Stemson is going to use minipigs in the next stage of their hair cloning research

trialAcc

My Regimen
Reaction score
It's kinda weird tho saying the hair will never bald again and other claims when you haven't even made human clinical trials, nor even showed any kind of proof of concept on humans... kinda suspicious, in my eyes.
That's their company goal/mission, there is nothing suspicious about it, nor is it a lie if they think that is the end result of their science.

Pls_NW-1

My Regimen
Reaction score
That's their company goal/mission, there is nothing suspicious about it, nor is it a lie if they think that is the end result of their science.
Imo it can make huge damage. You shouldn't make huge claims without proof or anything else. It can shoot overnight backfire lol.

trialAcc

My Regimen
Reaction score
Imo it can make huge damage. You shouldn't make huge claims without proof or anything else. It can shoot overnight backfire lol.
Allergan tried to acquire these guys already after verifying their science and they declined, and instead opted for a seed investment and a potential future partnership to commercialize.

You guys are just speculating on useless semantics at this point, who cares what verbiage they use and whether or not the follicles will be resistant to balding or not. If the procedure works at all it will be the most effective and advanced hair treatment ever developed, so just be patient and see what happens.

Pls_NW-1

My Regimen
Reaction score
it is very importany if follicles will be dht resistant or not, this is a main question
I mean, if Stemson is capable of creating unlimited follicles, it's not a big deal if they aren't. You can easily get the procedure done every 10-15 years or even 2-5 years, meanhwile using an topical AA, in future we will def. have even topical AR degraders.

Pls_NW-1

My Regimen
Reaction score
200,000 $ every few years? I don't sh*t gold bricks...
Balding will be cured anyways in 100 years and we will live way longery by 2100 (if the planet still exists lmao). If you're lucky like me, and still young, you might experience great things in your lifetime, in terms of hairloss and male pattern baldness.

trialAcc

My Regimen
Reaction score
it is very importany if follicles will be dht resistant or not, this is a main question
No, it's really not because there is an unlimited supply of them. If this procedure is wide spread, everyone will be doing it whenever they thin out.

trialAcc

My Regimen
Reaction score
200,000 $ every few years? I don't sh*t gold bricks...
It won't cost $200,000 once every hair transplant clinic in the world is licensed to do the procedure. You'd have your more expensive mega sessions that cost several thousand to get back to a native density but otherwise to top it off every few years if you notice thinning. Alternatively you just use an AR degrader or topical AA and keep it forever.

Pls_NW-1

My Regimen
Reaction score
I would assume a couple years after launch. Who in their right mind would get a hair transplant when they could just get unlimited new follicles?
If this ends up to work as planned, Stemson will hold the golden goose for a good amount of time. Lol

eeyore

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Allergan tried to acquire these guys already after verifying their science and they declined, and instead opted for a seed investment and a potential future partnership to commercialize.

You guys are just speculating on useless semantics at this point, who cares what verbiage they use and whether or not the follicles will be resistant to balding or not. If the procedure works at all it will be the most effective and advanced hair treatment ever developed, so just be patient and see what happens.
Where did you read about Allergan trying to acquire them?

trialAcc

My Regimen
Reaction score
Where did you read about Allergan trying to acquire them?
In the call with Fortunis, the Stemson CEO said they had early talks with Allergan regarding the seed investment. After Allergan had some of their own scientists take a look under the hood at their pre-clinical data, they brought up the topic of an acquisition, and Stemson rejected the offer. They go on to talk about how Allergan has remained vocal that they want to complete a purchase or at least a strategic partnership to commercialize.

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
In the call with Fortunis, the Stemson CEO said they had early talks with Allergan regarding the seed investment. After Allergan had some of their own scientists take a look under the hood at their pre-clinical data, they brought up the topic of an acquisition, and Stemson rejected the offer. They go on to talk about how Allergan has remained vocal that they want to complete a purchase or at least a strategic partnership to commercialize.
Sounds good. Allergan has a bad record with male pattern baldness treatments though. Nothing they acquire materializes.

trialAcc

My Regimen
Reaction score
Sounds good. Allergan has a bad record with male pattern baldness treatments though. Nothing they acquire materializes.
Yeah they do, but I don't think anyone can view their interest in continued investment into the field as a negative thing. If they keep throwing sh*t at the wall eventually something will stick.

