Spironolactone

jay

Reaction score
Hey
Thanks Vortex. So are u using topical spironolactone? Is it easy to break down into powder form for you?

VoRteX

Established Member
Reaction score
I ordered mine from Dr. Lee pre-made.

If I decide I like it, I may try to make my own in the future since his prices are so high

StoneCold316

Reaction score
dabber bottles of spironolactone

I really like the dabber bottle that comes with the 2% version of Dr. Lee's spironolactone. Does anyon eknow where I can get my hands on some empty dabber bottles? Id liek to use them fro other topical treatments.

VoRteX

Established Member
Reaction score
I've got a dabber I'm not using.

The dabber is nice but its a pain in the *** to apply to the scalp if you have mostly diffuse thinning with full coverage.

I like the dropper better.

hair mchair

Established Member
Reaction score
i like the dropper better too.

how do you get the dabber off of the spironolactone 2% bottle? i can't figure this out.

jay

Reaction score
spironolactone and dermovan combo

Hi
I've recieved my dermovan. I've crushed 6 tabs of 100mg spironolactone into powder form and mixed with 20ml dermovan. Now am i to apply it twice daily? After shapooing? Also is it just applying to scalp and allowing to natural absorb or is it massaging in till completely absorbed? Do you find that after massaging a residue is left on the scalp? Does refrigirating help?

Any help regarding the above questions is gratefully welcome.

thankyou

Jay

hair mchair

Established Member
Reaction score
Re: spironolactone and dermovan combo

jay said:
Hi
I've recieved my dermovan. I've crushed 6 tabs of 100mg spironolactone into powder form and mixed with 20ml dermovan. Now am i to apply it twice daily? After shapooing? Also is it just applying to scalp and allowing to natural absorb or is it massaging in till completely absorbed? Do you find that after massaging a residue is left on the scalp? Does refrigirating help?

Any help regarding the above questions is gratefully welcome.

thankyou

Jay

hey jay,

how is the smell of that stuff?

jay

Reaction score
Hi
There is no real repugnent smell at all. All i'm experiencing is a white residue from where the application hasn't properly absorbed i think.

Also anyone heard anything of this DHT gel thing and it's effectiveness with dealing with tities?

hair mchair

Established Member
Reaction score
jay said:
Hi
There is no real repugnent smell at all. All i'm experiencing is a white residue from where the application hasn't properly absorbed i think.

Also anyone heard anything of this DHT gel thing and it's effectiveness with dealing with tities?

i heard that when people mix their own spironolactone, it smells bad. hmmm.

dht gel thing? dealing with titties? explain.

oaslam

Reaction score
spironolactone stinks

My god does this stuff (spironolactone) smell, and more so on a warm day when my head sweats a bit. My girlfriend came home yesterday and the minute she walked in the door she said, "Do you smell feet"? Now, of course I would be willing to smear squirrel crap on my head if it would ensure I kept my hair, but it is exactly that point that leads me to believe that my sanity is really just hanging by a thread: all this just to keep my hair. I mean, was there ever a time in history when being bald was cool? Or is that an impossibility? Is it just biologically better to have hair from an evolutionary/reproductive point of view? Is having hair just as important as having two arms and two feet when it comes to biological attractiveness? It may be that having a full head of hair isn't a necessary component of reproductive success: if it were a true hinderance wouldn't it have been evolutionarily weeded out by now? I'm rambling and it is because of this spironolactone stink... It's altering my neuro pathways.

VoRteX

Established Member
Reaction score
Dr. Lee's spironolactone smells pretty good to me. But I only use it before bedtime and shower in the morning

oaslam

Reaction score
spironolactone at first isn't so bad

Yeah, spironolactone isn't bad at all (from Dr. Lee, which is where I get mine) when I first put it on... I really think it has something to do with my own sweat. Because if I put it on at night it doesn't smell so bad when I wake up; but when I put it on in the morning, by mid-day it smells like skunk. But... I just have to deal with it.

Dude7

Reaction score
Anyone else make this stuff?

Anyone else make a spironolactone topical lotion other than dr. lee?
Is there another dht inhibitor topical product other than crinagen & this?
I haven't gone through the trouble of getting permission sheet signed by a doctor to dr. lee but i wanted to give spironolactone lotion a try anyways? Anyone want to get rid of their stuff or hook me up? I'm willing to include a kickback fee plus costs... let me know thnx....

jay

Reaction score
Propecia+spironolactone+Dermovan?

Hi,
I've been using a topical application of 20ml+6 100g spironolactone pills, along with 0.5g dutasteride oral. I've got some propecia pills still left over. Anyone think its worth me crushing them and adding them to my topical combo of spironolactone and dermovan? If so how many should i add to a mixture of 20ml dermovan and 6 x 100mg spironolactone?
all help would be greatly appreciated.

Jay

cosmo gene

Established Member
Reaction score
spironolactone ruuuuules dudes

I've just gone two years with propecia nizoral folligen, adding spironolactone a few months ago, holly sh*t I am groing my hair back holly sh*t holly sh*t holly sh*t. I think that without the spironolactone I would not have experienced an actual regrowth, Iam a believer, this site rules. :smoke:

good luck boys

cosmo gene

G

cosmo gene said:
spironolactone ruuuuules dudes

I've just gone two years with propecia nizoral folligen, adding spironolactone a few months ago, holly sh*t I am groing my hair back holly sh*t holly sh*t holly sh*t. I think that without the spironolactone I would not have experienced an actual regrowth, Iam a believer, this site rules. :smoke:

good luck boys

cosmo gene

Details young man! Dr Lee's spironolactone, 2 or 5%, how often, how to apply etc.

We share your happiness and want some of our own.

Thanksl

cosmo gene

Established Member
Reaction score
Ok, I think that we don't have to be so meticulous as to when we apply the topical treatements, I think that it is more important to find what we actually respond to and use it enough, some times I apply spironolactone at night some times during the day some times not at all, same with folligen, I sometimes go a weak without using nizoral, For propecia though I try to be as consistent as possible, I actually discovered that I respond more to the 1mg dose than to .5 or .7mg. (My manhood has been somewhat comprimised though).

before I even experienced my thickening I wouold be so a*** with my topicals, than I got more slopy with the topicals, that is when my hair thickened, POINT: my hair didn't thicken until I found the right combination of what I responded regardless of my meticulousnes of how applied them.

I think that if we are going to respond to a treatement than we are going to respond to it regardelsess of the details of how we apply it (given that we take enough of it, kind of like reaching the threshold). Remember I didn't even notice a regrowth until my second spironolactone round. Dr. Lees 5%, I don't know maybe I would respond just the same to 2% or my own home made version, I will probably stick with the Dr. Lee's stuff, where I get it doesn't matter what matters for me is that I found something that I respond to...