Setipiprant - Frequently Asked Questions

westonci

Experienced Member
Reaction score
See my progress pics here

I will be editing this post as I get new information over time.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What is the science behind Seti? Why does it works?

See image below. To understand how Setipiprant works finasteride and dutasteride work by locally reducing PGD2 in the follicle by reducing Androgen Receptor activation and hence less PGD2 being made, while seti takes a short cut and blocks PGD2 from activating the CRTH2 aka GPR44 receptor. They both work in different ways in negating PGD2 negative effects on hair. In fact you can stack both seti and finasteride together to get even better results.

If i remember correctly from seeing Cotsaerelis slides from hair congress, once PGD2 and PGj2 attach to the CRTH2 receptor they cause the progenitor cells in the bulge to deactivate and stop working.

Ill give you an analogy.

Imagine their is an exclusive nightclub called "Club CRTH2". Now unfortunately this club tends to attract a lot of thugs and gangsters (PGD2) and when they get into the club they destroy everything inside (destroy your hair). The management of the Club (you) decide they want to prevent the thugs from getting into the club. The first option is the club can hire a bouncer at the door (seti) to block the thugs (PGD2) from getting inside. The other option is to not have any bouncers but to kill everyone in the city living in poverty so their is less gangsters being made and hence less gangsters making it into the club (finasteride).

https://i.imgur.com/m8otWQI.png

m8otWQI.png

What kind of results can I expect?

Think of this: finasteride in the end has the same effect of seti but does it in a different way. finasteride blocks conversion of DHT, less DHT attaches to follicle so then downstream there is less PGD2 which attacks the follicle. Seti works by competing with PGD2 at the receptor so there is less PGD2 attacking the follicle. In the end both result in less PGD2 hurting the follicle.

It's an established fact that for finasteride results are completely different for everyone. Some get maintenance, some get a little regrowth, some get crazy regrowth, and some don't get anything at all. Since as I said before in the end both end up reducing PGD2 I can't see why seti couldnt have a range of results for users like finasteride does.

Either way for best results I would add a growth stimulant, i.e PGE2, PGE1, minoxidil, PGF2α, Cloprostenol, Bimatoprost, or Latanoprost with microneedling on top of Seti since for the majority of finasteride users only get maintenance.

Should I take it orally or apply topically?

Allergan is doing 2g/day oral. And i think they are on to something. Ive gotten better results from 2g/day oral than I did with topical.

The big problem with topical is that the CRTH2 receptor has to be blocked 24/7 and seti only has a 12 hr half-life.

Thats hard to do with topical unless you dont mind having an oily head in public (i.e when you go to work, school etc.) since you will have to apply it topically twice a day. just not practical if you have an active social life.

Not saying it wont work or be effective, but it wont be as effective as high dose oral.

The downside to oral is that it is a lot more expensive.

What is optimal oral dose?

2g/day is the clinical trial dose by Allergan

• 500mg - 1g/day will slow down your hairloss and reduce itch, but you will still lose hair
  • 1g - 1.5g/day is minimum for maintenance/stabilization if your hairloss is not that aggressive
  • 1.5g - 2g/day is for complete maintenance and minor regrowth if your lucky. (very similar to finasteride)

This is all from my experience from dosing between 200mg - 2g a day progressively over the last 2 years.

*IMPORTANT:

Seti has a 12 hr half-life so you have to split your doses to twice a day.

i.e if your doing 2g/day than take 1g in the morning and 1g in the evening.

Also seti is better absorbed in a fasted state. Try to avoid taking it with a big meal.

What is optimal topical dose?

I cant say, their is too many variables. Seti has to be altered for it to be dissolvable. So their is "salted" seti from kane and Optimized seti from the private forum. Both have different properties from the original seti.

Here an example of the difference between Setipiprant on the left and Kanes "Salted" seti on the right. I heard kane seti can hold 15%+ solution. The old seti from the the private forum could hold 5%, the new optimized seti I heard could hold more.

QsB1YSr.png

Seti is the powder! How can I prepare it?

