Spironolactone

hair mchair

Established Member
Reaction score
you guys are stupid.

i just tell my body to stop producing DHT or i'll punch it in the f*****g stomach and genitals.

f*** chemicals. show your body who's in charge.

RalphyWiggum

Established Member
Reaction score
ROTFLMAO....that is the funniest thing I have read in a while....

jay

Reaction score
topical spironolactone

Anyone had any positvie results with spironolactone dermovan yet? Especially in the frontal regions?

jay

Reaction score
topical spironolactone

Hi
Anyone had any luck with spironolactone/dermovan yet? Especially on the frontal area?

jay

hair mchair

Established Member
Reaction score
Just started using Dr. Lee's 5% cream. I'll let you know if I see results with this.

X190

Established Member
Reaction score
hair mchair said:
Just started using Dr. Lee's 5% cream. I'll let you know if I see results with this.

Does this cream include spironolactone and minoxidil, or only spironolactone?

XL

hair mchair

Established Member
Reaction score
X,

My new regimen:

Xandrox 5% (azelaic acid 5% and minoxidil 5%) w/ PPG and w/o betamethasone valerate - 2ml a day, at night
Spironolactone 5% cream - once a day, at night
Nizoral 1% combined with Neutragena T-Sal - 3x a week
Dr. Proctor's Nano Shampoo - 4x a week
Hairmax Lasercomb - 2x a week, 15 min. at a time

My old regimen (late Aug. 2001 to mid Nov. 2002):

Propecia - 1mg once a day, usually in the morning or early afternoon
Neutragena T-Gel - once every few days (I wasn't using it properly tho)
I also used Rogaine 5% for a while but discontinued in mid-March 2002.

If I can get results as good as before, I'll be happy. I'm thinking of adding more topicals in the future as necessary: Retin-A, Xandrox 12.5%, Folligen, maybe Prox-N. It all depends on the results I get. I would also like to start using L-Arginine for both hair and wood, but that will have to wait until I start working full-time (just graduating college now) as it seems quite pricey. Even though I'm not on Propecia anymore, I'm still having trouble with libido/erections, so I would really like to try that stuff out.

If my results are good (keeping my fingers crossed), it will be hard to tell what's working for me and what's not since my regimen is pretty extensive. But that's not of much concern to me. I just want hair, damn it. :D It should be an interesting experiment to see if I can reproduce my results on Propecia by using topicals.

I'd like to document my progress and post my pics if I get good results. I'm guessing I need a digital camera for this? Or is it possible to just use a Polaroid camera and scan the pics somehow??? Cuz digital cameras are expensive, and I'm a bit low on the cash right now :(

jay

Reaction score
results so far

Hi,
Since late Jan now i've been on dutasteride 1mg per day. bout a month ago now i started 100mg spironolactone oral which bout a week ago i started splitting 50mg after breakfast and 50mg after supper. Also i've been using Tgel and Nizoral rotationally.

Results so far have been the halting of further hairloss and think thickening may well be starting. I just need to work on the frontal areas, so i will be introducing dermovan/spironolactone topical very soon. Oh yes i also use the lasercombe on occasion.

If any of u guys wanna ask anythink, please do. Also please dish out advice u may think of value.

Jay

VoRteX

Established Member
Reaction score
Jay,

I hate to be a party-pooper here but you are risking SERIOUS side effects taking 1mg dutasteride(.5mg is the approved dose) and ORAL spironolactone! This regimen is what transexual men take to turn into women. You are completely suppressing almost all the androgenic activity in your body by taking these two drugs at these doses. I would highly recommend dropping the dutasteride to .5mg/day and going to topical spironolactone unless you want a limp dick and fat b**ch tits.

good luck

jay

Reaction score
hi
Yes i am waiting for my dermovan. then i will drop the the spironolactone oral. I hope no real damage has been caused so far it's only been a month.

The thing with topical spironolactone is that it's hard to know if it will work. Well i was told how to find out if the correct dose applied topically will have any affect on the andro receptors. Well if u rub it on ur beard area and then quite quickly in the next few shaves ur beard growth slows down noticebly to urself not to others, cos only u are used to ur normal growth rate. Then this means the spironolactone is having considerable effect on the andro receptors and should have great effects on ur scalp in the long run.

Make sense to you? I think it makes some sense cos beard growth is also DHT related isn't it?

jay

Reaction score
Hey Vortex
typo on my behalf. i am actually on 0.5mg dutasteride not 1mg
my mistake sorry

VoRteX

Established Member
Reaction score
spironolactone has been proven to penetrate the skin and block andro receptors.

