Setipiprant - Frequently Asked Questions

Jim lahey

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You're in the NEW RESEARCH section, dipshit. I.e. works still in progress, not released treatments. Pretty big ask for more than just anecdotal evidence from forum users obtaining RCs from Chinese suppliers w/ zero controls or other consistencies between them all. You might be better off going to the Traditional Treatments section or better yet, back to the Impact section.
Dude relax... why do people on here feel the need to attack other members that are sceptical and vice versa. This forum is getting more and more filled with uneducated posts and immaturity.

brohawk

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Dude relax... why do people on here feel the need to attack other members that are sceptical and vice versa. This forum is getting more and more filled with uneducated posts and immaturity.
Did you not read the post I was replying to? Scepticism is fine and healthy. Calling a drug in phase 2A trials "BS" and disparaging other users for wanting to try using it before it's released? Come the f on, man.

justjosh2u

My Regimen
Reaction score
so im on avodart, and fina which has GREAT results for me and no sides. Im actually trying to regrow hair with Seti and PGE2

justjosh2u

My Regimen
Reaction score
i noticed a huge difference from being on fina for most of my life to avodart. The density of my hair changed overnight. Which gave me the appearance of more hair. It was awesome.

HairCook

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Only seti.

If you're on fina, there's no real need for seti imo. Both are for maintenance anyway.

For maintenance thats true. For regrowth you want seti/sulfa/fevi to unlock neogenesis. You should use AA together with it as it also lowers the cascade and DHT induced negative factors like Dkk1 which have no known relation to Crth2. Also finasteride/dutasteride are super cheap.

allthegains

My Regimen
Reaction score
f*****g hell you guys must be desperate. This sh*t costs 5-8$ per gram and you're still shedding after months of use.

talesofdahustle

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
okay.. i have ordered now capsules and will hopefully start with seti tomorrow, i will go with just 500-750mg a day since i have already stopped the shedding and gotten some growth in my temple region since adding certizine to my daily routine since some months. I think that 750 mg will be enough if combining with certizine and minoxidil, but we will see.
Could you please post or pm me the product/url link for certizine and how you use it. Also did certizine solely stop the shedding or was it minoxidl+certizine?

westonci

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I updated the Setipiprant FAQ

https://www.hairlosstalk.com/interact/threads/setipiprant-frequently-asked-questions.111509/

What kind of results can I expect?

The results of Seti are extremely similar to that of finasteride in that they are both primarily maintenance drugs and you might get minor regrowth if your lucky but dont expect it. Seti is basically a more expensive alternative to finasteride with the benefit of no sexual or anti-androgenic sides.

If you want regrowth you will need to add either PGE2 or minoxidil with microneedling on top of Seti.

Georgie

My Regimen
Reaction score

https://www.hairlosstalk.com/interact/threads/setipiprant-frequently-asked-questions.111509/

The results of Seti are extremely similar to that of finasteride in that they are both primarily maintenance drugs and you might get minor regrowth if your lucky but dont expect it. Seti is basically a more expensive alternative to finasteride with the benefit of no sexual or anti-androgenic sides.

If you want regrowth you will need to add either PGE2 or minoxidil with microneedling on top of Seti.
Lol i'm on duta, topical daro, CPA/estrogen, oral and topical minoxidil, stemox, needling, t-flavanone, MSM, NAC, vitamin D, C, B vitamins, curcumin, COQ10, Every other conceivable supplement that is good for hair. Still falling out and miniaturising at a rate of 120-200 hairs a day. About to buy some PGE2 but i honestly haven't got much hope. I wish we knew more about WAY or PSI/MG was cheaper because i'd try those for sure. One of my last ditches is probably going to be AGF-39 mesotherapy. I tend to think i'm kind of fucked though.

kawnshawn

Established Member
Reaction score
I would hold off on saying seti is purely just maintenance until the trials being done are published later this year. Think of this: Propecia in the end has the same effect of seti but does it in a different way. Propecia blocks conversion of DHT, less DHT attaches to follicle so then downstream there is less PGD2 which attacks the follicle. Seti works by competing with PGD2 at the receptor so there is less PGD2 attacking the follicle. In the end both result in less PGD2 hurting the follicle.

It's an established fact that for Propecia results are completely different for everyone. Some get maintenance, some get a little regrowth, some get crazy regrowth, and some don't get anything at all. Since as I said before in the end both end up reducing PGD2 I can't see why seti couldnt have a range of results for users like propecia does.

westonci

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I would hold off on saying seti is purely just maintenance until the trials being done are published later this year. Think of this: Propecia in the end has the same effect of seti but does it in a different way. Propecia blocks conversion of DHT, less DHT attaches to follicle so then downstream there is less PGD2 which attacks the follicle. Seti works by competing with PGD2 at the receptor so there is less PGD2 attacking the follicle. In the end both result in less PGD2 hurting the follicle.

It's an established fact that for Propecia results are completely different for everyone. Some get maintenance, some get a little regrowth, some get crazy regrowth, and some don't get anything at all. Since as I said before in the end both end up reducing PGD2 I can't see why seti couldnt have a range of results for users like propecia does.

Couldnt have said it better myself.

HairSuit

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

I gotta say, given all the years I was on finasteride, yes it worked well. That said, it did not work this fast or efficiently, and the sides that I am left with because of the finasteride were hardly worth the hair saved. My vote is heavily in Seti’s corner.