You have two options

1) You will need to measure out seti than place it in a capsule. This is what I personally do.

2) Mass produce capsules using a capsule maker. The disadvantage is you can't measure exact doses.

How do I store it?

Store it in the freezer. Try and squeeze air out the bag every time you use it.

When should I expect results?

Proper cosmetic results take about 1 year+ to show

Its a marathon not a race.

Side effects

The only one that seems to pop up is sleep issues. Im doing 2g/day oral and I did get some sleep sides when I first started doing oral, but your body adjusts to it after about 2-3 weeks. I sleep like baby now again.

One positive side effects that I and few other have noticed is that my acne is gone. Im actually really happy about this one :)

Where can I buy it and how much does it cost?

The cheapest oral Seti that I know is legit and that Im currently using is from a guy that use to work at Zhe Chem

This is the price sheet that he gave me

50g—USD $8/g
100g—USD $7/g
150g—USD $6/g
200g—USD $5.5/g

All price includes shipping.

Contact guys name is Lewis LewisWei@hotmail.com

I paid via Western Union. If you have never use them all you do is withdraw cash from an ATM or your bank, go to your local Western Union location, and fill out a form with the senders name and address (yours), the receivers name and address (Lewis will give you that info) and the amount you want to send. After you fill out the form you will give the western union agent the funds and he will give you a receipt with a MTCN number. Email the MTCN number to Lewis and he will collect the money from his local western union location.

As for topical seti you can get it from either Kane or the Private forum ($340/25g)

I cant afford seti!

My suggestion to those that want to save money is to go on topical seti.

How long does shipping take?

About 1-2 weeks via Fedex. He will give you a tracking number.

Will customs seize it?

I never had an issue, they label it as something mundane like Titanium Dioxide so their is no issue.

Can I combine Seti with other treatments

Yes! see my post here to see why its absolutely critical to up-regulate PGE2 while using Seti https://www.hairlosstalk.com/intera...needs-to-be-on-pge2-for-full-regrowth.112524/

If you dont have access to PGE2 than use cold pressed castor oil topically and orally. Or you could use PGE1, minoxidil, Bimatoprost, or Latanoprost. Either way you should add a growth stimulant to get regrowth as Seti is mainly for maintenance only.

Also if you don't mind using finasteride you can stack both seti and finasteride together to get even better results since they both negate PGD2 in different ways.

How do I test my seti

Im currently getting my Seti tested via a friend at the University of Pisa in Italy

Do any companies study Seti? Any progress on that?

Phase II clinical trial results from Allergan will come out around June 2018

When will Seti come to market?

Based on clinical trails probably around 2021-2022. The good news is that Fevipiprant which is stronger than seti will be out in 2020.

Do we have pictures which show effectiveness of Seti?

Stay up to date on my thread here

Last edited:

buckthorn

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
beautiful, well detailed thread with abundant information! Now... if only anyone gave a single f*** about Seti...

buckthorn

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Post some pics of this seti head

he had some in his other thread. It did look like some regrowth, but it wasn't a true scientific experiment at all. Totally inconclusive because he was experimenting with several different treatments at once. I would not suggest spending $400 / mo on a treatment that we have no legit evidence for.

Reaction score
Is anyone interested in ordering a group buy amount, and splitting the cost of the purity test? I can organize it or another reputable member that has been here longer then me and is trusted. Maybe westonci?

Iah11

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Is anyone interested in ordering a group buy amount, and splitting the cost of the purity test? I can organize it or another reputable member that has been here longer then me and is trusted. Maybe westonci?

Yes

dermrafok

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Does anyone know when it will be approved by the FDA for androgenetic alopecia? You think that it is possible to advance the approval of the medication ... this medication is already approved for other pathologies.

dermrafok

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Does anyone know when it will be approved by the FDA for androgenetic alopecia? You think that it is possible to advance the approval of the medication ... this medication is already approved for other pathologies.
Thoughts?

Reactions: Oro

SimonC

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Thoughts?
As far as I know, there is no official FDA hair loss study, there are only ones related to asthma.