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah they do, but I don't think anyone can view their interest in continued investment into the field as a negative thing. If they keep throwing sh*t at the wall eventually something will stick.
Yeah, and it shows confidence that Stemson rejected their offer.

H

Reaction score
It won't cost $200,000 once every hair transplant clinic in the world is licensed to do the procedure. You'd have your more expensive mega sessions that cost several thousand to get back to a native density but otherwise to top it off every few years if you notice thinning. Alternatively you just use an AR degrader or topical AA and keep it forever.
Not that I want to be a Debbie but will still be 6 digits I'm afraid. If people are under the impression that this procedure will start out 200,000 and then come down to a somewhat reasonable 20,000? That's a 90% mark down and that doesn't happen. People often cite the genetic sequencing case which is strange and has not any pattern resembling any cosmetic surgery which is what we are talking about. If anyone provides me with a case of a cosmetic surgery in history being marked down insanely as suggested I will absolutely change my view.

trialAcc

My Regimen
Reaction score
Not that I want to be a Debbie but will still be 6 digits I'm afraid. If people are under the impression that this procedure will start out 200,000 and then come down to a somewhat reasonable 20,000? That's a 90% mark down and that doesn't happen. People often cite the genetic sequencing case which is strange and has not any pattern resembling any cosmetic surgery which is what we are talking about. If anyone provides me with a case of a cosmetic surgery in history being marked down insanely as suggested I will absolutely change my view.
I never said it would be marked down that significantly, someone else did. I don't think this procedure will cost anything close to 200k to start, they'd be pricing out 99.5% of the market. People are just throwing out 200k because Tsuji once randomly quoted 200-300k, but I think that would be because his chosen clinics would be the only one to offer it globally. For Stemson, if they go the mass commercialization route, I'm sure they'd be trying to get it as many places as possible because they would make money on a per usage basis through royalties.

I think the procedure will cost something like a moderately cheaper FUE, because it's essentially half of the same process (no extraction just implantation). Maybe 2/3$ a scaffold/graft? Maybe you end up paying 60k~ for 20-30k new follicles? Maybe this starts on the higher end of 5$+ per follicle unit to start?

Just a random estimate, but I don't see the use of using the hair transplant market as a a comparable to benchmark potential revenue (like they did) if you wouldn't be targeting a comparable price point. Their target demographic is younger people, also.

Last edited:
Reactions: H

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
Stemson will be a lot cheaper than Tsuji. Their method is less complex.

eeyore

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I never said it would be marked down that significantly, someone else did. I don't think this procedure will cost anything close to 200k to start, they'd be pricing out 99.5% of the market. People are just throwing out 200k because Tsuji once randomly quoted 200-300k, but I think that would be because his chosen clinics would be the only one to offer it globally. For Stemson, if they go the mass commercialization route, I'm sure they'd be trying to get it as many places as possible because they would make money on a per usage basis through royalties.

I think the procedure will cost something like a moderately cheaper FUE, because it's essentially half of the same process (no extraction just implantation). Maybe 2/3$ a scaffold/graft? Maybe you end up paying 60k~ for 20-30k new follicles? Maybe this starts on the higher end of 5$+ per follicle unit to start?

Just a random estimate, but I don't see the use of using the hair transplant market as a a comparable to benchmark potential revenue (like they did) if you wouldn't be targeting a comparable price point. Their target demographic is younger people, also.
Wouldn't it require a ton of work on Stemson's part to turn a blood draw into all those cells and then put them in the loliup?

H

Reaction score

Thats sounds reasonable thank you for clearing that up. I wasnt trying words in your mouth I know you didnt mention genetic sequencing I just have heard that damn argument so many times it always pops in my mind I guess. How do we know their target demographic?