Stemson is going to use minipigs in the next stage of their hair cloning research

Raccooner

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
they don't have to say anything to random people like us, but to investors
We know there's some confidential information. Spencer Kobren, from The Bald Truth, was told certain things about Stemson by Geoff Hamilton. He even admitted it on his show. There are definitely things going on with them they don't want to go around. The thing is not long ago they didn't mind telling the public about their results and dealing directly with questions from the public, now they've taken a 180 on that. I think they might have "struck oil" but are afraid of going public with it for fear of potentially losing it first to a competitor.

Super Metroid

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
We know there's some confidential information. Spencer Kobren, from The Bald Truth, was told certain things about Stemson by Geoff Hamilton. He even admitted it on his show. There are definitely things going on with them they don't want to go around. The thing is not long ago they didn't mind telling the public about their results and dealing directly with questions from the public, now they've taken a 180 on that. I think they might have "struck oil" but are afraid of going public with it for fear of potentially losing it first to a competitor.
There could be some truth to that logic, really good results on pigs would mean there is a serious chance that Stemson gets to have a monopoly in a potentially very profittable market. It could awaken savvy investors or narcissist billionaires to create their own company, scavenge Stemson's lead scientists an rush through trials.

It's like Sun Tzu, if you are far away, let the enemy think you are nearby and vice versa.

JohnDoe5

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Its was one of his latest interview on zoom . I think its on youtube.he said somthing about they still want to fully adjust it before jumping to human , also they want to to be with robot in the future so they probably doing some of the work for it
Please post a link to the interview you're talking about. I would like to see it for myself.

JohnDoe5

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Geoff Hamilton stated it would be 1-2 years for research and development and then another 1-2 years to get the robotics technology deals worked out to implant the cloned hairs. Bottom line is we have no statement from Stemson that they got the human hairs growing in the pigs. We get news about hiring people for developing the future human trials, yet they remain silent on their pig experiments. My logic tells me if they had success in their pig models to any degree then why would they be afraid to report it? Perhaps it could be other groups working with hiPSC technology and might beat them to the punch being first to develop a solution if it is known that the pig experiments were successful. This could be maybe the real reason behind the hush hush. Understand the thing is nobody is saying a word about the pig experiment results from the company. Not a yes or no answer. Just no comment at all. Like real conspiracy. This is no accident. Geoff likely told them all to zip it or get canned and face litigation. This is my guess.
Their recent hires with expertise in transitioning from preclinical trials to clinical trials mean a lot. It means they believe they will be moving their tech to clinical trials. If the pig trials are a bust they wouldn't see themselves moving their tech to clinical trials. They also said transitioning to clinical trials is their next step, which means a lot too.

I'm not asking to see the interview where Geoff Hamilton said it would take another year or two to work out the robotics but please post the link where Geoff Hamilton stated it would be 1 - 2 years for research and development. I do not believe this is true. I don't think he stated that specific detail.

Last edited:

Raccooner

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Their recent hires with expertise in transitioning from preclinical trials to clinical trials mean a lot. It means they believe they will be moving their tech to clinical trials. If the pig trials are a bust they wouldn't see themselves moving their tech to clinical trials. They also said transitioning to clinical trials is their next step, which means a lot too.

I'm not asking to see the interview where Geoff Hamilton said it would take another year or two to work out the robotics but please post the link where Geoff Hamilton stated it would be 1 - 2 years for research and development. I do not believe this is true. I don't think he stated that specific detail.
Here it is: Stemson Therapeutics Interview Part 3 - Human Trials When? - YouTube

JohnDoe5

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
This interview goes back to early December 2021. That's 6 months ago. A lot can happen in 6 months. It's possible that in the past 6 months they got better results than they expected in the pig studies so they're moving up their timeline.

I still don't think they would be hiring staff adept at transitioning to clinical studies unless they foresee transitioning to clinical trials.