But, Allergan studies it as a possible treatment for androgenic alopecia. So the plan is following:
Buy some Seti, stick with it for a while, in order to maintain existing hair and understand how are you reacting, once Allergan published their results we should study them.
If they say that Seti works, stay with it and jump on Fevi next year and enjoy life being hairy bastard without experiencing severe side effects.

If they figure out that Seti isn't working, then we are fucked. I don't see better alternative treatments :(

Reactions: Oro

soo

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Should we get better maintenance results if you combine seti/fevi with the big 3 or is it not making sense because it's generally working like finasteride ==> does finasteride together with seti give better maintenance?

westonci

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Should we get better maintenance results if you combine seti/fevi with the big 3 or is it not making sense because it's generally working like finasteride ==> does finasteride together with seti give better maintenance?

They both compliment each other. Together Seti + finasteride or dutasteride would be epic since you would be both reducing the amount of PGD2 being made with finasteride and blocking PGD2 ability to bind to the CRTH2 receptor with seti. Perfect synergy

Ill give you an analogy.

Imagine their is an exclusive Night Club called "Club CRTH2". Now unfortunately this club tends to attract a lot of thugs and gangsters (PGD2) and when they get into the club they destroy everything inside (destroy your hair). The management of the Club (you) decide they want to prevent the thugs from getting into the club. The first option is the club can hire a bouncer at the door (seti) to block the thugs (PGD2) from getting inside. The other option is to not have any bouncers but to kill everyone in the city living in poverty so their is less gangsters being made and hence less gangsters making it into the club (finasteride and dutasteride).

Last edited:

Spanishboy97

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
They both compliment each other. Together Seti + finasteride or dutasteride would be epic since you would be both reducing the amount of PGD2 being made with finasteride and blocking PGD2 ability to bind to the CRTH2 receptor with seti. Perfect synergy

Ill give you an analogy.

Imagine their is an exclusive Night Club called "Club CRTH2". Now unfortunately this club tends to attract a lot of thugs and gangsters (PGD2) and when they get into the club they destroy everything inside (destroy your hair). The management of the Club (you) decide they want to prevent the thugs from getting into the club. The first option is the club can hire a bouncer at the door (seti) to block the thugs (PGD2) from getting inside. The other option is to not have any bouncers but to solve poverty in the city so their is less gangsters being made and hence less gangsters making it into the club (finasteride and dutasteride).

So if I solve the poverty I don't need the bouncer?

Paul Ford

My Regimen
Reaction score

I would be.

@westonci So you cannot store the pills at room temperature for any amount of time? I am asking to see if it's feasible if I went on vacation or somehow didn't have access to a freezer. Is there a "freeze by" date, so to speak?

Also, I see the link on how to make the pills, but how long would you say it takes you to make a months supply.

Thanks,

westonci

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I would be.

@westonci So you cannot store the pills at room temperature for any amount of time? I am asking to see if it's feasible if I went on vacation or somehow didn't have access to a freezer. Is there a "freeze by" date, so to speak?

Also, I see the link on how to make the pills, but how long would you say it takes you to make a months supply.

Thanks,

You can, but its preferable to keep it in the freezer. How long is your vacation?

Using the funnel and capsule method you would need 4x30=120 500mg pills to last a month (assuming your doing 2g/day). With 1 min per pill that would be 120 minutes or 2hrs non stop.

If you need to mass produce them I would go with the capsule maker. It would probably take 10 -15 min. But since your stuffing the capsules to the brim the exact dose per pill might be random like ie. 670mg

Bitless

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
People on hairlosstalk.com who complains about seti being too expensive and saying shits like “why don’t you just get hair transplant that’s about same price” are so dumb. After you get hair transplant, you still have to take AA to maintain further hair loss or at least slow down. After several years, if you don’t take any kinda of medicine, the hair will start receding(the part where you didn’t get hair transplant.). That’s why Wayne Rooney’s hair looks awful even after spending over 10k£ on hair transplant.