Seriously What The f*** Are The Scientists Doing

ElTioLaBota

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Definitely disagree with the OP on this. Where’s the female equivalent of v**** or drugs that boost libido like cabergoline, testosterone etc?

Hairloss is DAMN complex, it’s not one issue but several...
Where is a birth control pill for men?

d3nt3dsh0v3l

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Where is a birth control pill for men?
main-qimg-add2f140946fbacf6cf7a8e27c4206da.png

Feelsbadman.jpg

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
What is crazy is that they can clone whole animals but can't clone the DHT resistant hairs from the back of the head

... This is exactly what Tsuji is working on. It will probably be achieved in the next couple of years. Replicel/Shiseido will do something similar, clone dermal sheath cup cells from DHT resistant hairs and then re inject them back into the scalp that doesn't have DHT resistant DSC cells which should effectively make those hairs dht resistant.

Last edited:

NewUser

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Xander94, the world is also about 30 years behind the eight ball with figuring out how to close the nuclear fuel cycle. Lots of important stuff was put on the back burner because of banksterism. What happened was neoliberalism and the overthrow of industrial capitalism by finance in the 1980s. By 1987 the job was done. Our best and brightest went into banking and finance, came up with some brilliant mathematical formulas describing how to drain stock markets of money. And then by 2008 the geniuses crashed the western world economies. Ask the bankers to find a cure for baldness, they know everything. Masters of the universe they like to refer to themselves as.

IdealForehead

My Regimen
Reaction score

Absolutely awesome.

Also if any of you young guys care so much, there's nothing stopping you from doing an undergrad in science and then doing a masters or PhD in the subject of hair replication. Spend your life in a lab and see if you can solve it before you die of old age.

Doesn't sound so appealing?

Okay then. Question answered.

Jordan Lee Hess

My Regimen
Reaction score
The problem is notably a challenging one. My best efforts have yielded only decent progress, while I been pervasively successful tackling other well-established open problems in the medical field.

Trichosan

My Regimen
Reaction score
On a serious note however,

http://www.tokyo-med.ac.jp/derma/shsr/WCHR2017_report.pdf

As you see in the last half of the article, young researchers are encouraged and supported in the effort to advance regenerative medicine and specifically hair research. The tools and techniques now are like none other in scientific history so I believe we are seeing the beginning of tremendous advancements that will accelerate exponentially into the next decade. And yes, I'll call it, sometime between 2020 and 2030, it's game over for baldness.

whatevr

My Regimen
Reaction score
"Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity."

Humanity, as a whole, is still too f*****g dumb to cure hair loss. We like to think we're hot sh*t, but nature still has us by the balls.

abcdefg

Reaction score
How do you cure male pattern baldness when we dont even know how it works? We dont know why hair gets sensitive to DHT, we dont know how male pattern baldness is passed from one generation to the next, we dont know all the genes involved, we dont know the density or layout of androgen receptors in each person. We really dont know very much, and without knowing that how do you cure it?
male pattern baldness right now is find something involved like DHT, igf-1, or PGD 2 and then find something that alters that, and then see if it helps or hurts. Its basically guessing more then it is science but its the best we have.
Its going to be decades at least before or IF its ever cured.

Saulus

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Bitter truth:

The cure will never come. You will still talk about this sh*t to your grandchildren when youre in a retirement home:

"kids ill tell you the cure is right around t-the c-corner"

Its time to stop coping - and to hop on finasteride.

abcdefg

Reaction score
Bitter truth:

The cure will never come. You will still talk about this sh*t to your grandchildren when youre in a retirement home:

Yes. Use what exists now, and hope for the best. Dont obsess over a fantasy cure because we could be dead before it happens.

dermrafok

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Bitter truth:

Finasteride treatment and male breast cancer: a register-based cohort study in four Nordic countries
http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1002/cam4.1273/full
"A significant relationship is identified between those treated with finasteride and MBC"

Neuroactive steroid levels and psychiatric and andrological features in post-finasteride patients
https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0960076017301024

No way. New treatments are needed. I am sorry.

Saulus

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Also even when they find
Finasteride treatment and male breast cancer: a register-based cohort study in four Nordic countries
http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1002/cam4.1273/full
"A significant relationship is identified between those treated with finasteride and MBC"

Neuroactive steroid levels and psychiatric and andrological features in post-finasteride patients
https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0960076017301024

No way. New treatments are needed. I am sorry.

Its either this or bald buddy

Everything comes with a price in life

ffar1989

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I am pretty sure that scientists already found hell lots of beneficial product for people, but medicine is business as everything.

Imagine what would happen if suddenly magic pill would be found for depression, anxiety or any other mental problems…
It would have ruined f*****g all SSRI, SSRI etc. companies, same with psychotherapists and so on..

I am not saying that they actually found cure for baldness, but it is hard to imagine for me, to see anytime cure for grey hair, because all dying cosmetics would be not needed. Would be huge loss for industries.

If you don't believe me about this corrupting, read biography of THE GREATES Scientist ever existed Nikola Tesla. How he was rubbed from ideas and industries owned by Edison took money from it. Sad and eye opening story :(

Last edited: