Spironolactone

baboon

Reaction score
Just a quick post guys. My main post is in the 'Revivogen Room'. I'm coming off Propecia next month and going to use the topical dht inhibitor Revivogen. However, there appears to be evidence to suggest that it works well with a more potent anti-androgen such as spironolactone 5%. However, whilst Revivogen isn't a problem to get hold of spironolactone IS. Dr Lee's site won't supply to Italy. Any ideas guys? HairLossTalk.com?

VoRteX

Established Member
Reaction score
I posted about spironolactone in another forum with no responses so I'll try here:

I want to mix my own spironolactone in minoxidil. I've read this can be "unstable" and that the two drugs can break down in mixture over a few hours. I suppose I could just have an old minoxidil bottle set aside and just mix up a little powdered spironolactone with just enough minoxidil for each application(maybe 3 times/week) I know spironolactone may or may not work but it is proven to be absorbable through skin and is also a proven anti-androgen.

The only way I would try spironolactone is if its cheap because I'm not paying 100 bucks a month for proxiphen or Dr. Lee's "cream"

Has anyone had good results with spironolactone?

I'm not sure I'll be using it anytime soon since i'm currently on minoxidil/.5mg finast/nizoral but I'm keeping it as an option in case I have side effects from the finasteride.

X190

Established Member
Reaction score
VX, what are the best combos and times for minoxidil/spironolactone applications?

XL

X190

Established Member
Reaction score
Is spironolactone the same active ingredient in Head & Shoulders shampoo? If so, then why isn't H&S promoted more often? Just a thought. Thanx for your review...

XL

VoRteX

Established Member
Reaction score
Is spironolactone the same active ingredient in Head & Shoulders shampoo?
VX, what are the best combos and times for minoxidil/spironolactone applications?

No spironolactone is a diuretic that has strong antiandrogen properties. It has been medically proven to have 70% the affinity for DHT receptor sites that DHT does.

Dr. Lee doesnt mix spironolactone and minoxidil because they gradually react with each other and dissipate in solution. Dr. Proctor did tell me that to save money I could mix my own spironolactone and minoxidil, but to just mix it one application at a time to prevent precipitation. Dr. Proctor does sell "proxiphen" that has spironolactone, minoxidil, phenytoin and various other ingredients, but its in a lotion and has a "stabilizer" in it. It also costs 100bucks a month

Dr. Lee suggests you either use minoxidil solution followed by spironolactone solution. Or use minoxidil solution followed by spironolactone cream which is a supposed "occlusive dressing"

jay

Reaction score
Spironolactone & dutasteride

Hi,
I was previously on Propecia 1mg, Saw plamento, Nizoral and Tgel.

I've now eliminated Saw plamento and Propecia, and introduced 0.5 mg of dutasteride which i been on for about a month and bit now. dutasteride has been quite good so far. I understand it inhibits the production of DHT in the blood. However the the already remaining DHT attached to the androgen receptors continues to be a problem. Spironolactone some how blocks those receptors. Spironolactone and dutasteride would then work hand in hand together, so i've decided to go on Spironolactone 100mg along with dutasteride. I understand there can be some undesirable side effects with Spironolactone orally, so i'm only going to go on it temporarily definetly no more than 6months. Just enough for the DHt from the andro receptors to clear up. From there on no more DHt should be able to attach it self to the receptors because the DHT in blood would of been greatly reduced by dutasteride. What do you guys think of this? Does it make sense?

Jay

X190

Established Member
Reaction score
Re: Spironolactone & dutasteride

jay said:
Hi,

I've now eliminated Saw plamento and Propecia, and introduced 0.5 mg of dutasteride which i been on for about a month and bit now. dutasteride has been quite good so far. I understand it inhibits the production of DHT in the blood. However the the already remaining DHT attached to the androgen receptors continues to be a problem. Spironolactone some how blocks those receptors. Spironolactone and dutasteride would then work hand in hand together, so i've decided to go on Spironolactone 100mg along with dutasteride. I understand there can be some undesirable side effects with Spironolactone orally, so i'm only going to go on it temporarily definetly no more than 6months. Just enough for the DHt from the andro receptors to clear up. From there on no more DHt should be able to attach it self to the receptors because the DHT in blood would of been greatly reduced by dutasteride. What do you guys think of this? Does it make sense?

Jay

If you do decide to go spironolactone/dutasteride double wammie, keep us posted on your results!

XL

chuckfrasher

Reaction score
Re: Spironolactone & dutasteride

jay said:
Hi,

Jay

I used 200 mgs years ago but eventually had some breast tenderness. It went away when I lowered the dose. If you use it orally, make sure and take it in divided doses 12 hours apart (with food--it's lipid soluable) because of the short half-life. You may want to consider using it topically rather than orally.