That having been said, I agree with you that 6 months ago he said that 2 years would be an optimistic take on when clinical trials could start. It sux. I hope they got the kind of results in pig studies to speed up their timeline or else we've got a long wait.

Super Metroid

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

My next step is to become a billionaire, but that doesn't mean I am anywhere close :)

Who are those hires with specific knowledge in human clinical trials?

Gump

My Regimen
Reaction score
This interview goes back to early December 2021. That's 6 months ago. A lot can happen in 6 months. It's possible that in the past 6 months they got better results than they expected in the pig studies so they're moving up their timeline.

I still don't think they would be hiring staff adept at transitioning to clinical studies unless they foresee transitioning to clinical trials.

That having been said, I agree with you that 6 months ago he said that 2 years would be an optimistic take on when clinical trials could start. It sux. I hope they got the kind of results in pig studies to speed up their timeline or else we've got a long wait.

Keep in mind that's his estimate to BEGIN clinical trials. Unless they get some sort of accelerated approval or trial usage, I think this is at least 10 years from being publicly available if everything goes well (big if), and even that could be optimistic.

Last edited:

JohnDoe5

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Keep in mind that's his estimate to BEGIN clinical trials. Unless they get some sort of accelerated approval or trial usage, I think this is at least 10 years from being publicly available if everything goes well (big if), and even that could be optimistic.

I don't think it's 10 years and I don't think they'll get accelerated approval in the US but they could get accelerated approval in Asia.

Super Metroid

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Their latest hires have been: Sabrina Maisel, PhD & Kelly Rubin. These are some other notable people they've hired recently: Stemson Therapeutics Announces Additions To Its Scientific Advisory Board | Business Wire
I googled them, Kelly Rubin is a relatively recent University graduate. Possibly very talented, but I don't think she already has that much experience with clinical trial processes.

About Maisel, this is her LinkedIn profile: https://www.linkedin.com/in/sabrina-maisel-89314036/

Also, possibly a great researcher and communicator, but not necessarily somebody with specific knowledge in human trials.

So far, I do not see how the recent hires are a clear sign that human trials are immenent.

froggy7

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
that's why I signed up for cryonics, it will be the worst thing to die and otherwise hope, and you see how the dawn changes for the better, do you imagine dying when you discover how to make a man beautiful perfect strong with unlimited amount of healthy hair?

Super Metroid

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
that's why I signed up for cryonics, it will be the worst thing to die and otherwise hope, and you see how the dawn changes for the better, do you imagine dying when you discover how to make a man beautiful perfect strong with unlimited amount of healthy hair?
If everybody here would get 1 follicle for the times you mentioned that you "signed up for cryonics", we would already have achieved it ;)

Super Metroid

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
If they said that then that's not a good thing because some of us can't use minoxidil or finasteride.
As far as we know, they are currently testing in pigs. Nobody simple knows if it will even work in humans and if so, if maintenance drugs will be required to keep it.

froggy7

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
"Geoff Hamilton: That is a good question. It is on our mind, and the idea is to generate long lasting, durable hair follicles, and some of the biology behind DHT resistance is not yet known. And so, as we are performing our experiments and biological discoveries, we’re actually collecting donated hair follicles from patients getting hair transplant procedures and those follicles which are extracted from the back of the head are known to be DHT resistant when they are moved to the recipient location of the head, and they have shown to be long lasting and durable. So, we are using those donated hair follicles for several reasons: 1) it helps us establish a benchmark when establishing our hair cells. We ask, ‘what do they look like compared to normal adult hair follicle cells?’ and 2) it gives us a source of material that helps us look deeper into ‘what is DHT resistance?’ and ‘how does that compare to hairs that are not DHT resistant?’ And the strategy for exactly how we’re going to do that is not crystal clear just yet, it is in the plan; we are frankly just a bit more focused at the moment on consistently, reproducibly building a hair follicle. At the second phase we will focus on DHT resistance and the aesthetic value of the hair – subjects like thickness of hair, color and curl. That is the kind of stuff that I would call the second phase of development. "