Taugenichts's Story - (pic updated on 10/21/07 on page 12)

G

I don´t wanna brag, but I think my head shape is a little bit similiar to David Beckham´s. Of course I don´t have such a pretty face. Even my hairline looks a little bit like his, though his one is slightly lower than mine.

MPBWarrior

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Dude, chill out! you´re 3 weeks within propecia treatment!! that´s nothing!! to be honest, you´re probably worse now than before u started because of shedding you´re probably going through! don´t worry, it should get better!!! your main concern now should be the sides. u should just be happy you´re 3 weeks on finasteride without sides. as for results... wait at least 6 months, but they should come!! if they don´t and u don´t have sides, i would try dutasteride. add some scalp exercises (link below), some topical anti-androgens, don´t bother with minoxidil since it does nothing for maintenance and your hair really doesn´t look that bad, and most importantly, forget about your hair for the next 6 months!! the key here is patience!! if people comment on your hair, which they shouldn´t because it really isn´t that bad, F--- THEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! good luck!!

templemonk

Established Member
Reaction score
dude, if you have nice headshape like him, just shave it.
i would if i had nice head shape.. i dont have that ugly one but i would def. shave it if i had a real nice shape.
your hair doesnt look that bad from the pics i see.
you must be concerned about your crown area i can see your skin without wetting it. mine is only on temple so i only have one option
finasteride! lets swallow and pray
god help us all!

ginald

Established Member
Reaction score
Taugenichts said:
I don´t wanna brag, but I think my head shape is a little bit similiar to David Beckham´s. Of course I don´t have such a pretty face. Even my hairline looks a little bit like his, though his one is slightly lower than mine.

that's great, fella.........just so long as your brain's not the same as herr beckham!!!!

Reaction score
Taugenichts said:
Hello newguy,

thx for the kind words. I think this type of hair loss seems to be pretty standard. Look at this guy: http://www.hairlosstalk.com/discussions ... hp?t=28359
also reminds me of my/our hair loss. The first pic could be mine .
Do you know why you are losing hair at the sides/back? On the one hand I think it is a good sign if it is Telogen Effluvium which can be overcome rather easy compared to MBP, on the other hand I am worried if it is not that Telogen Effluvium that I am thinning all over my head. :cry:

I am really sorry to hear about your generic fake. This sucks. What kind of "damage" did you notice in these 7 months? I hope not a heavy shed. But sounds good that you can see regrowth already after only 5 months!!! Do you also notice less shedding? This is my main goal for the first. in the long run I also hope for thickening and even regrowth of the hair line. You know what, the recession of my hair line must have happened rather recently and extremely fast. It happened that fast so MBP seems to have "forgotten" about 2 single hairs. Yes, there are exactly two single hairs left where my former hair line used to be. I am observing these two guys since about 4 weeks and they are still there. Two good, healthy and strong hairs reminding me of my former hair line. I am probably somehow crazy that I know where individual hair of mine are located. I even thought about giving them names :hairy: , but they symbolize my former glory, the thick and perfect hair of my teens and early twens. I will try to show them in a close-up pic with my three months update along with many other pics of my hair. But sure to check again in two months!

Good Luck to you!!!

sorry for the late respone, but when i frist started to take the fake finasteride, i didnt realize any difference in my hair loss only because i started my finasteride treatment early and had no signs of hairloss except for some slight recession. so when i switched to the generic finasteride (Fake) i took it for a full year and still didn't notice a thing because i assumed it was real and that it was doing its thing. but then one day when i started to see thin weak hairs for the first time i freaked out. wel, the damage has been done, if i had to put it in terms of percentage, i would have to say i lost about 20% of my hair's density.

now i am on my 5th month of proscar and the outcome is:

1)shedding at a constant rate of 15-20 hairs per day.
2)vellus hairs on my hairline.
3)finding some seriously thin hairs.
4)lost considerable amounts of hair from the sides and back. especially from the back.

overall, i think i am making some serious progress but i have an uphill battle. i am considering taking 2mg of finasteride per day.

