South Korean Scientists Has Developed A New Type Of Biochemical Material To Prevent Hair Loss

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
Would you need to needle everyday for this? If the wounding happens why would you need to trigger it again for the next days or weeks?

The peptide is around 3k Daltons, so I think you would need to needle daily for it to be absorbed. They didn't do that in the murine trial, but they were applying it to a large wound with the outer layer of skin removed. So for ten days there was no barrier to transdermal delivery. With the small wounds that we do the stratum corneum is repaired in a day.

"Microdermabrasion was shown to remove stratum corneum while retaining viable epidermis, which corresponded to increased skin permeability to sulforhodamine and reduced skin electrical resistance. After 4 h, skin remained permeable and exhibited altered skin microanatomy. After 12 h, the skin permeability barrier returned, and skin histology showed at least partial reformation of stratum corneum. By 24 h, skin microanatomy appeared to be largely repaired, including an intact stratum corneum with barrier function."
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3225536/

John Difool

My Regimen
Reaction score
Okay makes sense. Pretty heavy protein then. Still very tempted to experiment on one of my temples.

Photon

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It would be cool seeing someone else use this molecule too. It didn't do anything for me and I consider myself a good responder to treatments. Its expensive as hell though.

John Difool

My Regimen
Reaction score
It would be cool seeing someone else use this molecule too. It didn't do anything for me and I consider myself a good responder to treatments. Its expensive as hell though.

Did you microneedle everyday? Did you apply VPA after using PTD? What quantity and how often, how long did you try it for?

John Difool

My Regimen
Reaction score
Interesting feedback. The experiment was done with 0.6% I think so you were way above dosage.

Photon

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Interesting feedback. The experiment was done with 0.6% I think so you were way above dosage.
I did do like 2mg at first to test the waters but it became apparent that it was not going to do anything. So once people sold me their vials, I had enough to bump to 10mg. A few months in with no results, I decided to just go all in and do 20mg a day for the last two months. My reasoning was that I was doing too low of a dosage and if this was going to work, then it had to work at a higher dosage or not at all.

That's a good dosage. Did you make a fresh solution daily?
Not daily because that would be a hassle. I know that there was A LOT of discussions about the peptide losing efficacy within a few days because of the half-life (I think) so I did weekly batches first three months and then a batch every two days.

I don't remember the exact ratios I used because it was a while ago and I deleted my sticky note but it was something like this:

40% 190 Proof everclear
40% PG
20% Distilled water

That was the vehicle for both the peptide and a separate glass container for VPA.

John Difool

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah, I used D2 .5mm every night and with some VPA separately. Once a day, and 20mg towards the last two months. First three months I did around 10mg.

Can you please expand on the vpa part? Did you get it in liquid form or did you grind pills? Did you use 8% mixed with Ethanol?

Photon

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Can you please expand on the vpa part? Did you get it in liquid form or did you grind pills? Did you use 8% mixed with Ethanol?

I used pure VPA in liquid form, some that I ordered from Wuhan and then some a guy gave me from the group buy from another lab. The pills aren't pure VPA and it's actually not so easy to extract the VPA like most users though at first.

I don't know if it was 8% or not but I used the same vehicle and same ratios for VPA as with the peptide.

John Difool

My Regimen
Reaction score
Rats! You went really by the book on that one. Once more, a study that works on mice and not on humans.

These rodents are super lucky the whole hair loss scientific community is working hard at making sure they can look like Fabio. As for the rest of us simple mortals, we are on our own.

Photon

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Rats! You went really by the book on that one. Once more, a study that works on mice and not on humans.

These rodents are super lucky the whole hair loss scientific community is working hard at making sure they can look like Fabio. As for the rest of us simple mortals, we are on our own.
Yeah, it was very disappointing, specially since the whole experiment was cost thousands of dollars. I really thought this would be it and I wanted to be the one to give the good news to the community, but nothing ☹️.

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
Screenshot_20200826-111630~2.png

This is the drug they are using.

https://www.researchgate.net/public...e_Transdermal_Delivery_of_an_Indirubin_Analog

Throwaway94

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm looking into it. We can get it from Kane with a group buy. There's probably a lot of interest in this. I just don't know if it's worth it. BIO works on the same pathway, and nobody had success with that AFAIK.

Not just that but it seems to need a lot of help to penetrate the scalp and become bioavailable. Everyone going in on this would also need to make their own cyclodextrin micelle vehicle for their share.

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
BIO is a readily available alternative, though not as potent. 1 uM KY19382 was twice as effective as 1 uM I3O at inducing b-catenin. The dosage with either of these drugs will be low, although bioavailability is a problem, particularly with BIO. BIO has a short plasma half-life of just 1 hour

Compared with BIO or I3O, the estimated binding energy for the KY19382–DVL PDZ complex was improved (BIO = −81.80 kcal·mol−1 or I3O = −75.34 kcal·mol−1 versus KY19382 = −97.96 kcal·mol−1)

KY19382 activates Wnt/β-catenin signaling through inhibitory effects on both CXXC5–DVL interaction and GSK3β activity
To identify small molecules that mimic the function of the PTD-DBMP and delay growth plate senescence, we screened 2,280 compounds from chemical libraries (1,000 from ChemDiv and 1,280 from SigmaLOPAC) with an in vitro assay system that monitors the CXXC5–DVL interaction (Kim et al, 2016) (Fig S4). In this screening system, we identified the indirubin analogs BIO (compound 8) and I3O (compound 12), which are known GSK3β inhibitors (Meijer et al, 2003), as top-ranked positive initial hits (Tables S1 and S2). As the indirubin derivatives contain indole rings, which are known to interact with the PZD domain of DVL (Mahindroo et al, 2008), BIO and I3O also interacted with DVL PDZ domain

tileshop.jpg

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6458850/

Last edited:

Fgsfds

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Anyone know the molecular weight of KY? It’s a “small molecule” alternative to PTDDBM so maybe sub 500 daltons

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
Anyone know the molecular weight of KY? It’s a “small molecule” alternative to PTDDBM so maybe sub 500 daltons

6BIO is 356 daltons, and they are almost the same. It's definitely sub 400. They use PEG-400, which is for molecules up to 400 daltons.