Spironolactone

Reaction score
where can i get spironolactone for cheap

hi ..anybody know where i can get spironolactone cream for cheap...besides dr. lee's site?

VoRteX

Established Member
Reaction score
http://www.wholesalehairproducts.com

i have never bought anything here, so i dont know how legit they are.

They arent following rules like Dr. Lee with scripts and such but the guy did email me back and supposedly they have a good rep on bodybuilding forums.

try at your own risk

G

Damn, nice prices.

Maybe we all need to pitch in for the GC and purchase samples and just get one of my buds to let me run all these products at once to verify presence of perported ingredients.

I'm actually starting to take the idea seriously...

Lizzad

Experienced Member
Reaction score
They are legit, i get my minoxidil there as Costco don't deliver to the UK. Packages are sent from Florida...

Dreamatek

Reaction score
Telogen Effluvium from Propecia

I've been using Propecia for 3 and a half months, my hair shedding increased within weeks on it and for the last 4 weeks I've been shedding 80+ a day. My hair is not growing, it's letterally falling out, the healthiest hairs and the little ones that were trying to grow back. I'm convinced I'm stuck in the Telogen Effluvium. My hair is not growing and I've lost a 3rd of it over a month all on top.
I'm getting off Propecia, should I use spironolactone? If so whats the difference between 5% and the 2%?
I had a bad experiance with Rogaine ways back, I used Revivogen and it helped slow the shedding for a few months and then the shedding leveled out to about 30+ a day. So I'm probably going to use Revivogen again.
I just ordered Natural Grow's L-Arginine, could this be of help? Thanks.

Opinions from anyone that got Telogen Effluvium from Propecia. Please give me some advice. Thanks.

G

Re: Telogen Effluvium from Propecia

Dreamatek said:
I've been using Propecia for 3 and a half months, my hair shedding increased within weeks on it and for the last 4 weeks I've been shedding 80+ a day. My hair is not growing, it's letterally falling out, the healthiest hairs and the little ones that were trying to grow back. I'm convinced I'm stuck in the Telogen Effluvium. My hair is not growing and I've lost a 3rd of it over a month all on top.
I'm getting off Propecia, should I use spironolactone? If so whats the difference between 5% and the 2%?
I had a bad experiance with Rogaine ways back, I used Revivogen and it helped slow the shedding for a few months and then the shedding leveled out to about 30+ a day. So I'm probably going to use Revivogen again.

Opinions from anyone that got Telogen Effluvium from Propecia. Please give me some advice. Thanks.

I suggest a phone consult with Dr. Lee. He may be able to help.

Good luck.

:lol:

dis

Reaction score
Re: Telogen Effluvium from Propecia

Dreamatek said:

I had Telogen Effluvium from Peopecia, and I used it for about 1 year. The Telogen Effluvium did not recover until three or four months after I went off Propecia. Also, I should note during that one year, I used Propecia on various doses from 0.2 mg to 1 mg and back down to 0.2 mg.

Anyway, I use Revivogen and spironolactone 5% cream and it has helped me more then Propecia has. I definitely notice much less shedding with this combination. However, what works for me may not work for someone else.

I think most people will say you should use Propecia for at least one year and perhaps even longer.

Later

madmike

Reaction score
wholesalehairproducts... I have used them several months ago. They shipped the package and it finally arrived 5 weeks later. It came from jinxing(sp?),china or something simular. The package was opened and one of the bottles broke, made a real freakin mess. I heard on one of the bodybuilding boards that they now have some domestic remailers to ship some of the products. I believe the products are legit because the spironolactone gave me the same familar 'scunk pissed on my head' after being on my head for most of the day. Personally, I have went back to Dr. Lees stuff as it is only a few bucks more and doesn't come from a 3rd world country. Just my humble opnion. MadMike

DontWannaBeLikeMike

Established Member
Reaction score
2% Spironolactone in 60 mL dabber bottle or Spironolactone 5% lotion from minoxidil.com? Whats the difference? Does one work better than the other in general? Does this stuff smell really that bad? Someone enlighten me.

