Stemson is going to use minipigs in the next stage of their hair cloning research

werefckd

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
"Hot off the press as of today in Current Protocols. A great collaboration between Cellino and Stemson Therapeutics to capture the incredible work happening in this industry, and looking forward to what's next."

The guy on here who predicted their collaboration is such a freak lmao, good prediction, you were right!

Was it @werefckd ?
Haha good memory. It's good that they are in collaboration. A reliable and scalable way to amplify and differentiate autologous iPS cells is critical in order for the technology to jump from animals to humans.

Pls_NW-1

My Regimen
Reaction score
Haha good memory. It's good that they are in collaboration. A reliable and scalable way to amplify and differentiate the iPS cells is critical in order for the technology to jump from animals to humans.
Ayyeee our Stemson freak is back lol. Whats your next prediction? Seriously, I am not kidding...

Numerous_Bet_3027

My Regimen
Reaction score
I wonder what the people at Stemson do all day. Are they waiting all day now to see if the pigs grow new hair? I think it's a dream job

I hope they take their job seriously. Weekend work and overtime
It's still a small lab though, the last funding was only 7.5m, they might come through but once the path to a working approach is clearer more money will come into development and other, bigger players will join.

Luckily the stem cell field worldwide still receives a lot of funding and all major Universities have stem cell departments. So other labs will do a lot of their work. If it isn't stemson then it will be someone else.

The whole field is just getting their first clinical successes, just look at BlueRock which is valued at 1B..

Pls_NW-1

My Regimen
Reaction score
"Has switched to using iPS cells instead of embyronic stem cells which were more difficult to obtain. iPS cells can be acquired for use by a simple blood draw or skin sample."

-FollicleThought

It's an old article, but hey, this is all I needed to know. Using skin samples can give you the opportunity to truly cure androgenic alopecia PERMANENTLY by using occipital samples.

EDIT:
Is this correct, that by using occipital samples you can achieve the same follicles like from the back and "safe" region?

Last edited:

Pls_NW-1

My Regimen
Reaction score
"Terskikh believes he can approach the FDA about beginning a human trial for this hair cloning technology in about 2 years. This would be dependent on his company raising sufficient funding."

ahh
-Groundhog day
-Source Code
-Edge of tomorrow
-Hairloss Cure Business
So reffering to that, human clinical trials should have been starting already in 2020/2021?!...

From the current state it is still far away, they haven't even speaken about preclinical studies on larger animals than mice... If I had to guess, human trials will start in 5-10 years, if they go the FDA way.