Stemson is going to use minipigs in the next stage of their hair cloning research

RagnarLothbrok

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
no cloning for you NW4s+
1658243732405.png

HMI 115 IS THE CURE dude

My Regimen
Reaction score
They (Stemson) keep hiring but what are they doing? That's what they won't tell us. I don't care if they hire 1000 new scientists, researchers or jugglers. I'd rather they hire those with a background in hair, skin and cell anatomy, who understand what's wrong and have the fixes needed. I really don't know why Geoff has confidence that his new hires are going to accomplish anything. It to me looks like he's buying lottery tickets with his hires, hoping one will hit, but the likelihood is next to zero from what I read in these recent biographies. The company at this rate will probably go bust from overextending their budget. That's what worries me. I hope I'm wrong and that these hires will accomplish something needed to advance us to a cure.
I agree their research team is really weak sadly

Super Metroid

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
They (Stemson) keep hiring but what are they doing? That's what they won't tell us. I don't care if they hire 1000 new scientists, researchers or jugglers. I'd rather they hire those with a background in hair, skin and cell anatomy, who understand what's wrong and have the fixes needed. I really don't know why Geoff has confidence that his new hires are going to accomplish anything. It to me looks like he's buying lottery tickets with his hires, hoping one will hit, but the likelihood is next to zero from what I read in these recent biographies. The company at this rate will probably go bust from overextending their budget. That's what worries me. I hope I'm wrong and that these hires will accomplish something needed to advance us to a cure.
I am pretty sure that Stemson would also prefer to just hire those people that just understand what is wrong and have the fixes needed. For a novel product like they are developing, those people are just not that easy to come by if at all available.

Hamilton himself admitted, to his honesty, that they would need several years before they can move on to human trials. It is therefore safe to assume they are nowhere near close to a solution. The fact that people are still so onto this is baffling to me.

On the surface, it seems positive that they are hiring. More smart people can see, develop and accomplish more than less. Whether these are the right hires and they are financially stable enough is beyond our knowledge.

JohnDoe5

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Why do you say that ?
Two things -

1. Awhile ago they said something about continuing pig studies until they can make it work right in pigs. When they said that it sounded like it wasn't working right in pig studies.

2. It seems like it's been in pig studies quite awhile so it seems like if it was going well in pig studies they would be wrapping them up by now and prepping to go into human studies.

I think their treatment may be failing.

Last edited:

Yarkira

My Regimen
Reaction score
They're building ML models to actually do the transplanting by means of integrating robotics. A machine will be trained to map natural hair patterns and implant the synthetic scaffolds.
Just found this thread (I don't know how I missed it). I should say, this sounds great. I've recently read about the approaches based on machine learning (though mostly about in art generation) and I was very impressed. But I didn't know ML models will be used to do hair transplanting. I'm sure several years ago most people couldn't even imagine this might have been real.

Ralph Wiggum

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Epibiotech CEO Jong-Hyuk Sung’s presentation on the progress of his EPI-001 cell therapy was likely the main attraction of the conference. Sung shared that injections of EPI-001, which is composed of human dermal papilla cells, were able to increase hair count by 40% and hair diameter by 30% in pig skin after one month. It is prudent to point out that the increase in hair growth was native pig hair; this is the conclusion we can come up with from the limited information.