Spironolactone

G

wannawanna said:
Dr. Lee's site says

It is best to apply liquid spironolactone before applying minoxidil or Xandrox to avoid contaminating the dauber surface. The delayed interaction between spironolactone and minoxidil can cause
an offensive mercaptan odor on the applicator.

I am confused. From what I have read from this site is that its best to apply spironolactone as the last toppical ( Nox, follligen and spironolactone ). Would it be ok to apply spironolactone after half hour of applying the minoxidil to avoid the contamination? :roll: .

Thx

There is no contradiction, but I had the same question because the explanation is a little confusing on the website.

The 2% is applied as a liquid, applied by dauber. He doesn't want the dauber to become contaminated and begin to smell.

The 5% is a cream and applied by hand. Wash your hand. As a cream, it can provide additional benefit (purportedly) as an occlusive dressing by applying last.

One more thing, if you use folligen, I like to use it last of the last because it causes the smell to cease seems to trap the rest of the stuff in a bit and keep it off my pillow etc. But that's just a personal preference.

Lizzad

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I got some 2% generic spironolactone recently & i don't think it smells that bad at all. It has a certain odeur (spell check?) but it dosen't strike me as majorly problematic.

Although it is supposed to react badly with minoxidil, maybe that's the problem...?!

Redbone

Reaction score
Lizzad I think we got our spironolactone from the same place do you think it is legit? Kinda unmarked and the packaging looks shitty?

Lizzad

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Mine is from wholesale & i'm of the opinion that it's legit. Packaging is fine.

Difficult to be sure tho, as with many products, from creatine, to vitamins to medications of all kinds. Most ppl can never be 100% sure of what they are taking and what pills they are popping...

rahezy

Reaction score
Can spironolactone be prescribed by your Doctor/derm and picked up in a pharmacy does it have to be from Dr. Lee?

lordhair

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm thinking of alternating Revivogen and spironolactone

Could anyone tell me how long the 2% Spironolactone and Spironolactone 5% lotion from Dr Lee's site actually lasts?

George Costanza

Established Member
Reaction score
Why isn't there a 5% liquid on the market? I use Dr. Lee's 5% lotion and it's a b**ch to get rubbed in. If I dont spend at least 5 mins rubbing it in, it leaves me with a bad case of the frosty head.

George Costanza

Established Member
Reaction score
Dr.lee's 5% lotion doesn't really have a smell. But I heard if you mix it with minoxidil it can be rough.

kevinme

Established Member
Reaction score
So who can actually give me some results on spironolactone? The person must be ONLY on Spironolactone. I haven't seen clear results yet.

hair_tomorrow

Reaction score
kevinme said:
So who can actually give me some results on spironolactone? The person must be ONLY on Spironolactone. I haven't seen clear results yet.

I began using spironolactone 2% (2x daily) in July 04. Prior to spironolactone - the only other things I was using were nizoral 2%, minoxidil 5%, and varied vitamins / minerals.

I credit the use of spironolactone 2% with slowing, maybe even stopping my hair loss. It's helped me maintain.

After 8.5 months though - and 6+ months combined w/ other treatments - I haven't seen any regrowth.

And when you're a NW5A - you don't have the luxury of sitting around and waiting and hoping.

I started proscar last month (1mg EOD) and cut back the spironolactone to 5 weekly applications. I'll drop spironolactone in about 1 month and put my eggs in the big 3 basket.

Fallout Boy

Experienced Member
Reaction score
hair_tomorrow said:
kevinme said:

I began using spironolactone 2% (2x daily) in July 04. Prior to spironolactone - the only other things I was using were nizoral 2%, minoxidil 5%, and varied vitamins / minerals.

I credit the use of spironolactone 2% with slowing, maybe even stopping my hair loss. It's helped me maintain.

After 8.5 months though - and 6+ months combined w/ other treatments - I haven't seen any regrowth.

And when you're a NW5A - you don't have the luxury of sitting around and waiting and hoping.

I started proscar last month (1mg EOD) and cut back the spironolactone to 5 weekly applications. I'll drop spironolactone in about 1 month and put my eggs in the big 3 basket.

why not keep on spironolactone if you know its working for you?? because propecia might not work as i dont think its working for me .. or maybe even the spironolactone and finasteride together will prove to be even better!! and ensure maintenance atleast?? but im thinking about trying an ani antrogen topical with my finasteride. Fluridil or spironolactone maybe??? i cant decide

Fallout Boy

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Can we really trust these "studies" done on spironolactone? Who conducted these studies? how do we know someone didnt just make up these results? i mean this is the internet lol . Could be a really dumb question but im just wondering

Full Head of Hair

Established Member
Reaction score
I would really like to know if this stuff works, or causes any regrowth. I'm really considering it.

jfhawk06

Established Member
Reaction score
i was thinking about starting spironolactone because i was under the impression it had comparable results to finasteride. those studies aren't really encouraging. now, im wondering what the hell to do