The negative prejudice against baldness in Hollywood is pissing me off

2bald2young

Experienced Member
Reaction score
That is crazy blatant stereotyping :mad:
The bad driver at the beginning - bald.
The baddy company guy: balding.

Everyone else: good hair. WTF.

In Tranformers 2 there was a hue and cry about how two *robots* were being racist; in contrast the stereotyping against baldites is mind blowing.

Fred: could you tweet about the stereotyping whenever you come across it?

subtle message telling people that bald=bad, welcome in hollywood.

CaptainForehead

Reaction score
It wasnt subtle. The message was being shouted in the movie.

Eureka

Established Member
Reaction score
Hollywood is flooded with stereotypes, baldness and it's associated characteristics are hardly the worst ones.

CaptainForehead

Reaction score
Which ones are worse?

Eureka

Established Member
Reaction score
Associated themes of Misogyny, Homophobia, Ableism, Ageism, Weight, Height and an entire lack of diversity in general for starters.

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
.... and explain how any of these are worse than baldsim.

CaptainForehead

Reaction score
Homophobia? In Hollywood?? Really?

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
I strongly disagree, who else is as openly and consistently mocked/villainized in movies and television than the bald man? We are hollywoods most reliable demographic for portraying undesireable loosers and villains.

CaptainForehead

Reaction score
UCMan, my comment was directed at Eureka who claimed homophobia in Hollywood. Hollywood IMO is very gay friendly. Heck, there was a recent movie "G.B.F" (Gay Best Friend).

I completely agree with your comment on baldites being the most disparaged.

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
Sorry, I wasn't disagreeing with you rather Eureka.

zdm632

Established Member
Reaction score
I strongly disagree, who else is as openly and consistently mocked/villainized in movies and television than the bald man? We are hollywoods most reliable demographic for portraying undesireable loosers and villains.

And who cares? Movies=fiction. And no, i'm watching a TV series right now and there' s an equal amount of bald bad guys and bald good guys.

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
And who cares? Movies=fiction. And no, i'm watching a TV series right now and there' s an equal amount of bald bad guys and bald good guys.

Who cares? If people didn't care, bald men wouldn't be cast as the degenerates of society. You think it's some kind of hollywood 'secret plan' to humiliate bald men and NOT society's disgust towards bald men?

CaptainForehead

Reaction score

zdm632

Established Member
Reaction score
Who cares? If people didn't care, bald men wouldn't be cast as the degenerates of society. You think it's some kind of hollywood 'secret plan' to humiliate bald men and NOT society's disgust towards bald men?

I just think you analyze it too much ...Hollywood is fiction.
What they cast in movies, doesn;t have anything to do with what happens in reality.
And no, i don't think so, bald men aren't casted only for degenerates, not at all.
You're missing something. The fact that in Hollywood, baldites are very few(well, taking into account that many hollywood actors had transplants/have wigs, and i think they use concealers on a regular basis).
Balds are a few in movie industry, if a man is bald it is not his first option to choose an acting career, don't you think?
There are plenty of bald people in good roles, too, and no, in reality not every bald man is a degenerate, come on.
Someone must be pretty short-minded or without any social life experience to extrapolate the hollyeood baldies stereotype in real life...

uncomfortable man

Reaction score

Who cares? Really? You must underestimate the influence media has on shaping the public consciousness and influencing culture. There is stuff out there that is outright insulting to all bald men. A literal slap in the face and your practically defending it. That's great that your'e watching a show that at least sheds a neutral light on baldness but that doesn't negate all the other evidence that hollywood is propagating a baldist agenda.

So yes, I care because it effects me personally. People treat me like **** because they are brainwashed by the media to believe that baldness is bad and shameful.... and I've done nothing to deserve it!

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
I just think you analyze it too much ...Hollywood is fiction.
What they cast in movies, doesn;t have anything to do with what happens in reality.
And no, i don't think so, bald men aren't casted only for degenerates, not at all.
You're missing something. The fact that in Hollywood, baldites are very few(well, taking into account that many hollywood actors had transplants/have wigs, and i think they use concealers on a regular basis).
Balds are a few in movie industry, if a man is bald it is not his first option to choose an acting career, don't you think?
There are plenty of bald people in good roles, too, and no, in reality not every bald man is a degenerate, come on.
Someone must be pretty short-minded or without any social life experience to extrapolate the hollyeood baldies stereotype in real life...

That is some ridiculous logic.

You know why there are 'few balds in the movie industry'??? Because NOBODY wants to see bald men! Basically the ONLY reason they're on screen is to satisfy people's idea that bald men are inferior and hollywood does an excellent job at that. There are only a handful of times where that isn't true. But how about actors that weren't bald before... where are they now as bald men?

John Travolta?
Billy Zane?
Jude Law?

These guys we're all at the top now they're nobodies because they look like trash and hollywood has no place for them. And that's just to name you the top actors.

How the hell can you be so delusional? Hair loss is COMPLETELY about physical appearance and the rejection over it. It's a PHYSICAL trait and yet you want to make it seem as if it's not? Who the hell are you trying to fool?

zdm632

Established Member
Reaction score
That is some ridiculous logic.

You know why there are 'few balds in the movie industry'??? Because NOBODY wants to see bald men! Basically the ONLY reason they're on screen is to satisfy people's idea that bald men are inferior and hollywood does an excellent job at that. There are only a handful of times where that isn't true. But how about actors that weren't bald before... where are they now as bald men?

John Travolta?
Billy Zane?
Jude Law?

These guys we're all at the top now they're nobodies because they look like trash and hollywood has no place for them. And that's just to name you the top actors.

How the hell can you be so delusional? Hair loss is COMPLETELY about physical appearance and the rejection over it. It's a PHYSICAL trait and yet you want to make it seem as if it's not? Who the hell are you trying to fool?

I was just expressing my opinion...can't you argue without personal attacks??
I understand some guys here are very miserable about their hairloss, but it feels like they want everybody else to be as pissed as them, otherwise they :firing:
Never mind, iyou here just feel better by dragging down mentally other people to the hole you are in.
Good luck!

And no, it doesn't appear to me that Travolta(the guy had a hair transplant??) or Law look like trash.
anyway, it's behind me, if you think you look like trash, why society should consider you otherwise??

resu

Reaction score
Brendan Fraser is the perfect example and he already was using a wig before, once his looks were gone, so was he.