South Korean Scientists Has Developed A New Type Of Biochemical Material To Prevent Hair Loss

Sanchez1234

Experienced Member
Reaction score
They won't do that. The dosage they give is the max they will do. The clinic person tells me that this dosage is similar to what was in the study. Is that right?
It was done on mice. Is that comparable?

How do you know this? Where have you read it?
"Pharmacy is using the dose discussed in the South Korean studies (see below). They initially did it higher but didn't see substantially better results. "

HairCook

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Who were the ones doing this group experiment?

Seems some clinics already offer PTD-DBM petitde:

Absurd small concentration going in line with the prices we knew (making it too expensive to gb.)

One of the customer supports also thought VPA is a peptide. Absolute greyzone shilling.

John Difool

My Regimen
Reaction score
No the clinics are using a spray.

PTD/DBM $159 (1 bottle, @2-3 sprays per day = 1 month)

Valproic acid $159 (1 bottle, @2-3 sprays per day = 1 month)

Derma Roller $25 (1 time purchase)

Shipping – 2 day $30 or Overniight $40

John Difool

My Regimen
Reaction score
I think the dose on rats was 0.6%. are you aware of anyone using it at higher dose? Price per mg is $10 btw. And it seems that you could get away with deeper microneedling. The article talks about 5mm wounds.

DavidsDome

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
PTD-DBM seems totally useless topical since the molecular weight is over 3000.
However Choi is working on small molecule molecules, similar to PTD-DBM.
BMD4722 seems to be the a potent molecule.

Analysis of 16 compounds selected by means of a virtual screening protocol yielded four compounds that effectively disrupted the Dvl-CXXC5 interaction in the fluorescence polarization assay. Potential compounds were validated by fluorescence spectroscopy and nuclear magnetic resonance. We successfully identified a highly potent inhibitor, BMD4722, which directly binds to the Dvl PDZ domain and disrupts the Dvl-CXXC5 interaction.
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/29627878

Strangely the molecular weight is 594,49, so exceeding the 500 rule....
http://www.ebiochemicals.com/Wiki/WikiEB100127636.html

Anybody already know of other small molecule options?

John Difool

My Regimen
Reaction score
But how deep and often do you need to .microneedle for the purpose of scalp absorsion vs wounding for neogenesis

John Difool

My Regimen
Reaction score
Good luck waiting for the trial results. Meanwhile does anyone know where I can get a device that microneedle and inject solutions at the same time?

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
Last edited:

Throwaway94

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Good luck waiting for the trial results. Meanwhile does anyone know where I can get a device that microneedle and inject solutions at the same time?

There are things that microneedle and apply topicals simultaneously like the H2 Hydra but I don't think there will ever be a microneedling pen with hypodermic needles

Photon

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
As posted before, I was one of the tester in the group buy. Everyone realized the dosage was way too small, so I took it upon myself to buy some from other members.

Towards the end I was using around 20mg per day, very expensive. I used PG/190 Proof as the medium. I also had VPA and kept everything as clean as possible. I used my Dermantor 2 before each nightly session at .5mm.

I didn't get any results after ~5 months of use. Is the peptide too big? Maybe, but from my understanding is that a part of the molecule was responsible for the delivery. I can't remember if it was PTD or DBM.

I did everything possible to make it work, I even shaved my head for better absorption and nothing. I'm hopeful someone else tries it too because in theory it's a cure.

Throwaway94

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes there is mesotherapy but those needles are thick enough that you can't be doing it every other day, hence my comment about the sustained release vehicle.

Photon

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm curious were you on anything else at the time? No one thing is going to regrow your hair. This could be one factor that we need to target or as postulated earlier in the thread there is a protein in our scalps that does the job and we are already targeting that. CXXC5 follows Wnts up and down, so it's obviously a negative feedback regulator. Whatever protein in our scalp that degrades it is downregulated, and probably upregulated by something we are already doing, which makes this a useless add-on. Then again it might not, in which case this could be big in combination with AAs, minoxidil, etc.
Nope, I wasn't on anything. I was on finasteride and minoxidil years before the experiment but went off because it stopped working after two years. Only recently did I begin using finasteride and minoxidil again because now I'm wounding too.

The consensus was that this was a cure, nothing else was needed. That was the theory anyway.

whatevr

My Regimen
Reaction score
I actually still have about 10 vials of this peptide sitting in the freezer for almost 2 years now, haha. Never used it since guys weren't sure of the delivery method being correct and had no results, so I thought I'd save it for a better time and never used it.

Photon

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I actually still have about 10 vials of this peptide sitting in the freezer for almost 2 years now, haha. Never used it since guys weren't sure of the delivery method being correct and had no results, so I thought I'd save it for a better time and never used it.

Another huge problem with the peptide was its half-life, so I'm sure your vials are useless by now.

John Difool

My Regimen
Reaction score
We really need to know what small molecule they come up with for this. I think it's very promising. I keep going back and forth on adding it to my regimen, but I don't like the prospect of needling every day.

Would you need to needle everyday for this? If the wounding happens why would you need to trigger it again for the next days or weeks?