Taugenichts's Story - (pic updated on 10/21/07 on page 12)

AussieExperiment

Established Member
Reaction score
Great Results

Taugenichts I have been following your progress for a while now and am always checking in to see how you are going.

It's great to hear that your shedding has slowed down. As all the experienced guys here keep telling us, stay committed and results will follow with time.

By the way I think your hairline and temples are great. I know people with full heads of hair and are not balding who have higher temples than you. My temples are similar to yours and I think mine are normal for my age.

Your crown was a little thin but the finasteride should thicken that up over the next few months. Without a flash I am sure you probably can't even notice it.

Buddy have you considered getting some counciling for your depression? You have been depressed for a while now and I think you should do something about it. Can you speak to a family member or close friend? Talking to someone may help you sort things out.

Again congratulation. Keep positive.

WorldofWarcraft

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Taugenichts said:
I think I should post this here since I don´t want to get on people´s nerves by opening another thread in the impact of hairloss section. MY HAIRLOSS HAS STOPPED. I am pretty sure finasteride has started working by now. The itchching has stopped almost completely. Only when I think about it my head suddenly starts itching again. Weird…….must be only in my head I guess. Apart from that I cleaned my desk on Friday and suddenly noticed: Where are the hairs? I normally find dozens of my fallen comrades on my desk, but not this time. There were like 3 or 4. It wasn´t like that since years. What a great feeling!!!!

I am not sure but I think that I also started seeing regrowth. My hair looks thicker than it used to do a few months ago. When my hair is dry you can´t see any scalp even under bright light. This is a definite improvement. I also noticed many hairs that are smaller than the rest of my hair. Regrowth? Maybe, I am not sure about it yet, but I am optimistic. The 9 month update should be very interesting.

I should be happy by now, but I am not. At the moment I am very depressive. I am feeling so ugly and worthless. It is really “niceâ€￾ that now when my hair has started to improve I am feeling shitty again for other reasons. The irony of my life…..

Hey man, I saw you on hairloss help forums. My name is DHTsucks! Like the name? lol

p.s. I feel like sh*t too. I have class in 5 hours and its going to be tough making it through the day because my depression has caused me not to be able to sleep at all. Its 4:30 am for me. I haven't slept in a couple of days.

AussieExperiment

Established Member
Reaction score
WorldofWarcraft said:
I have class in 5 hours and its going to be tough making it through the day because my depression has caused me not to be able to sleep at all. Its 4:30 am for me. I haven't slept in a couple of days.

Hey WorldofWarcraft now I understand why you are always so abrasive :). You are tired and depressed.

Mate you come across as a fairly smart guy. As I said to Taugenichts, try and get some help for the depression.

Good luck.

JDW

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Taugenichts said:
I think I should post this here since I don´t want to get on people´s nerves by opening another thread in the impact of hairloss section. MY HAIRLOSS HAS STOPPED.

Take this as a major positive man! You've got real reason to get out there and celebrate the good times... don't let other sh*t drag you down!

Congrats soldier you're winning the battle

JDW

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
WorldofWarcraft said:
Hey man, I saw you on hairloss help forums. My name is DHTsucks! Like the name? lol

p.s. I feel like $#iT too. I have class in 5 hours and its going to be tough making it through the day because my depression has caused me not to be able to sleep at all. Its 4:30 am for me. I haven't slept in a couple of days.

Thats crazy man, sh*t. Have you considered going for a jog every morning? I started it when I had problems with my sleep pattern and it sorted me right out. Just a suggestion.

G

socks said:
Taug, your temples are more filled in that mine bro!!! Your hair looks good man. Just my two cents.

psych721027 said:
Seriously bro, your hair looks like maybe NW1.5, if that.

Seriously man, I don't know where you get the idea that you are past NW2. Your temples are nice. You just have a battle at the crown.

Nick4441

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Taug, I think that you are finally getting the benefits you deserve for your persistence with treatments. Congrats. I need re-assuarance from guys like you that have stuck it out with meds as I have not had much positive in 4 months and just trying to keep faith somehow.

Just keep up the exercise as much as possible and up those endorfins and you will sleep better and feel fitter and be more positive and feel good about yourself and your physique.

Lorenzo_91

Established Member
Reaction score
Why does your hair look curly and black and straight and red in different pictures.

Your front of the hair is straight hair and the crown curly?

You have a great hairline and you will have hair forever it's so thick. Congrats!

kidloco

Reaction score
Not so bad?

You are now for sure Norwood 2, but you are 22 if I am right....so male pattern baldness or AA can make a s%$# in two more years like in my case....crown is not good...

person_123

Established Member
Reaction score
Taug, I don't think your hairline is that bad. You shouldn't worry about that too much at all. It isn't noticeable that any recession has occured.

Your crown I admit looks a bit thin, but how did you style it in that photo? Did you rough it up or wet it at all? It's all in how you position your hair.

It's good to hear that your hair loss has now stopped though.

