Stemson is going to use minipigs in the next stage of their hair cloning research

Pls_NW-1

My Regimen
Reaction score
"Does this mean they try to make the follicle permanent and not susceptible to Androgenetic Alopecia!? This would match then with the Fortunis guy, making claims that it will give a natural density/hairline, that the hair will stay permanently and won't bald ever. Someone remember that phrase and can elaborate it!? "
That's just my theory after reading and re-reading much stuff the past months. Stemson's approach could achieve resistant follicles or easily as well NOT. I think I mentioned why so in the post history of this thread as well.

We need more papers, details and studies to understand it better. And a proper statement from the team if it is INDEED RESISTANT.

jan_miezda

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hair doesn't turn into cancer. There is no known mechanism for that.

Watch Terskiskh's interview from Oct 2020. According to them, the worst case scenario is if the hair follicle germs don't turn into actually hair follicles (or that they turn into hair follicles but later "undifferentiate" and stop producing hairs) and become ordinary skin cells.

Again, there won't be any multiplication/cloning going on in the scalp. That part is happening in the lab only. Once you get a hair follicle germ from the factory then the multiplication/cloning part is over.
there can be the case where mutated cells arise but he spoke about them finding ways to be able to identify them. They are culturing them
In optimal conditions without uv light or other mutating factors so I think the chance is low

Mighty

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Eh. I don’t think that it works like that lol.

It has to be backed up if the treatment is the REAL cause or if it even had a supportive role for the cancer to occur.

Finasteride is the best example for such cases, the treatments/prodecure's side effect's and within that people's (psychosomatic) opinion, such as the PFS lol.

Yet, Finasteride is a praised medication and all over the market lol
I was saying that the investigation would take some time, even if it was just a fluke. Hair cloning is a technology that sounds and smells like conspiracy theories about cancer.

Pls_NW-1

My Regimen
Reaction score
I was saying that the investigation would take some time, even if it was just a fluke. Hair cloning is a technology that sounds and smells like conspiracy theories about cancer.
Very true. Sorry, might be then heavily missinterpreting.

Pls_NW-1

My Regimen
Reaction score
"Such devices cost between $25,000 and $75,000 (not including maintenance and repair)"

I found this yesterday on Google Chrome's cache (yes, I am a freak), and I think this sounds pretty realistic.

I don't actually know what they mean by 'devices', but I assume it's the scaffold.

The maintenance part lets me think of the fact that either the follicles won't be identical to the occipital one's, susceptible to androgens, or will just reach their limit in terms of cycling due to being bio-engineered.

trialAcc

My Regimen
Reaction score
"Such devices cost between $25,000 and $75,000 (not including maintenance and repair)"

I found this yesterday on Google Chrome's cache (yes, I am a freak), and I think this sounds pretty realistic.

I don't actually know what they mean by 'devices', but I assume it's the scaffold.

The maintenance part lets me think of the fact that either the follicles won't be identical to the occipital one's, susceptible to androgens, or will just reach their limit in terms of cycling due to being bio-engineered.
I would assume maint/repair would be follicles that grew in poorly (wrong direction) and needed to be removed or didn't grow at all. The growth rate is not going to be 100%, similar to hair transplants and you'd probably need top ups for it.

Where did you find this in the cache? I agree though this is exactly the price range I was assuming based on their investment call.

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score

Isn't this referring to the implantation device?

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
i thought the same, so cost of new hair would be from 25k to 75k$ or it is only the cost of the device?
The device would be used for many years so the cost would be spread across thousands of patients. This would be the smallest part of the cost.

Pls_NW-1

My Regimen
Reaction score
I would assume maint/repair would be follicles that grew in poorly (wrong direction) and needed to be removed or didn't grow at all. The growth rate is not going to be 100%, similar to hair transplants and you'd probably need top ups for it.

Where did you find this in the cache? I agree though this is exactly the price range I was assuming based on their investment call.
I agree on the points you made. Repair sounds plausible, not all follicles would survive in the transplant process.

As I said, I found it in Chrome's Cache. I forgot copying the link :(, but I copied that paragraph xD. The cache had content of on-going research projects, trying to solve hair loss.

Pls_NW-1

My Regimen
Reaction score
Isn't this referring to the implantation device?
I honestly don't know. This was the only additional info I found in the cache next to Stemson being mentioned there... :(

Anyways, I guess so, yeah? You pay for the device to transplant you xy follicles/to fulfill the procedure. The more you want, the more you pay. Ig that was meant by 'devices".

Hasn't Stemson talked about developing a robot to transplant!? Someone mentioned that in the thread's post history...

Pls_NW-1

My Regimen
Reaction score
The device would be used for many years so the cost would be spread across thousands of patients. This would be the smallest part of the cost.
Oh, I had not read your other (this one) post yet. :eek:
Yeah that's pretty much it, I guess.

Pls_NW-1

My Regimen
Reaction score
"
HLC2020: How do you plan to administer the treatment? A proprietary device?

Dr. Terskikh: Initially this will be done manually by the doctors. Eventually, we are discussing the development of biomedical robotic machines that will be doing the transplantation automatically."

If robots will do the treatment, I could imagine reaching perfect density.

NorwoodGuardian

Established Member
Reaction score
I hope it won't end up being like Tsuji. So far they are alike that they plan a trial, throw out a random number as price of treatment before that. I remain prudently optimistic.

Pls_NW-1

My Regimen
Reaction score
Autologous stem cell transplants, such as the first product, Stemson is striving for, are made out of the own patients (peripheral) cells, taken out of blood samples (and/or skin samples as well).

Allogeneic stem cell transplants, such as the second product, Stemson is striving for, are made out of banked cells.
My guess is that people can donate (stem) cells, and because of that they are pretty much randomized.

Both methods/products can be a permanent solution for male pattern baldness, it just depends if the cells are from a non-balding person, or if the new follicles resemble the characteristics of the occipital HF's.

The first product may be more costly, because it's a patient-specific method.

However, I wonder how Stemson is going to make the second product work, when using someone else's cells. The immune rejection is still a problem, that's as well the reason why there is no normal transplant, on an allogeneic basis, performed yet (using someone else's donor hair), to see if someone's hair from a non-Androgenetic Alopecia scalp can survive on an Androgenetic Alopecia-suffering scalp.

Hope this clarifies.

Roeysdomi

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Since when we assume stemson already solve the cloning problems?
Remember its huge challence and no one made it yet.

and tsuji in my opnion is more advanced them stemson.

stemson still may faill in the clinical trails , we need to be with the right mindset.

tsuji made us belive that in 2020 this nightmare would be over .

it dosent , untill we see it and the news all over the world

Pls_NW-1

My Regimen
Reaction score
yes but stemson is more confident imo, and i trust much more Alexey than Tsuji, btw stemson is focused only on hair cloning, and they are doing preclinical researches on pig model, not mouse model as others
They already said that they aim to focus on more things besides hair, if they succeed.

And imo Stemson will deliver a 'cure' someday. Even if they may fail, they will try to fix it and continue with their R&D. The only way they'll stop is, when they won't get further funding etc, so they'll have to close shop. And that will happen if investors see nothing but failure in 'em.