Seriously What The f*** Are The Scientists Doing

abcdefg

Reaction score
Nah. Its just a combination of a lot of things. Its very complicated, expensive to research, cosmetic, not super profitable. Mostly its just complicated, and we dont know enough yet to really fix it. How many conditions or diseases honestly today can be fully cured? Not very many because the human body presents a lot of unique challenges that arent in a lot of other fields.

BaldyBalderBald

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I don't know, searching a cure for cancer, prion, trypanosomiasis, cryptococcal meningitis, septicemic and pneumonic plague, rabies, visceral leishmaniasis, fibrodysplasia ossificans progressiva, primary amoebic meningoencephalitis, glanders, variola, ebola, AIDS, anthrax, aspergillosis, tuberculosis, herpes B virus, thyphoid fever, Hepatitis A .................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

Jonnyyy

My Regimen
Reaction score
In countries like the US the FDA slows the f*** out any process, just to test on mice you have to apply and wait 6 months and sometimes the application is denied. That should tell you enough.

ManinBlack

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Most likely the science and the money just aren't there. They don't know how to regrow hair but the lie and say they do because they want investors to invest in their product. This isn't totally a bad thing because the investor's money helps them actually get money to develop their products, so in a way lying and saying their product is only 5 years away can make it come out faster. There wouldn't be any funding at all if the hair loss companies were truthful and told investors that there would probably be no product for decades.

spring15

My Regimen
Reaction score
Bigger fish to fry. As someone above said, trying to find cures to actual life threatening diseases.

Probably bureaucracy hindering developments as well I guess

Jonnyyy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Most likely the science and the money just aren't there. They don't know how to regrow hair but the lie and say they do because they want investors to invest in their product. This isn't totally a bad thing because the investor's money helps them actually get money to develop their products, so in a way lying and saying their product is only 5 years away can make it come out faster. There wouldn't be any funding at all if the hair loss companies were truthful and told investors that there would probably be no product for decades.
Except for investors get to see inside information not just the type of stuff we see online, if they saw the same information as us then you could say that's valid.

kj6723

My Regimen
Reaction score
"Why the f*** aren't other people being productive????!!!!!!!!"

*Browses lookism*

anigif_enhanced-10441-1428351779-14.gif

Feelsbadman.jpg

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
If women where affected by hair loss as much as men are THE f*****g CURE WOULD BE OUT IN THE 80s

Well you see what happens is, only scientists that are suffering from Androgenetic Alopecia are interested in researching and curing Androgenetic Alopecia but because they are suffering from Androgenetic Alopecia, they also have severe clinical depression and are not able to be productive.

JeanLucBB

My Regimen
Reaction score

Climate science industry in a nutshell except worse they're not even producing any useful products, just raising energy prices through less economically competitive and stable energy sources and sending industry to third world sh*t holes with minimal environmental regulation like China.

Joseph Lloyd

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Definitely disagree with the OP on this. Where’s the female equivalent of v**** or drugs that boost libido like cabergoline, testosterone etc?

Hairloss is DAMN complex, it’s not one issue but several...

DAVAT

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
What is crazy is that they can clone whole animals but can't clone the DHT resistant hairs from the back of the head

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
After I met with some of the researchers in Miami at the congress 2 years ago, they shed some light on me about this... why things take so long. I made a thread about it, it explains a lot. I think a lot of you would benefit from reading it because it's much easier to vent about them (like I used to) until you realize, it's beyond their control.

Check out my thread here: https://www.hairlosstalk.com/interact/threads/why-things-take-so-long.95373/