I'm considering this combo to help mop up any extra DHT left by Avodart. If I remember correctly, and I'm pretty sure I do, it works best in a dermovan cream and is not messy or smelly this way. It evidentally disappears right into the scalp with no mess! Here is how to make a homemade spironolactone cream. I had it saved and I think it was origionally posted by Bryan Shelton:

"I use a 50 ml glass beaker for mixing, which is ideal for this purpose.
I've previously marked the beaker at the 20 ml point, so I just fill it
to this point with an even level of Dermovan (we're not mixing rocket
fuel for the Space Shuttle; it doesn't have to be exact). Next take
six 100 mg spironolactone tablets and finely powder them with a mortar
and pestle, then add the powder to the beaker. Thoroughly mix it
by stirring with a small kitchen knife. It's amazing how well the powder
is "dissolved" into the Dermovan. The resulting mixture is absolutely
smooth and homogeneous, with no detectable traces of tablet excipients.

Afterwards, scoop the contents out of the beaker using the kitchen
knife and deposit it into a storage container. I keep it in
the refrigerator."

hair mchair

Established Member
Reaction score
hey everybody,

i'm going to start using topical spironolactone.

my question is this: how long does lee's 2% last and how long does lee's 5% last? does this stuff dry quickly? how much do you apply at once???

ok, that was three questions. i'm a f#cking liar :D

jay

Reaction score
hi Chuckfrasher,
What is Dermovan? Is it available in the UK?

Also how long into your oral use of spironolactone 200mg did u start experiencing breast tenderness?

I'm on 100g. I just take it after breakfast, but according to u i should break it. Take 50mg after breakfast and 50mg after supper yes?

P.s. Do u find Avodart/Propecia etc make ur beard growth slower than it used to be before?

chuckfrasher

Reaction score
jay said:
hi Chuckfrasher,
What is Dermovan? Is it available in the UK?

Also how long into your oral use of spironolactone 200mg did u start experiencing breast tenderness?

I'm on 100g. I just take it after breakfast, but according to u i should break it. Take 50mg after breakfast and 50mg after supper yes?

P.s. Do u find Avodart/Propecia etc make ur beard growth slower than it used to be before?

I was on it for about a year before I got breast tenderness. You should split it into 2 doses because it has a very short half life (I think 15 hours). It should also be taken with some food because it is lipid soluable. You'll get better results if you take it with Avodart. I think that Avodart may make body hair grow a little slower because it inhibits type 1 5AR which is more prevalent in the skin whereas type 2 is more prevalent in the hair follicle. :)

jay

Reaction score
So u was on it for a year. That long hey. It hasnt even been a month for me yet. Thought your only need bout 6months on it to fully clear the andro receptors of DHT and there after there be no DHT to interfer with the receptors because Avodart would of bought down the DHT in the blood consderably.
I already feel like i may have breast tenderness, but it's probably just paranoia i hope. What is Dermovan?

Jay

chuckfrasher

Reaction score
jay said:
So u was on it for a year. That long hey. It hasnt even been a month for me yet. Thought your only need bout 6months on it to fully clear the andro receptors of DHT and there after there be no DHT to interfer with the receptors because Avodart would of bought down the DHT in the blood consderably.
I already feel like i may have breast tenderness, but it's probably just paranoia i hope. What is Dermovan?

Jay

Avodart does not get rid of 100% of the DHT but it gets pretty close. I will be using topical spironolactone soon on the frontal area to help mop up any excess DHT. Dermovan is a cream specifically designed to enhance the absorption of topicals.

jay

Reaction score
I think i'll be starting topical spironolactone soon as well. Just need some of this dermovan. with avo, oral spironolactone and topical spironolactone i should get good growth. Any web sites selling dermovan? Dont think we get it here in the UK.
Jay

chuckfrasher

Reaction score
jay said:
I think i'll be starting topical spironolactone soon as well. Just need some of this dermovan. with avo, oral spironolactone and topical spironolactone i should get good growth. Any web sites selling dermovan? Dont think we get it here in the UK.
Jay

Just type in dermovan on Google. :)

X190

Established Member
Reaction score
chuckfrasher said:
Avodart does not get rid of 100% of the DHT but it gets pretty close.

Does that mean that there are more than 2 types of DHT? :(

X

Stingray

Reaction score
No, there's only one form of DHT...but two forms of the enzyme that creates it. Just like there is no way to separate EVERY contaminate out of drinking water...you can get DAMNED close to pure water...same with the chemicals in the body. You can reduce DHT production to almost nonexistant...but it's still gonna be produced a little bit at a time. And in some people...that little bit is enough.

X190

Established Member
Reaction score
Stingray said:
You can reduce DHT production to almost nonexistant...but it's still gonna be produced a little bit at a time.

That's why we all have to take 5mg Proscar, 1600mg Saw Palmetto, and a good 5mg of Avodart to get the party started, then a 12-pack of Heini's to top it off. DHT will go south for the winter, and in just 2 months you will have double D cup boobs and a jelly bean dick or your money back. :)

X

RalphyWiggum

Established Member
Reaction score
LOL, people abuse ILLEGAL drugs enough! For once I'd like to hear about some OCD mofo who can't go through the day without taking 20mg of finasteride intervenously, followed with 20mg of spironolactone via supository....

Stingray

Reaction score
I usually start my day out with a bowl of frosted spironolactone-flakes and saw palmetto berries with a cup or so of liquefied finasteride. I then proceed to enjoy my buttered duTOASTeride and wash it all down with a nice cool fifth of everclear.