G

Thanks for your kind words! The last days my hair looks slightly better. I still could live with my hairline, it is more my thinning I am worried about. I can´t style it anymore and have to wear a hat all the time. So sad.... :cry:

lorenzo:
It is the light that gives the impression of my hair having a different color though to me it doesnt look black on any of the pictures.

It is normally a medium-brown.

My hair usually is curly when it gets longer, the curls at the crown where just some coincidence.

I will update with new pics in about a month.

Follically Challenged

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Taug, you'd be a good candidate for a thickening shampoo.

I personally don't use a thickening shampoo because i'm more concerned with regrowth than cosmetic appearances at this time. But I don't see any sort of medicated shampoo in your regimen. I used the Vive shampoo a month or so back when I was confined in a drug study, and didn't want to bother switching my nizoral/Keto into a a different bottle. I was wowed, it really improved my hair. I think I may use the stuff when I have a full head of hair, just for volume. Or I'll try Aveeno, and/or Jason's thin to thick.

Mens Rea

Reaction score
taug. OMFG.

from reading your posts i thought ur hair was bad!!#

its not!!!

your hair is good!!! im shocked that its got to you so much i think you have become obsessed with the idea that your hair is bad. its not that bad at all, better than more on here from the pics ive seen!!!!

G

Hey guys,

it has been almost exactly nine months since I started with Finasteride. Initially I had great hopes but these are gone now that I am faced with the terrible reality. It is frustrating to see that nearly everybody in their story threads has at least maintained. I seem to be the only one whose hairloss is actually getting worse while on treatment.

Ok, enough talking, one picture says more than a thousand words. This is how my crown looked when I started in July 06:

And this is how it looks by now..... :cry:

This is my hairline:

My forehead is so huge, just disgusting. Like that no decent hairstyle is possible, obviously. If you take a close look you can also see the masses of minituarized shorter hairs at the beginning of my hairline.

Here we see my "hair" with some gel in it. For obvious reasons I don´t wear it like that in public particularly since we are having more and more sunny weather at the moment:

The last picture shows the most critical area at the moment. Sure, the crown may be worse, but I am still confident that finasteride can handle this. But this thinning in the middle is where everybody looks at first. It looks so ridiculously thin and makes me really old. I look like a clown. If it continues like that I will look like a devil with hair only at the right and the left side of my hairline. Damn, I have never seen anyone balding like that. I mean, this is the area where most hair losers have a strong island and that´s where I am thinning. Damn, what a lucky guy I am.....

On request I am gonna post pictures with my wet hair combed back in a few days. For those who are interested.

Well, the dramatic situation of my hair has lead me to take drastic decisions. I need to take the next step and go for dutasteride. I see no way how can I live with that kind of "hair".

I have also changed my regimen. I have skipped a few supplements since they probably are useless anyways. Only supps I take only for hair are Biotin and Silica. Apart from that I am also taking a Multivit, MSM, Green Tea Extract, L-Arginine and Fish oil, but more for general health and not exclusively hair related. As Shampoo I am either taking a mild baby shampoo or Nettle shampoo.

The backbone of my regimen at the moment is still 1mg of Fincar, but I am going for dutasteride in the next months. I hope I can get a perscription for Original Avodart, though I am not very optimistic.

Well, that´s it for now. Thx for reading and also thx to all guys who have helped and supported my so far. Let´s hope the best..... :(

P.S.:
I am among the "2%" with sexual problems while on finasteride. My sex drive is completely dead. Hair is more important to me than anything else, so I am not too concerned about it. Just for those who are interested.

pologuy514

Established Member
Reaction score
Taug,
Judging by your early photos you seem to have a larger forehead anyway. I do as well but that's just how we were born buddy. I've been on propecia for 9 months now and have maintained and had minimal growth. I'm going to stay on it for at least a year before I decide to look at any other treatments. Your hair doesn't look bad man. Best of luck.

-Pologuy

blondeguy

Established Member
Reaction score
Taugenichts said:
P.S.:
I am among the "2%" with sexual problems while on finasteride. My sex drive is completely dead. Hair is more important to me than anything else, so I am not too concerned about it.

:shock:

roki

Experienced Member
Reaction score
there's still alot of hair on this head ,your gonna be sorry for wasting your time when itll be worst

barcafan

Reaction score
yes the gelled pic is ugly, significant loss there. The hairline can easily be 'messed up' or combed to hide any thinning.

hair today gone tomorrow

Reaction score
If its any consolation....My hairloss pattern is somewhat similar taug...even tho you ARE more advanced than i am....

I have thinning at the crown...no recession and THINNING at the MIDDLE of my hairline just like you...I too have been on propecia for about 9 months and to me, my hairloss isnt any worse now than it was 9 months ago. It seems weird that the hair at the center of my hairline has thinned more than the hair at the temples....its the COMPLETE OPPOSITE of most people.

btw, my hair is curly/wavy like yours too.

edit: do you have similar hairline pics from before you started treatment? so we can compare?

G

pologuy,

this is my hairline from July 06 when I started treatment: