South Korean Scientists Has Developed A New Type Of Biochemical Material To Prevent Hair Loss

baldco

My Regimen
Reaction score
Too difficult to make, too expensive and no safety data whatsoever in humans.

We need other inhibitors for it. Meanwhile ppl could give melatonin a honest try:

Estradiol-Estrogen Receptor α Mediates the Expression of the CXXC5 Gene through the Estrogen Response Element-Dependent Signaling Pathway
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5122896/

Melatonin, an endogenous-specific inhibitor of estrogen receptor alpha via calmodulin.
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/15229223

Agreed, 23andme/ University of Bonn - (in 22000 men genetic data) found deficit melatonin signaling gene as one of the prominent markers for balding men. So definitely worth a try

klerik

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
no side effects

Not a doctor or anything, but doesn't melatonin make you want to sleep? I remember I have personally used it and many friends of mine for falling asleep easily, mainly used for jetlag. Althrough I doubt it would be long term, since I have also tried using it to regulate my sleep patern (had a time when I slept way to late and woke up like a zombie), but after the first, second maybe third day it stopped making me want to sleep.

HairCook

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
no side effects

Depends on concentration and vehicle. Melatonin can give you a nice hangover if too much goes systematical. i had that after three days of 2.5 ml at 0.4%.

Armando Jose

My Regimen
Reaction score
doesn't melatonin make you want to sleep?

Yes it is the same, but only a few meds, acting at mg doses, have this:
Toxicology and Potential for Harm
The acute toxicity of melatonin as seen in both animal and human studies is extremely low. Melatonin may cause minor adverse effects, such as headache, insomnia, rash, upset stomach, and nightmares. In animals, an LD50 (lethal dose for 50% of the subjects) could not be established. Even 800 mg/kg bodyweight (high dose) was not lethal.[138] Studies of human subjects given varying doses of melatonin (1-6.6 g/day) for 30-45 days, and followed with an elaborate battery of biochemical tests to detect potential toxicity, have concluded that, aside from drowsiness, all findings were normal at the end of the test period

Bill_Russo

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
what happened to the human test subjects groupbuy?
A good question indeed.
Some people claim they got the peptide but can't say anything about it. Others claim they've been getting hit with delays since like June and never really got it... Think it's pretty safe to say it went sideways.

Thomas dutchie

My Regimen
Reaction score
Are there new updates?

What are the results of the group buy?

here most attention has to go, PTD-DBM + wounds + vpa has the most potential.

Bill_Russo

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I agree. That combination right there could be it. Hell, it's already been "it" without VPA + PTD for some people.

Louisa

My Regimen
Reaction score
It seem like vpa at 11.3 % and microneedling will give great resultsHow do you mix valporic acid to get that % .

igamblesowhat

My Regimen
Reaction score
It seem like vpa at 11.3 % and microneedling will give great resultsHow do you mix valporic acid to get that % .

Where do you even get VPA? I can't seem to find any places to buy it other than in pill form. However, taking it orally is supposedly bad according to SwissTemples's website. He also says the VPA can be distilled from the pill form, but I have no idea how to go about doing that. Would rather just get the pure chem..

ImpedingReceding

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Last edited:

WheeljackG1

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

whatevr

My Regimen
Reaction score
The group buy experiment failed. Out of ~10 people no one had any results with the peptide (though most people did not use it in conjunction with VPA as no one could obtain any) and some people even reported sleep disturbance side effects. And yes the supplier was a long time legitimate supplier of peptides so the product was not fake.

I wouldn't expect much out of it. The peptide only seemed to work in vitro, in vivo there are numerous other factors like DKK1, TGFbeta, and so forth, which block the growth of hair and this peptide will do nothing about those. In short it only addresses a really small part of a very large and complex chain, if you asked me it never had any chance of working in the first place.