopausal women all have hairloss and hate it. You think women like having short hair?

But they are not bald. Big difference between some hairloss and being bald.

CaptainForehead

Reaction score
It's not really spoken about, just like mens baldness.

That is the point coco, mens baldness IS TALKED ABOUT, and actually mocked.

CaptainForehead

Reaction score
Of the 100+ movies released last year by major studios less than a fifth featured any characters who identified as LGBT, the vast majority of which were non prominent roles.

How is that homophobic?
Moreover, is the LGBT community ridiculed in movies? Like baldites are?

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
How is that homophobic?
Moreover, is the LGBT community ridiculed in movies? Like baldites are?

LGBT community may have been somewhat ridiculed in the past (may have) but if it did.. there was ALWAYS outrage.

Ridiculing bald men is always seen as funny... in reality, its not.

CaptainForehead

Reaction score
You cannot be serious.
Bad teeth: Easily fixed (most of the actors have had teeth work)
Skin: makeup
Ginger: What % of men in the world is ginger? Do you see gingers getting made fun of and portrayed as despicable in hollywood? More examples: Damian Lewis, Conan O Brien.

I am not asking that bald men be portrayed as sex gods, I only want hollywood to stop portaying them as losers the majority of the time.

Baldness does detract from beauty, and I accept that, and have made peace with it. What I am mad about is that baldness is also being associated with other negative traits, when this correlation does not hold in the real world.

EvilLocks

Reaction score
They still got PLENTY more hair than bald/balding men.... nor do they have a receding hairline that destroys the frame of their face. Can you imagine how a woman would look like with a Norwood 3 hairline? Can you imagine the efforts in saving women's hair if they were to end up as norwood 7s?

I dont doubt that a lot of women don't like short hair (some do, my mom for example, has always had short hair)... but that's nothing compared to having NO hair. I read a comment once by some shrew that she was pissed off about a cure for baldness coming out before a treatment for greying hair. Where the fvck does she get off with that kind of priority? Grey hair can *EASILY* be remedied.

Are you stupid? Women with androgenic alopecia doesn't have "plenty more hair than balding men" as you put it, it's just normally more diffuse than men's hair loss.
And if you had a little insight, you'd realize that that is NOT a good thing. Most bald men can have a transplant. Most women can't because of the diffuse hair loss, nor do we have access to the same treatments you do in terms of finasteride, dutasteride, etc.
Even if we did, it doesn't work in most women.
Aslo, the sooner in life you lose hair the more severe it will become. I am 22 started losing at 20 now I'm left with what you'd call a 5-head and diffuse thinning ALL OVER. There will be little to no hair left when this burns out.
I have tried everything! I cannot have a transplant, and nor do I have "more hair than balding men" like you say. Actually I'm way worse off!
The guys who say women have it easier are sooOOOooooOOOooooooOOOo ****ing WRONG!
I cannot stress this enough!!! if i was a guy i'd shaven my head slick bald ages ago, and just gone with it (even though I KNOW it sucks so bad for you as well, im not trying to say it isnt!).
It's socially acceptable for guys to go with a bald head although I understand it sucks, that you wanna chose how your hair looks, you wanna get "hot girls" and bla bla bla. I get it, everyone wants hair.
But at the end of the day, there is a huuuge difference between a bald man and a bald woman. There are plenty of women who doesn't mind if the guy is bald. I'm 22 like i said and several of my girlfriends (who are very attractive btw) have bald/balding bf's.
THEY DONT CARE! some women do care, but seriously there are so many who dont. before i lost mine i dated a guy who was a diffuser and was madly in love
But a bald women? You guys set so high standards for us, no wonder it feels like hell going bald. Hell with it, i should not be on this site at all cause reading all your comments on girls and worrying about getting hot girls if bald,
makes me even more sure that i'm forever alone than i already am.