Stemson is going to use minipigs in the next stage of their hair cloning research

Pls_NW-1

My Regimen
Reaction score
and then wait for allogenic transplant....can we be able to choose colour, thickness of new haiir? according to what Alexey said in interview from hlc2020 it will be no problem, any news about it?
they literally didnt test it out yet lmao. It can end up not working... + immune rejection. How will they be able to overome this?! You can´t just take life-long immune-surpressors lol

trialAcc

My Regimen
Reaction score
@trialAcc You are smarter than any of us (in this topic). Your opinion?
I wouldn't say that, I don't understand the science at all. To me, it sounds like wealthy people are about to have a quick and permanent solution to hairloss in the next 2-5 years while the plebs have to wait a decade plus.

Based on that pitch deck, product one is going to be what we've all been thinking it would be. Autologous means they will be taking your own blood samples/cells and cultivating them to grow you brand new follicles. Fastest path to market because it will be a niche service that is offered at participating clinics similar to PRP/exosomes. Also the most expensive, probably the insane price tags akin to what Tsuji quoted (100-400k) or similar. Seems that with no mention of trials that it may not require clinical trials at all (which would be amazing even if unaffordable) because of how it's preformed using a patients own blood cultures.

Product two seems like a similar procedure, however, allogeneic means they will not be your own cells. Similar to a blood transfusion or bone marrow transplant, they will be using banked cell cultures from other people to preform the same procedure. Specifically mentions clinical trials because they'll 100% need to show that the body doesn't experience an acute immune reaction and reject the new cells lines. COGS is the costs associated with the product, so it would be 5-10x cheaper to preform on the side of the service provider. We'd need more info here because I don't understand how they would turn banked generic cells into the same hair type as every person getting this. I'm assuming that the allogeneic cell-lines are not the ones that determine the characteristics of the hair, and that part would come from your own contribution to the process.

Product 3 confuses me. Sounds like it will be a hair loss prevention drug that prevents the DP cells from being degraded and thus preventing hairloss. However the next point mentions hair removal, so who knows.

Last edited:

eeyore

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I wouldn't say that, I don't understand the science at all. To me, it sounds like wealthy people are about to have a quick and permanent solution to hairloss in the next 2-5 years while the plebs have to wait a decade plus.

Based on that pitch deck, product one is going to be what we've all been thinking it would be. Autologous means they will be taking your own blood samples/cells and cultivating them to grow you brand new follicles. Fastest path to market because it will be a niche service that is offered at participating clinics similar to PRP/exosomes. Also the most expensive, probably the insane price tags akin to what Tsuji quoted (100-400k) or similar. Seems that with no mention of trials that it may not require clinical trials at all (which would be amazing even if unaffordable) because of how it's preformed using a patients own blood cultures.

Product two seems like a similar procedure, however, allogeneic means they will not be your own cells. Similar to a blood transfusion or bone marrow transplant, they will be using banked cell cultures from other people to preform the same procedure. Specifically mentions clinical trials because they'll 100% need to show that the body doesn't experience an acute immune reaction and reject the new cells lines. COGS is the costs associated with the product, so it would be 5-10x cheaper to preform on the side of the service provider. We'd need more info here because I don't understand how they would turn banked generic cells into the same hair type as every person getting this. I'm assuming that the allogeneic cell-lines are not the ones that determine the characteristics of the hair, and that part would come from your own contribution to the process.

Product 3 confuses me. Sounds like it will be a hair loss prevention drug that prevents the DP cells from being degraded and thus preventing hairloss. However the next point mentions hair removal, so who knows.
You think they'd be able to get a somewhat viable cure through trials and even small scale commercialization within 5 years, assuming they're on the right track?

trialAcc

My Regimen
Reaction score
You think they'd be able to get a somewhat viable cure through trials and even small scale commercialization within 5 years, assuming they're on the right track?
I'm not sure what to think, but the fact that "Product 1" in that pitch deck didn't mention clinical trials while saying "fastest path to commercialization" and the second product specifically says clinical trials tells me they think they can do the high-end procedure without traditional human trials. For all we know, they could be trying this out on volunteers this year after the pig research is concluded and perhaps offering it publicly a year or so after.

I don't think anyone can read "high end clients" and "premium pricing" and not think this is going to easily cost into the 6 figures, though. So within 5 years? Yeah it seems that way. Affordable? Probably not.

eeyore

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm not sure what to think, but the fact that "Product 1" in that pitch deck didn't mention clinical trials while saying "fastest path to commercialization" and the second product specifically says clinical trials tells me they think they can do the high-end procedure without traditional human trials. For all we know, they could be trying this out on volunteers this year after the pig research is concluded and perhaps offering it publicly a year or so after.