Trilidon

Established Member
Reaction score
Smell, meh depends if your not doing anything physical really it doesnt smell Once your out in the sun sweating like a pig its not to great =P

Right now im using it at night before bed , during the winter ill probably use it in the morning to.

fro

Established Member
Reaction score
I am going to begin spironolactone 5% in a few days. Has anyone experienced shedding while using spironolactone. I am concerned because i am using for maintenance purposes and a bit of regrowth along temps/hairline.

Lizzad

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Has anyone experienced shedding while using spironolactone

Shedding has been reported from spironolactone users, however, the most likely treatment to cause shedding is minoxidil, followed by propecia, if your taking them all, your chances of shedding are reasonable.

Why is everyone scared like a little girl of a bit of shedding, it's a GOOD SIGN!!!

Lizzad

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Why?...because shedding has not given me any positives.

Ok, i'll modify that. Inmost cases shedding is good! How long since your shed joe? Remember a hair cycle is around 100 days, so you may not see regrowth for a while after a shed...

joe_mama

Established Member
Reaction score
Hey

Well the thing is I have seen some hair cycling back in...and while they are pigmented, they don't seem very thick. Most of the hairs I see in the sink after brushing are very thick and strong and come from the front part of my head...the problem area. My hair up front continues to be so weak and comes out soo easily....and a lot seems to come out whenever I brush it. Just bought another 90 tabs of propecia and that's the last time I by the brand name.

I guess I just don't see how reducing DHT could hurt your hair situation in any way. One theory I think about is that maybe for some people taking propecia is enough to cause a shed, but not reverse the miniturization process.

xXx

Established Member
Reaction score
Dr. Lee's site says

It is best to apply liquid spironolactone before applying minoxidil or Xandrox to avoid contaminating the dauber surface. The delayed interaction between spironolactone and minoxidil can cause
an offensive mercaptan odor on the applicator.

I am confused. From what I have read from this site is that its best to apply spironolactone as the last toppical ( Nox, follligen and spironolactone ). Would it be ok to apply spironolactone after half hour of applying the minoxidil to avoid the contamination? :roll: .

Thx

fro

Established Member
Reaction score
wannawanna said:
Dr. Lee's site says

It is best to apply liquid spironolactone before applying minoxidil or Xandrox to avoid contaminating the dauber surface. The delayed interaction between spironolactone and minoxidil can cause
an offensive mercaptan odor on the applicator.

I am confused. From what I have read from this site is that its best to apply spironolactone as the last toppical ( Nox, follligen and spironolactone ). Would it be ok to apply spironolactone after half hour of applying the minoxidil to avoid the contamination? :roll: .

Thx

This is what Dr. Lee emailed me when i asked a similar question:

"In the morning, apply 1 mL of Xandrox 5% to all affected areas. In the evening at least 8 hours later, apply 1 mL of Xandrox 5% or 1 mL of 5% minoxidil. Wait 10 minutes and apply a thin transparent film of 5% spironolactone to the same affected areas."

This is obviously at odds with what it says in his web site, but follows similar guidelines as those given in this forum.

fandabbydozy

Reaction score
Any of you guys had any success from home made spironolactone? i`ve thought about making my own due to the cost.I`ve read a post saying you mix crushed spironolactone tabs with dermovan.
this seems a little too easy.on the back of some 5% spironolactone from Dr lee it has sh*t loads of ingredients.but doesnt state dermovan as one.Is there an exact science to the mix?

Lizzad

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Any of you guys had any success from home made spironolactone? i`ve thought about making my own due to the cost.I`ve read a post saying you mix crushed spironolactone tabs with dermovan.
this seems a little too easy.on the back of some 5% spironolactone from Dr lee it has sh*t loads of ingredients.but doesnt state dermovan as one.Is there an exact science to the mix?

See this thread:

http://www.hairlosstalk.com/discussions ... ight=spironolactone

If it's cost your worried about, the 2% liquid version is just as effective as the 5% as it's asorbed better.

Or you can get it cheaper here:

http://www.wholesalehairproducts.com