Seriously What The f*** Are The Scientists Doing

Calchas

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
depressing thread
My heart tells me to be optimistic but my mind objects.
I only hope for a lonely-wolf scientist who will come out with a breakthrough.
I have completely lost hope in mainstream research.

kiwipilu

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
cartoon1.jpg

AnxiousAndy

My Regimen
Reaction score
If women where affected by hair loss as much as men are THE f*****g CURE WOULD BE OUT IN THE 80s
Probably scratching their NW6 horseshoes at the mystery that is male pattern baldness

br1

Reaction score
Just watched Cloverfield Paradox.. The movie is set in the future, they have some awesome technology, can manipulate genes and DNA to cure diseases, and yet...........................

There is a NW7 in the crew.

That says it all about people views on baldness.. It's "normal". It's a characteristic like brown hair or blue eyes.

f*** society.

Saulus

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I wonder how balding people will feel like when they read this thread in 100 years

whatevr

My Regimen
Reaction score
Just watched Cloverfield Paradox.. The movie is set in the future, they have some awesome technology, can manipulate genes and DNA to cure diseases, and yet...........................

There is a NW7 in the crew.

That says it all about people views on baldness.. It's "normal". It's a characteristic like brown hair or blue eyes.

f*** society.

There was an interview with Patrick Stewart where he was talking about his own baldness and Star Trek and he said how in the 24th century, no one will care about hair loss anymore, and that's why it isn't cured in Star Trek.

I'd rather that a meteor wipes out the Earth than for that to be an accurate prediction of our future.

bags

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Oh man this thread is fuckkn jokes. Lol. But seriously guys I still believe in two treatments. Shiseido and Tsuji.

The first will be good enough for me cuz I am not even on the Norwood scale, just have diffuse thinning so it basically my cure.

For the rest of you guys Tsuji is the only hope I would count on. Unless another doctor in the field of stem cells creates another breakthrough. Then again unless that Doctor is in Japan, it could be a while until commercialization.

We are at most 4.5 months from Shisedio RCH 01 results. Let's Gooo

blvd77

My Regimen
Reaction score
Merck held the exclusive patent until less than 5 years ago, so of course they would want to sell as many pills as they could. Merck IS big pharma, and they had an exclusive product that offered a mild to moderately effective treatment for hair loss. It was also in their best interest to suppress any side effects from public consciousness at the very least until the patent expired, when the drug would no longer be as profitable for them. They probably knew that, as an anti-androgen, it could help reverse hair loss when they initially developed the drug for BPH. However, by releasing their research later for this second application of hair loss, they could extend the patent. Meanwhile, it was already being prescribed off-label for hair loss prior to this patent, so they were making plenty of money off finasteride from the outset.

Now that it's sold as a generic, other brands want to make money off it. Why would any of these companies WANT a third party to develop a superior medication and hold a patent on that for 20 years? So that they can make a generic in 20 years?

We already have evidence that the pharmaceutical industry will encourage GPs to give out dangerous pain killers to patients like candy, because they make money off doing so. It's not because they want the world to be pain free. The opioid epidemic was created by big pharma to make money off people by destroying their lives. They lied about Oxycontin being effective for 12 hours, leading patients to be placed on higher doses and resulting in addiction and death. And I don't even need to get started on Martin Shkreli's price hike for much needed HIV medication, from $13.50 to $750 per capsule overnight.

My only point here is, I wouldn't put ANYTHING past greedy business men. They will quite literally KILL for money. If they have no problem with that, they have no problem keeping people sick or bald.

if they pulled it back because of the side effects, you'd have the same group of morons whining about how finasteride cures baldness but evil companies dont want to give it to them because they want them to keep buying snake oil shampoos and supplements.

and in the long run, this policy is not sustainable, with increasing competition and science being public and developing at this rate.

so all concerns of this type are just low iq paranoid garbage. pretty f*****g old too.

objections about regulations supposedly blocking the golden age of hair loss industry are not much better either. its not FDA's fault that follica, for example, cant come up with a decent end product even after 10 years, so they have to invent "preparation for planning the strategy of executing a pre-pilot optimization study for a pivotal trial" type phases of research as their estimated product release approaches.