I firmly belive its a valid treatment for male pattern baldness although I havent yet had personal experience with it.

Both Dr. Lee and Dr. Proctor feel that its about as effective as propecia.

RalphyWiggum

Established Member
Reaction score
I have to agree with Vortex on this one.

I have no personal opinion on spironolactone as I have not tried it yet, although I do intend to give it a go sooner or later. I prefer to keep things in my arsenal reserve rather than using anything and everything that might help even though I might not need it.

Anywho, Bryan S. has an Italian study that shows spironolactone to be effective for male pattern baldness. The key, IMO, is to give things enough time to prove or disprove themselves. In the case of the Italian study it ran for one year. Obviously this means if you want to use spironolactone and get similar results you too must give it one full year before deciding to continue or discontinue use.

Seeings how most people aren't even willing to stick it out with rock solid FDA-proven treatments, it's not hard to believe the reason we don't hear much regarding spironolactone is because most people are too capricious to give it ample time to work.

oaslam

Reaction score
What kind of spironolactone to purchase?

Hello,

Looking on Dr. Lee's site: http://www.minoxidil.com, there is a Spironolactone 60 mL dabber bottle and a Spironolactone 5% lotion... Does anyone know what the difference is?

I'm planning to use the spironolactone in conjunction with Revivogen, which I've been using for 8 months now (After having used it for 1 year with an interval of 4 months in which I stopped using it). I'm planning to alternate them nightly.

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

hair mchair

Established Member
Reaction score
friends and foes,

hiya. just started using dr. lee's 5% spironolactone cream. it makes me smell like a skunk. anyone else have this problem? i read somewhere this stuff is SUPPOSED to be odorless. is there any way to eliminate or at least reduce the smell??? i want to use it both morning and night, but that's a problem right now because i don't want to smell all day long.

oaslam,
how's the revivogen going? how do you feel it's working for you???

jay

Reaction score
Hi
I've recieved the Dermovan. Now about mixing it with the spironolactone tabs. Whats the best way and what amounts? Also i want to stop oral spironolactone now, i've been on it for a little over a month. 100mg every day. Should i first decrease dosage then come of it gradually or can i just stop immediately. I mean i hope i dont create some sort of hormonal disrupt that way or something cos i know body builders who come off of steriods do. Well i've only been on for a month it cant be that bad suppose.

Any one whose been on oral spironolactone, any advise?

thanx
jay

oaslam

Reaction score
TO HAIR MCHAIR CONCERNING REVIVOGEN

To answer your question about revivogen, I'm pasting a post I made yesterday concerning that...

Hello,

Well, I've had naturally thin hair since I was 15, but there wasn't much change (loss of hair) until I was about... 20 or so. At that time I began to notice a bit of thinning at my hairline and on the top of my head). I began to use Fabao when I was 22, which was "stimulating", in that it made my scalp tingle, but I didn't see any results (mind you, this was my first time using any topical product), and then I discovered Revivogen. I used it for one year. Now, in retrospect, I guess my expectations were too high. I mean, even if I say that it helped me keep my hair, though it didn't grow anything new, I don't know for sure whether I would have lost hair anyhow. So, after that one year, I dropped it for about 3 - 4 months, then I began to freak out when I realized that I just NEEDED to do something, something effective. So, I went back on it, and I've been on it for about 8 months now and although again, I would say that I don't think it has resulted in me having MORE hair, and I can't say for sure whether it has helped me keep what I have, I do feel that the individual hairs I have in the thin areas have become a bit thicker than before.

Also, the reason why I want to alternate Sprio and Revivogen, why I think it's a good idea, is contained in this article:

http://www.hairlosstalk.com/productrevi ... icle02.htm

jay

Reaction score
Hi
I came off oral spironolactone 100mg yesterday. So far i've experienced a couple of headaches. However this may be due to a slightly irregular diet i've had lately bcos i've been busy. Has anyone who came off spironolactone experieced headaches or any other symptons?

Should i of eased off it instead of ending it upruptley?

Jay

VoRteX

Established Member
Reaction score
not sure, but spironolactone is a diuretic so an electrolyte imbalance caused by abrupt stoppage coupled with a poor diet could cause this.

Make sure you drink plenty of water and eat a few well balanced meals and take a vitamin(without potassium in it)