I don't think anyone can read "high end clients" and "premium pricing" and not think this is going to easily cost into the 6 figures, though. So within 5 years? Yeah it seems that way. Affordable? Probably not.
Ah cool, didn't think about it that way. I think for many of us, even if we can't get/afford it, knowing a cure exists will be a huge weight off our backs knowing it's only a matter of time.

H

Reaction score
Ah cool, didn't think about it that way. I think for many of us, even if we can't get/afford it, knowing a cure exists will be a huge weight off our backs knowing it's only a matter of time.
I feel like thats not what the vibe will be lol. People don't generally feel good for other people being able to afford personally meaningful things that they themselves cannot afford now or maybe ever.

eeyore

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Well if there's a cure in the first place that'd be a huge relief because it'd only be a matter of time until everyone can get it, or worst case is we'd have to save up to get it as there's now a definite "do this and you get your hair back" target. At least that's how I see it.

trialAcc

My Regimen
Reaction score
Well if there's a cure in the first place that'd be a huge relief because it'd only be a matter of time until everyone can get it, or worst case is we'd have to save up to get it as there's now a definite "do this and you get your hair back" target. At least that's how I see it.
Ferraris exist too, but owning one isn't achievable for 95%+ of people in a realistic situation. Would you feel the same about hair if only the wealthy were able to regain their locks and the other 95% had no real way of achieving it? Kinda sounds like where this is headed lol

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
I don't think Stemson will be six figures.

eeyore

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Ferraris exist too, but owning one isn't achievable for 95%+ of people in a realistic situation. Would you feel the same about hair if only the wealthy were able to regain their locks and the other 95% had no real way of achieving it? Kinda sounds like where this is headed lol
Well if I really wanted a Ferrari I could get one, and I'm pretty sure most other people could too given some years and some sacrifices, so yeah I'd still be pretty happy knowing there's a an end in sight to hair loss and that I'd just have to work towards it.

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
it would be nice, more clients, if they cure baldness they will be rich anyway, and of course famous forever:)))
Would they really? Does anyone remember the first person that came out with lasik? That was arguably a bigger deal than this. Curing hairloss seems like a more achievable goal and less important.

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
"Premium pricing", "High end clients". Smells like 6 figures to me.
50k wouldn't qualify as premium pricing? That's more than most people spend on their car, and they take out a 7 year loan for that

eeyore

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Would they really? Does anyone remember the first person that came out with lasik? That was arguably a bigger deal than this. Curing hairloss seems like a more achievable goal and less important.
My dick is so hard for the day hair cloning becomes a casual afternoon procedure like Lasik.

trialAcc

My Regimen
Reaction score
50k wouldn't qualify as premium pricing? That's more than most people spend on their car, and they take out a 7 year loan for that
It would, but people already spend that on hair transplants and this is a premium service compared to that.

eeyore

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
that's no reason why it has to be more expensive. It can still be in the same framework. Both would then be for premium customers. That doesn't necessarily mean that it has to be the most expensive. It's like Tesla manufacturing premium cars for premium customers, they don't necessarily have to be more expensive than those from Mercedes. In addition, the other hair surgeons are alone, Stemson can scale much better.
I think it'll be more expensive because of all the labor involved. Taking a blood draw, doing their conversion thing, then loading each loliup seems more labor intensive than extracting fue grafts.

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
I think it'll be more expensive because of all the labor involved. Taking a blood draw, doing their conversion thing, then loading each loliup seems more labor intensive than extracting fue grafts.
It will be mostly automated, so less labor intensive than a hair transplant. There process is less complex than Tsuji's. I could see it being six figures in the first year if they only have it in one or two clinics, but as soon as it gets into more clinics there's no reason the price couldn't come down quickly. The average hair transplant is $4,000-15,000. Some customers spend as much as $50,000, but those are the high-end customers. This will require less skill from the surgeon which is the biggest part of the cost of traditional transplants. Imagine if you could just go to any surgeon and get the same work done. That will pretty much be the case, it's basically mass production hair transplants. Eventually the cost will be more along the lines of an average priced hair transplant, but that will take many years.

Norwoody

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
That feel when this pig has more hair than you

gottingen-minipig-front-white-background-10929937.jpg
1300 × 1165

trialAcc

My Regimen
Reaction score
It will be mostly automated, so less labor intensive than a hair transplant. There process is less complex than Tsuji's. I could see it being six figures in the first year if they only have it in one or two clinics, but as soon as it gets into more clinics there's no reason the price couldn't come down quickly. The average hair transplant is $4,000-15,000. Some customers spend as much as $50,000, but those are the high-end customers. This will require less skill from the surgeon which is the biggest part of the cost of traditional transplants. Imagine if you could just go to any surgeon and get the same work done. That will pretty much be the case, it's basically mass production hair transplants. Eventually the cost will be more along the lines of an average priced hair transplant, but that will take many years.
Wouldn't the skill be the same? Sure you have more density to work with and the technique wont be as extensive to look good, but you still need the hairs to be placed as if they were natural or it will still look like sh*t.