Spironolactone

Fallout Boy

Experienced Member
Reaction score
jfhawk06 said:
i was thinking about starting spironolactone because i was under the impression it had comparable results to finasteride. those studies aren't really encouraging. now, im wondering what the hell to do

have you check out Eucipil? looks pretty damn good ..thinking about trying it myself

Full Head of Hair

Established Member
Reaction score
I think I'm gonna order it today. It looks like it would work pretty well.

zippolighter

Reaction score
headaches

Has anyone experienced any type of headaches or light headedness while using topical spironolactone? I've been using it for the last several days and I have been feeling a bit light headed. Could it be that I am applying too much? I'm applying a good amount. The thing is that my brain is right under my scalp! It probably is doign somthing right? Could it cause anytype of brain damage?

Thanks!

-Zippo

Freestyle

Established Member
Reaction score
Re: headaches

zippolighter said:
Has anyone experienced any type of headaches or light headedness while using topical spironolactone? I've been using it for the last several days and I have been feeling a bit light headed. Could it be that I am applying too much? I'm applying a good amount. The thing is that my brain is right under my scalp! It probably is doign somthing right? Could it cause anytype of brain damage?

Thanks!

-Zippo

Yes.

Boru

Established Member
Reaction score
Fallout Boy said:
all Eucipil users keep us updated on your progress!!!!

I use it in the evening. Seal it in with Australian Golden Emu Oil. My hair, though still mostly short strong vellus or terminal ("perhaps alot of intermediate") has noticibly improved after using Fluridil (about 4 months now) as well as finasteride, minoxidil, laser comb and other therapies I use.
Being expensive, I use one third of a vial, it lasts longer.
Boru

j25

Established Member
Reaction score
I am a diffuse thinner (26), very thin hair at the back of the vertex and some temporal recession. After 1,5 years of finasteride i am still losing ground. I comb my hair backwards to hide my thinning mop, which sucks.
I want to add spironolactone to my regimen to see if it can halt the thinning. Now, i've heard that the 5% solution is too thick to use on parts of the scalp that aren't slick bald yet, so the 2% solution sounds like a better option. However, apart from the top i also want to spend a bit of spironolactone on the temples.
So what do you guys advice, 2 or 5%? And how long will a bottle last, taking into account that i am planning to use the majority on the vertex and a small amount on the temples (once a day)? Thanks.

zippolighter

Reaction score
advice

I have been using spironolactone 5% from Dr. Lee and also Xandrox 5%. I have been feeling a bit light headed and not as sensitive to touch. My arms and legs feel like they are not attached to my body. It is so strange. I took a few weeks not using anythign and my symtoms seem to reappear when I continue using the products. Has anyone experienced the same? What should I do at this point?

lordhair

Established Member
Reaction score
Has anyone tried the spironolactone from Lipoxidil out of interest?

It seems pricey, but it supposedly doesn't need refrigerating like Dr Lees 2% formula and you might be able to only use it once a day with it having liposomes

hair_tomorrow

Reaction score
IDOASIS said:
Try to stop each one separately,
and see if the sides fade away.

Good idea. I'd stop the xandrox 5% first - I bet that's the culprit.

Interesting to go back to the beginning of this thread and see those forum members from a few years back who aren't so active any more.

Hopefuily they're all jettin' around somewhere w/ full heads of hair.

rkim

Established Member
Reaction score
Re: Telogen Effluvium from Propecia

I've been using Propecia for 3 and a half months, my hair shedding increased within weeks on it and for the last 4 weeks I've been shedding 80+ a day. My hair is not growing, it's letterally falling out, the healthiest hairs and the little ones that were trying to grow back. I'm convinced I'm stuck in the Telogen Effluvium. My hair is not growing and I've lost a 3rd of it over a month all on top.

Opinions from anyone that got Telogen Effluvium from Propecia. Please give me some advice. Thanks.

Can someone explain Telogen Effluvium to me? Is this just excessive shedding that won't stop? Can you get it with minoxidil or only finasteride? Thnx.

saucemcbrolock

Established Member
Reaction score
who here has made their own spironolactone and how did it work? did it end up smelling. what carrier did u use? thanks

FunkTube

Reaction score
(Why is there no spironolactone board??)

Just got my Lees 5% today....I can tell already that a substantial amount is going to get wasted right into my hair...its going to be hard to apply "a thin layer to the scalp" as I still have a good amount of hair where I'd like to apply it....

has anyone successfully thinned the 5% cream into something more applicable? Any tips on application?

Also, does the 2% really smell like sulfur?

Thanks in advance

melbwest

Reaction score
hey funk

The 2% from Dr Lee does smell a bit odd, bit not sulphur-like. I find that the smell goes away really quickly anyway.

melbwest

Reaction score
hey funk,

2% from Dr Lee. Ive been using it for only a few weeks so no sense in making a usefulness judgement. But so far, no awful smell, no shedding, and no itchi-ness. I find it easy to apply and it was shipped very quickly. From the US to Australia.

any other questions just PM me.