Last edited:

JeanLucBB

My Regimen
Reaction score
if they pulled it back because of the side effects, you'd have the same group of morons whining about how finasteride cures baldness but evil companies dont want to give it to them because they want them to keep buying snake oil shampoos and supplements.

and in the long run, this policy is not sustainable, with increasing competition and science being public and developing at this rate.

so all concerns of this type are just low iq paranoid garbage. pretty f*****g old too.

objections about regulations supposedly blocking the golden age of hair loss industry are not mucj better either. its not FDA's fault that follica, for example, cant come up with a decent end product even after 10 years, so they have to invent "preparation for planning the strategy of executing a pre-pilot optimization study for a pivotal trial" type phases of research as their estimated product release approaches.

It's not just low IQ paranoid garbage, they are horrible human beings as well for convincing people who have a 95% chance of success on the drug side free to endure the mental anguish of balding rather than solving their problem through the only effective means we have.

Anti-finasteride brigade are mentally ill, low IQ and morally bankrupt shitbags.

blvd77

My Regimen
Reaction score
It's not just low IQ paranoid garbage, they are horrible human beings as well for convincing people who have a 95% chance of success on the drug side free to endure the mental anguish of balding rather than solving their problem through the only effective means we have.

Anti-finasteride brigade are mentally ill, low IQ and morally bankrupt shitbags.

yeah there is a lot of projecting there as well.

I guess its easier to explain everything through some massive satanic society running after your shitty 5 dollars. meanwhile, new meds and treatments (generally) are being made available to you every week without you having to move a finger

if the drug you want doesnt get approved = boohoo, lobbies and regulation
if it does get approved = boohoo, its not 100% effective in 100% of cases, someone needs to be sentenced to death

Last edited:

JeanLucBB

My Regimen
Reaction score
yeah there is a lot of projecting there as well.

I guess its easier to explain everything through some massive satanic society running after your shitty 5 dollars. meanwhile, new meds and treatments (generally) are being made available to you without you having to move a finger

if the drug you want doesnt get approved = boohoo, lobbies and regulation
if it does get approved = boohoo, its not 100% effective in 100% of cases, someone needs to be sentenced to death

Completely avoiding the massive benefit to the overwhelming majority of those on finasteride as well. Cutting generics into quarters (I only use 0.25mg) is about $40 a year, and it's stopped my hairloss completely. I'd be a slick bald norwood 5 at 23 years old without it. It's a genuine wonderdrug and I thank big pharma for literally saving my life by creating and selling it. Total godsend.

If I hadn't listened to the conspiracy theorists and fear mongers to begin with I never would have hit Norwood 3 either or had to spend $22000 on transplants to fix the problem. These people are incredibly harmful, absolute degenerate maggots.

Calchas

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Completely avoiding the massive benefit to the overwhelming majority of those on finasteride as well. Cutting generics into quarters (I only use 0.25mg) is about $40 a year, and it's stopped my hairloss completely. I'd be a slick bald norwood 5 at 23 years old without it. It's a genuine wonderdrug and I thank big pharma for literally saving my life by creating and selling it. Total godsend.

If I hadn't listened to the conspiracy theorists and fear mongers to begin with I never would have hit Norwood 3 either or had to spend $22000 on transplants to fix the problem. These people are incredibly harmful, absolute degenerate maggots.
No offence man,but you must be really naive to believe that the 0.25mg of fina that you take has halted your baldness.
0.25mg is like taking nothing...I was on 1.25mg and it did absolutely nothing for me.Actually,i was losing at an accelerated speed while on it.

People who have aggressive hairloss and are predestined to go to NW6 will get no benefit from fina/duta/minoxidil.
Many men go to NW2-3 and stabilize there without any medication.If such a person would have taken fina,he would have falsely attribute the success to the drug.He would be like:''Fina is a wonder drug man,it has completely stopped my baldness''..but that's silly.

Just be thankful to nature that your baldness has stopped and don't misattribute that to a drug that you don't actually take.

JeanLucBB

My Regimen
Reaction score
Only idiot like you can kill his health for hair.

You can’t even string together a grammatically correct sentence, I think that lack of finasteride is damaging your brain old mate.

I’d destroy you in an IQ test, I’m likely stronger and fitter than you and probably f*** more attractive women too. Also I’m not willingly letting my hair decay like yourself. The only one with health issues here is you, mental retardation that you should get checked by a quality psychiatrist. Seek help immediately.