Stemson is going to use minipigs in the next stage of their hair cloning research

Roeysdomi

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Stemson or some other company, why would that be such a big problem? Making cloned hair grow on a human head is the biggest problem to solve, making it dht resistant shouldn't be so hard to solve after that.
Also its took your hair unresistent hair 20 years to go , so if they create this type of hair your set for years

froggy7

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Stemson or some other company, why would that be such a big problem? Making cloned hair grow on a human head is the biggest problem to solve, making it dht resistant shouldn't be so hard to solve after that.
i hope so!

scientist_0005

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
"
1. They still need to learn how to control the hair quality.
2. The hair is still not dht restitent
3. They probbly know how to do it “by hands” but they trying to find a way to scale this thing up.
4. The hair probbly dosent survive many cycle which is the part he mention is chalenge not to lose the cells the produce the hair, which is way you saw the hair on mice but who know how many cycle the hair survived… "
you are completely misunderstanding what he said about 4.

werefckd

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
not lose cell is referring to when they go from the stem cells to the dermal papilla cells some do not behave and convert correctly
Exactly.

And they never said that the hairs they are creating are not dht resistant, just that they don't know for sure and that it is not a matter that they are focusing now. There is also a chance their hairs can ultra dht resistant too, we just don't know yet.

Geoff stated clearly in his last interview that their focus know is optimize their processes to be able to produce hairs *consistently*. After they achieve that they will start focusing on the customization of the hair characteristics and attributes.

werefckd

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
The cell conversion that Stemson is doing has 3 steps:

bloods cells --> iPSCs
iPSCs --> neural crest cells
neural crest cells --> dp cells

And each step takes weeks

(not sure about how they get epithelial cells)

Also, I think they need to multiply/expand/clone the iPSCs obtained from the blood before reprograming it do become nc cells, and this would be an extra stage in between all that.

In a nutshell, they are taking your blood and reprograming it do become hair follicle cells, then they implant it in your head and new hair will grow. But as you can see there is a lot going on under the hood.

It is no surprise it is taking a considerable amount of time for them to be able to do all this consistently. They are probably having to create/adapt their own tools and equipment since all this tech is so new and cutting edge.

Last edited:

scientist_0005

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
i wouldnt say that, they dont know how to create dht resisitant hair
and what would make you believe that this is the hard part? do you know that much about biology? for all we know, taking blood cells, transferring viral dna with a bunch of stem like transcription factors to dedifferentiate those cells into pluripotent ones, then differentiate them into neural crest cells and then into functional DP cells consistently may be way harder than making them less suceptible to androgens. it certainly doea not sound like a walk in the park. i think a big hurdle will in fact be regulations because IPCs are not as well resewrched yet having been discovered only 10 years ago. they are not considered for paralyzation of the central nervous system as of right now even though thwy would be a great source for neuroepithelial cells, neural stem cells thqt coule in theory regenerate the spinal cord. why is it not here? there is a bog risk with this treatment because these IPC cells have cell memory, its not natural for a cell to dedifferentiate like this and the blood cell might have genes upregulated that could then cause cancer in the spinal cord whoch would be insanely deadly. second issue is the high cost.

frankly i do not understand why stemson is not going the tsuji way as DP cells CAN at lewst be cultured and you can even maintain inductivity. you cannot culture neurons at all, they cannot even proliferate. so you rely on stem cells either embroynic or with IPCs. but stemson could do it like tsuji and avoid all this differention burden and they should be dht resistant even.

does anyone understand what great value they see in this?

scientist_0005

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
The cell conversion that Stemson is doing has 3 steps:

bloods cells --> iPSCs
iPSCs --> neural crest cells
neural crest cells --> dp cells

And each step takes weeks

(not sure about how they get epithelial cells)

Also, I think they need to multiply/expand/clone the iPSCs obtained from the blood before reprograming it do become nc cells, and this would be an extra stage in between all that.

In a nutshell, they are taking your blood and reprograming it do become hair follicle cells, then they implant it in your head and new hair will grow. But as you can see there is a lot going on under the hood.

It is no surprise it is taking a considerable amount of time for them to be able to do all this consistently. They are probably having to create/adapt their own tools and equipment since all this tech is so new and cutting edge.
i think they get the epithelial cells from the mice just surgically? not sure if stemson has done fully human attempts on skin of mice it should be in their paper though

froggy7

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
"frankly i do not understand why stemson is not going the tsuji way as DP cells CAN at lewst be cultured and you can even maintain inductivity. you cannot culture neurons at all, they cannot even proliferate. so you rely on stem cells either embroynic or with IPCs. but stemson could do it like tsuji and avoid all this differention burden and they should be dht resistant even.

does anyone understand what great value they see in this?"

a very good question for an interview with Alexey, if ever there is a possibility

froggy7

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
this medicine if it ever comes out will be for the next generations, not for people 20+, at least 5 years for human trials

scientist_0005

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
this medicine if it ever comes out will be for the next generations, not for people 20+, at least 5 years for human trials
whats the f*****g point of this sentence all the time? this thread is like a train wreck, constant repetition. why would it not be for someone 20yo? do 30xear olds no go bald? oh i forgot, iT tAkEs 56 yEraS For TheM To FiNisH TriAls

froggy7

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
whats the f*****g point of this sentence all the time? this thread is like a train wreck, constant repetition. why would it not be for someone 20yo? do 30xear olds no go bald? oh i forgot, iT tAkEs 56 yEraS For TheM To FiNisH TriAls
Tsuji only needs to do phase 3 and if it works that’s it. We got the cure. I know the crowdfunding data will be published this October but it seems unreal that being so close to achieving the cure nothing has happened yet nor has any company shown an interest in Tsuji’s research.

Hair are needed at any age, but everything tastes best when you are young

Roeysdomi

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Tsuji only needs to do phase 3 and if it works that’s it. We got the cure. I know the crowdfunding data will be published this October but it seems unreal that being so close to achieving the cure nothing has happened yet nor has any company shown an interest in Tsuji’s research.

Hair are needed at any age, but everything tastes best when you are young
The price of tsuji is way to high.
I think tsuji is not there for the money rather then for the medical breakthrough.
Ppl need to stop mention him , tsuji solution is the same as histogen (its over..) .
The only relevent players are stemson and yokohama university.

froggy7

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
The price of tsuji is way to high.
I think tsuji is not there for the money rather then for the medical breakthrough.
Ppl need to stop mention him , tsuji solution is the same as histogen (its over..) .
The only relevent players are stemson and yokohama university.
Tsujis solution is the same as histogen?

scientist_0005

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
i think tsuji was the best solution. i wonder what is up with sleepy dopey christiano and the like who have done ground research for years and years and nothing to show for. higgins has done some interesting research as well with the 3 D culturing of the DP cells where they showed you can keep inducitivity during culture but only when you culture in a sphere. but they got no product at all

froggy7

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
i think tsuji was the best solution. i wonder what is up with sleepy dopey christiano and the like who have done ground research for years and years and nothing to show for. higgins has done some interesting research as well with the 3 D culturing of the DP cells where they showed you can keep inducitivity during culture but only when you culture in a sphere. but they got no product at all
maybe he is not dead yet, what is the difference beetwen his and yokohama solution?

Roeysdomi

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
In sceince there ppl that do it for the bussnies , and ppl that do it for the articles.
Tsuji and christiano are both for the articles.
Stemsons actually do it to solve it (bussniess)