Stemson is going to use minipigs in the next stage of their hair cloning research

Jimmerson

My Regimen
Reaction score
You were thinning for years before you noticed it. If it really only took that long, you would be noticeably balding in your early 20s

Pls_NW-1

My Regimen
Reaction score
that is a very important point. I hope stemson will let us know soon. How long will this initial success last? And will it be the same for everyone? If the success only lasts for 1 year, then it is very sad. When you have a receding hairline again after a year. I hope that the hair does not fall out until 3-5 years.
I tried to analyze yesterday a few interviews of them and Alexey said in one to the Interviewer that it needs to be re-done every 10-15 years, because the hair loss (may) continue. Not sure if he is reffering to the native follicles, which are susceptible to hormones (especially androgens), or the de novo follicles -> the Fortunis guy said that the follicles wouldn't bald again, and would stay most likely permanent, and if this is true then we know to what Dr. Alexey Terskikh was reffering to... (We shouldn't forget that the investor company can make any claim they want) the fact that the native hair continues to fall out (till it reaches the NW7/occipital area), but the new follicles would just then replace every 10-15 years those bald/thinning areas.

If this is true, then thats another breakthrough; achieving the same gene expression of the follicles like the occipital one's have. This would be highly effective for Androgenetic Alopecia.

But it's still up in the horizon, if all this even works on humans, and I can't find any evidence in their papers that they try to make them hormone-insensible.

Another thing I found is, that Antonella Pinto said in the showcase of their tech on a congress in 2019... that they achieved; "some hair to grow out", of the mice. *ONLY SOME*...

I wonder what's the succes rate of the follicles, surviving, cycling and behaving like a healthy one...

If Tsuji's succes rate is translateable to Stemson's method, this would be outrageous.

Pls_NW-1

My Regimen
Reaction score
"According to the indications given at that meeting, Stemson hoped to start clinical trials in humans in early 2021."

- found in the chrome cache.

Pls_NW-1

My Regimen
Reaction score
Ni
Medical Research: What should clinicians and patients take away from your report?

Dr. Terskikh:
We are still at early stages. Our next steps are to optimize the cell preparation procedure. And most importantly, we need to perform transplantation experiments using human skin (human volunteers) to assure the clinical usefulness of this procedure.

Interview from 2021.
Nice find! A shame all those Interviewers never ask what the stemson team thinks of their approach in terms of Androgenetic Alopecia.

But by Alexey's answer; "making a lifelong unlimited supply of follicles", I understand that they think; the de novo follicles indeed continue to miniaturize due to Androgenetic Alopecia.

jan_miezda

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Medical Research: What should clinicians and patients take away from your report?

Dr. Terskikh:
We are still at early stages. Our next steps are to optimize the cell preparation procedure. And most importantly, we need to perform transplantation experiments using human skin (human volunteers) to assure the clinical usefulness of this procedure.

Interview from 2021.
It sounds like they are still trying to understand the differentiation mechanism using neural crest cells, and finding the most efficient ways to produce/store in vitro hair follicle.

eeyore

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Dr. Terskikh:

Interview from 2021.
That's from January 2015: "MedicalResearch.com Interview with, & Alexey Terskikh, Ph.D. (2015). Lab Turns Stem Cells Into Hair Bulbs That Grow Hair MedicalResearch.com"

Pls_NW-1

My Regimen
Reaction score
Sorry for the weird question, but; Stemson can take the iPSc and all the other stuff they need from skin samples!? Such as from the occipital area!? Is this true!?

Pls_NW-1

My Regimen
Reaction score
"Hot off the press as of today in Current Protocols. A great collaboration between Cellino and Stemson Therapeutics to capture the incredible work happening in this industry, and looking forward to what's next."

The guy on here who predicted their collaboration is such a freak lmao, good prediction, you were right!

Was it @werefckd ?

Numerous_Bet_3027

My Regimen
Reaction score
Isn't that basically a study on the current state where an employee of Stemson was involved? I mean it surely means they are in contact but doesn't look like much more. It's always good to see any kind of update though.

jan_miezda

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
"Hot off the press as of today in Current Protocols. A great collaboration between Cellino and Stemson Therapeutics to capture the incredible work happening in this industry, and looking forward to what's next."

The guy on here who predicted their collaboration is such a freak lmao, good prediction, you were right!

Was it @werefckd ?
What does preparing for IND mean? It says that under the stage for stemsontx

“Mouse studies published, preparing for IND”

Pls_NW-1

My Regimen
Reaction score
Isn't that basically a study on the current state where an employee of Stemson was involved? I mean it surely means they are in contact but doesn't look like much more. It's always good to see any kind of update though.
No. This clearly shows us that Stemson collabroates now with Cellino. Cellini developed a technology to multiplay iPSc and many other cells for a little price in a short period of time. This is a huge step for me! It would lower the cost a bunch if I had to guess.

Also, is it true that they can take skin samples from the occipital area!?

Numerous_Bet_3027

My Regimen
Reaction score
The IND application is submitted by the company or research group responsible for developing the drug to the FDA. The FDA reviews IND applications and decides whether they are safe for companies to progress to the clinical trial stage.

But basically every company is doing that, doesn't mean much..

Pls_NW-1

My Regimen
Reaction score
The IND application is submitted by the company or research group responsible for developing the drug to the FDA. The FDA reviews IND applications and decides whether they are safe for companies to progress to the clinical trial stage.

But basically every company is doing that, doesn't mean much..
Oh, so "investigational new drug"? Lol. FDA will do sh*t for them... F