G

Thanks for your encouraging words. It has truly resulted in me thinking more positive and optimistic.

About my hair loss: since about two weeks I am noticing less shedding. i find less hairs on my desk, when I am shampooing or just pulling my hands through my hair. it even looks as if my crown has slightly improved. Well, let´s wait and see. About side effects: My sex drive has decreased, but to me this is no concern at the moment. i will add l-arginine to my regimen which will hopefully give me some sexual energy back. That is the only true side effect I experience so far. And I have just ordered some powerful natural supplements for my regimen. MSM, Green tea extract, silica,.....It costed me more than 100 Euros. Let´s hope it is worth its price.

G

Update 9-23-2006:

Ok, I didn´t want to make an update until the three months mark, but since I am bored and don´t know for sure where I will be the next weeks I post some little news.

I am 2 months into finasteride and over the past weeks I was shedding less and less hairs. Now I am at a point where I only notice 2 hairs on my hands when showering (before it were like 10) or occasionally see one falling down on my keyboard. I would say that the amount of hair I am losing is the same as with pre-male pattern baldness times.
The vertex looks very good, at least under normal daylight. In the past weeks I didn´t only a lot of Norwood spotting, of even greater interest to me was getting a look on the back of people´s head and make a comparsion to my own head. And I have noticed that many non-male pattern baldness heads (children!!!) have a bald spot at the back of their heads. So I realized that my vertex is in pretty good shape actually. Also the itching has become much less.

So i am very happy with my finasteride. Ok, might be a good story, but it is not the (Happy) end yet. Now that I am less concerned about hair loss my depressions are coming back. I can´t concentrate, I feel weak, ugly and powerless, I am bored the whole day. My mental shape is really terrible right now. Since I can´t go on in my "life" with these feelings anymore I decided to do something and hence will check in another hospital in order to treat my depressions.
I will go there next Tuesday and won´t come back for the next few weeks so that I am not able to do a proper update at the three months mark.

My current regimen so far:
Finpecia
Supplements: Selenium, Silica, Multivitamines, Green tea extract, flaxseed
Topically: Borage oil against seborrhoic dermatitis
Shampoos:Nizoral or Terzolin and Baby shampoo

Boru

Established Member
Reaction score
Blokes. We are buying chemical, hormonal product. No-one is controling quality. We cannot take this stuff back to the shop. I have finasteride, nizoral etc from my doctor, at least I can sue the NHS. Thousands of desperate teenagers and twentysoms are probably inbibing poisons from unregulated, criminal websites.

Starscream

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Taugenichts said:
Update 9-23-2006:

Ok, I didn´t want to make an update until the three months mark, but since I am bored and don´t know for sure where I will be the next weeks I post some little news.

I am 2 months into finasteride and over the past weeks I was shedding less and less hairs. Now I am at a point where I only notice 2 hairs on my hands when showering (before it were like 10) or occasionally see one falling down on my keyboard. I would say that the amount of hair I am losing is the same as with pre-male pattern baldness times.
The vertex looks very good, at least under normal daylight. In the past weeks I didn´t only a lot of Norwood spotting, of even greater interest to me was getting a look on the back of people´s head and make a comparsion to my own head. And I have noticed that many non-male pattern baldness heads (children!!!) have a bald spot at the back of their heads. So I realized that my vertex is in pretty good shape actually. Also the itching has become much less.

So i am very happy with my finasteride. Ok, might be a good story, but it is not the (Happy) end yet. Now that I am less concerned about hair loss my depressions are coming back. I can´t concentrate, I feel weak, ugly and powerless, I am bored the whole day. My mental shape is really terrible right now. Since I can´t go on in my "life" with these feelings anymore I decided to do something and hence will check in another hospital in order to treat my depressions.
I will go there next Tuesday and won´t come back for the next few weeks so that I am not able to do a proper update at the three months mark.

Finpecia

Well it' s nice to read that you don' t find many hairs on your hands anymore when showering. That' s finasteride effects i think.
Did you notice any side effects?
For sure i noticed a reduced density of the sperm.
I can' t say instead if problems of having a really hard dick were due to finasteride or they were all paranoia.

