Stemson is going to use minipigs in the next stage of their hair cloning research

Joxy

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Omg the insane amount of money … i believe stemson solution might be very pricey and they find out how to automate it
It is still very new technology (iPSCs) and they are extremely expensive to produce them in labs.

werefckd

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Presumably this is where they are getting their asses kicked at the moment
kicked 1.png
kicked 2.png

werefckd

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I know I shouldn’t post this because you guys are going to run wild with this…

If you thought the imaginary tsuji treatment was expensive, how about this:

Getting one dose of clinical grade cells derived from iPSC currently costs ONE MILLION DOLLARS, lol

They expect the price to fall to $30K by 2025, which is a fraction of that but still a lot.

My guess is Stemson will likely subsidize their treatment in the beginning and run at a loss with the help of venture funding in order to scale. We will see, as long as the treatment works then anything else is possible

1633484055861.jpeg

surfer9

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
They expect the price to fall to $30K by 2025, which is a fraction of that but still a lot.

Would it be a 1 time thing where a NW6 can get a full head of hair for the rest of his life at the cost of $30k?

werefckd

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Would it be a 1 time thing where a NW6 can get a full head of hair for the rest of his life at the cost of $30k?
30k would be just for the manufacturing of the cells. Stemson would still need to assembly those cells in the right way too into thousands of units, and implant each one of them into our scalps

But yea it would turn a NW6 into whatever Norwood you would want. Don’t know about the other questions. Don’t know if it would be a 1 time thing, maybe we will need to do some maintenance each 5-10 years but it is just a guess.

Last edited:

froggy7

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Getting one dose of clinical grade cells derived from iPSC currently costs ONE MILLION DOLLARS, lol

My guess is Stemson will likely subsidize their treatment in the beginning and run at a loss with the help of venture funding in order to scale. We will see, as long as the treatment works then anything else is possible

View attachment 170865
haha people from here seriously thinks the treatment will be for the average joe:D

coolio

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
The average Joe would like to get his hair back for the the price of buying a different brand of shampoo. Everybody on this forum is willing to pay more than the average Joe is. Much more.

That means any new treatments will be priced low enough for us to afford it, if they possibly can. The only way we might get priced out of a new treatment is if the technology makes it impossible for the company do it affordably.

They won't choose to keep guys like us priced out. Not for very long.

froggy7

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
The average Joe would like to get his hair back for the the price of buying a different brand of shampoo. Everybody on this forum is willing to pay more than the average Joe is. Much more.

That means any new treatments will be priced low enough for us to afford it, if they possibly can. The only way we might get priced out of a new treatment is if the technology makes it impossible for the company do it affordably.

i hope so....

trialAcc

My Regimen
Reaction score

What health care solution is priced for the average joe? The average person in the USA can't even afford insulin without insurance because of how it's priced. Any hair solution will not have insurance.

The reason we don't have better solutions available is exactly because of the problem we've highlighted here. Normal people want to regrow/keep their appearance for 9$ a month. The real cost is probably closer to 900$ a month (like HMI will be priced), which is far more then the average person can afford.

This results in most developments being shelved due to to profitability forecasting.

froggy7

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
What health care solution is priced for the average joe? The average person in the USA can't even afford insulin without insurance because of how it's priced. Any hair solution will not have insurance.

The reason we don't have better solutions available is exactly because of the problem we've highlighted here. Normal people want to regrow/keep their appearance for 9$ a month. The real cost is probably closer to 900$ a month (like HMI will be priced), which is far more then the average person can afford.

This results in most developments being shelved due to to profitability forecasting.
there are no ugly people, there are only poor people, soon there will be no bald people, just poor people, there are also studies on the regeneration of growth plates and maybe short adults will be able to grow to their dream height - but all this will be for rich people, not for ordinary joe

Roeysdomi

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

View attachment 170865
If stemson didnt aim to reach normal range price the investors wouldnt invest. So we are fine. The only problem is that i suspect they still dont know how to make all the process automatic which is make it stuck from being a real thing , its has to be fully automatic , its the cure everyone would want hair ! . With hair transplant which so many ppl do these days only the ppl that have enough donor zone do it , imagin how many nw7 would get in line to get back to nw1

surfer9

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Man, I don't have enough donor. It's a joke. You can fix hairloss with hair transplant.... but for me I can't cos my hairloss is too fakked.

Maybe I find some dark brown sand and glue it to my head so it looks like a buzzcut.

genericwhitemale

My Regimen
Reaction score
Man, I don't have enough donor. It's a joke. You can fix hairloss with hair transplant.... but for me I can't cos my hairloss is too fakked.

Maybe I find some dark brown sand and glue it to my head so it looks like a buzzcut.

It depends really.

My friends brother had a transplant at 26, he was basically completely bald NW7 by 23/24. Didn't have much donor either as that had diffused too, but he went to Turkey and got a transplant and he looks a ton better than before even though he's still basically bald.

The difference is he now has a hairline and some limited density on top so even if you have major balding and thin donor there is some hope. Althogh if you are like froggy up there and only a dense NW0 is acceptable, then yeah, your pretty much doomed...

Joxy

Experienced Member
Reaction score

Safe and stable generation of induced pluripotent stem cells using doggybone DNA vectors​

The application of induced pluripotent stem cells (iPSC) in advanced therapies is increasing at pace, but concerns remain over their clinical safety profile. We report the first ever application of doggybone DNA (dbDNA™) vectors to generate human iPSC. dbDNA™ vectors are closed-capped linear double-stranded DNA gene expression cassettes that contain no bacterial DNA and are amplified using a chemically defined, cGMP compliant methodology. We achieved comparable iPSC reprogramming efficiencies using transiently expressing dbDNA™ vectors with the same iPSC reprogramming coding sequences as the state-of-the-art OriP/EBNA1 episomal vectors but, crucially, in the absence of p53 shRNA repression. Moreover, persistent expression of EBNA1 from bacterially-derived episomes resulted in stimulation of the interferon response, elevated DNA damage and increased spontaneous differentiation. These cellular activities were diminished or absent in dbDNA-iPSC resulting in lines with a greater stability and safety potential for cell therapy.

Full article: https://www.cell.com/molecular-ther...m/retrieve/pii/S232905012100156X?showall=true