Do you still have the black circles under your eyes?
About depression i don' t know what to say because i don' t know much about it.
But if it was caused by hair loss, how is it possible that it came back now that you are less concerned about your hair?

G

Starscream said:
Taugenichts said:
Update 9-23-2006:

Finpecia

Well it' s nice to read that you don' t find many hairs on your hands anymore when showering. That' s finasteride effects i think.
Did you notice any side effects?
For sure i noticed a reduced density of the sperm.
I can' t say instead if problems of having a really hard dick were due to finasteride or they were all paranoia.

Do you still have the black circles under your eyes?
About depression i don' t know what to say because i don' t know much about it.
But if it was caused by hair loss, how is it possible that it came back now that you are less concerned about your hair?

Side effects so far are an almost complete loss of libido. Though I am not sure whether it is actually caused by finasteride or is just my depressions. But at the moment my hair is more important than my sex drive (as weird it may sound to some people). Luckily, the black circles under my eyes went away almost completly.

Starscream

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Taugenichts said:
Side effects so far are an almost complete loss of libido. Though I am not sure whether it is actually caused by finasteride or is just my depressions. But at the moment my hair is more important than my sex drive (as weird it may sound to some people). Luckily, the black circles under my eyes went away almost completly.

Well i think this sounds really weird (or something worst) to most of the people but not to me. I understand it. I can only say that the most important thing is the reversibility of this presumed side effects so that, as soon as you want to take your sex drive back to the max, you can do it.

G

Exactly my thoughts. Why do I need a sex drive if I do not even have a girlfriends. If I happen to have one there is still enough time to think about what to do(probably L-Arginine or maybe even the good old v****). At the moment my hair is the most important thing in my life.

G

taugenichts, du hast es so gut. deine haare sehen so gut aus. mann mann mann. ich muss hart dafür arbeiten um so haare wiederzubekommen(oder ein bisschen bessere hoffentlcih) mensch. du hast es noch gut.

G

Erstmal danke, aber warte mal mein Update ab. In letzten 3 Monaten haben sich meine Haare sichtbar verschlechtert, die Fotos werden dem Ganzen auch nicht gerecht. Dass ich es NOCH besser als andere habe bestreite ich aber gar nicht und bin dafür auch dankbar.

G

Hello everybody. Finally i am able to make a 3 months update. I am a little bit this was because I didn´t have batteries for my digital camera. Ok, first we have the old pictures for comparsion:

Here we have the new pics. One of them says more than a thousand words:

For the last few days I have been thinking that my general density had improved and i was only unhappy about my high hairline and the huge forehead. But now after seeing these pics I don´t know what to do anymore. It hurts so much. No joke, but when I saw these pics I started crying . I guess I had just another mental breakdown. It is so terrible to see how much damage DHT has done to my hair in just 3 months. I am about to give up and just do nothing against my hair loss. I think I am gonna sit in my room, go bald and just kill myself. Thank you for reading and goodbye.

Follically Challenged

Experienced Member
Reaction score
3½ months ain't sh-t in fighting hairloss. Just because you have the odd incredible responder on this site like Hawaii Male doesn't mean you are losing. You have to give treatments like finasteride time. If your hairline has receded that might very well be a good sign.

"Stay the course" and add to your regimen if you can afford it.

G

Taug, have you always had a hairline that high? It looks about 3.25 inches above your eyebrows although I could be wrong.

tchehov

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Follically Challenged said:
3½ months ain't sh-t in fighting hairloss. Just because you have the odd incredible responder on this site like Hawaii Male doesn't mean you are losing. You have to give treatments like finasteride time. If your hairline has receded that might very well be a good sign.

"Stay the course" and add to your regimen if you can afford it.

FC is right, 3 months feels like forever when you're fixated on regrowth but it's not long in the lifetime of a regimen. It would be soooooo great to be an immediate responder but it just doesn't happen that way for most of us.

Stick with it, Tauge - you talked about giving it a year in another post. Give it that. I hate to say this but we don't have any choice really.